Tarique may be brought back legal assistance act: Anisul
Published: 08:24 PM, 26 April 2018
Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Anisul Huq said on Thursday that although Bangladesh has no extradition treaty with the UK, it can bring back BNP acting chairperson Tarique Rahman from London under the mutual legal assistance act.
Minister Anisul Huq said we can the help from United Nations (UN) convention against trans-border or transnational crimes in this regard to bring back Tarique in the country.
Law, Justice and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Anisul Huq said these at a press briefing at the secretariat on the National Legal Aid Day scheduled to be observed in the country on April 28.
Replying a question on the present citizenship status of the BNP leader, the law minister, said Tarique is now a political asylum seeker as he denied the Bangladeshi citizenship and that doesn`t mean that he won`t be able to get back his citizenship in the future.
Law minister added that he handed over his passport and applied for British political asylum and that means he doesn`t want to retain his Bangladeshi citizenship for the time being.
While answering another question on airing speeches of Tarique Rahman in media, the law minister said the High Court has issued an order in this regard and as citizens, so we must follow the court`s order.
Anisul Huq said a total of 2,0 1,125 people have been provided with legal assistance at government`s cost through the National Legal Aid Services Organization (NLASO) from 2009 to March 2018.
We have been able to help collect Taka 8, 35, 09,454 peacefully through mediation and provided legal assistance to 6,915 people through pre-case and post-case dispute resolution from July 2015, to March 2018, he said
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh