Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
Published: 03:20 PM, 18 May 2019 Updated: 11:11 AM, 19 May 2019
Boundless dreams are moving around the 12th World Cup tournament. Pacer Abu Zayed Rahi has become the dream partner of Bangladesh in the World Cup squad for the first time. From then, it was buzzing that, he may be replaced by Taskin in the World Cup squad. But not so. Taskin will not be in the squad but for the reserve player squad for upcoming World Cup tournament. This is what the BCB president informed.
BCB president Nazmul Hassan Papon said, “There will be no change in the squad if no injury. He made this remark while he was talking to the press in an Iftar and Doha Mahfil held at the Pan Pacific Sonargaon Hotel in the city on Friday evening.
However, he informed about the World Cup reserve squad comprising 6-7 players like Taskin Ahmed and Imrul Kayes. “We are not making any changes to the World Cup squad if there is no unexpected cause, such as a player injury or anything else. The selected 15 people play in the World Cup,” The BCB boss added.
But who will be taken to the squad if someone is injured? In response to such question, Papon said that for every position, the BCB has made a list of possibly replaced players. And they are kept in the reserve squad.
He also said that, there is no place for Taskin at the moment because there are five pacer in the squad. However, if someone gets hurt, Taskin's name will come first.
According to the BCB president, 'You see, as an example, Mustafiz, Rubel, Saifuddin have been in the squad as pacer, while Abu Zayed is the fifth. So we put Tuskin in the reserve squad. If anyone is injured, he will be taken. Likewise, we have kept Imrul for the opening, starting from the middle order we have made a list of reserve players for every place.
According to BCB Boss, the World Cup is confirmed for Abu Zayed Rahi. Al though he could not batter in the first ODI match in the tri-series, he became man of the match haunting 5 wickets in the second match against Ireland.
- Attacks on Cops: 2 Neo JMB men held
- 10 killed in India gas cylinder blast
- BUET admission test underway
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Voting in 8 Upazilas underway
- Portugal, France, England to play tonight
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- Muhammad (PBUH) urges people for marriage
- Woman gives birth to 5 babies simultaneously!
- US Gymnast Simone breaks World Championships medals record
- FB researchers using Maths for better translations
- Golakata Mosque: Where tenants were beheaded
- Neymar gets injured again as Brazil draw with Nigeria
- Ecuador protest talks set for Sunday as capital locks down
- Minister warns boosting surveillance in every edu inst
- IU admission tests schedule published
- CUET admission test held
- India set new record with test series over Proteas
- Quader opposes ban on student politics
- Kamal askes ADB help on Rohingya issue
- 4,000 cases filed over traffic irregularities
- GM accused in 54 cases arrested
- Ministry declares 22 days coaching shut
- 28 arrested in anti-drug drive
- ‘Banking sector needs urgent reformation’
- Bangladesh U-19 seal series 4-1
- Two buses race claim pedestrian life
- Delicious ‘Quail roast in coconut milk’
- News of engagement abolished is baseless: Jolly
- Oscar-winning actress arrested
- All News »
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- One held over Buet student Abrar murder
- Abrar murder: 9 BCL men held, case filed against 19
- Abrar laid to rest
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- The king who rose from the dead
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- A tale of Titanic survivor Elsie Bowerman
- Buet students place fresh 10-point demand
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- MBBS admission test today
- BUET VC at campus in students protest
- Pakistan faces Sri Lanka in 2nd T20I today
- Serial killer Samuel murdered at least 50: FBI
- China`s first polar observation satellite supports polar research
- The lake that turns life to stone!
- Bangladesh face Qatar in FIFA WC Qualifying
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Swedish King removes grandchildren from royal house
- Lake of No Return: A trap of death
- Bluewater cannot enter Shah Bukhari’s shrine
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial
- Buet’s Sher-e-Bangla Hall provost resigns