Tarique got travel permit by submitting passport: BNP
Published: 05:31 PM, 24 April 2018
BNP general secretary Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said that BNP`s acting chairman Tarique Rahman has taken the travel permit by submitting the passport in London.
He said this at a press conference at the party`s central office in the capital`s Nayapaltan on Tuesday.
Mirza Fakhrul said that State Minister for Foreign Affairs Shahriar Alam has made strange, irrational and illegal remarks about his citizenship by showing a document submitted by Tarique Rahman`s birth certificate to the Bangladesh High Commission in London through the UK Department of State.
He alleged if a person does not know what is the reason why a citizen can lose birthright nationality, he should not be in the post of minister of this unelected government which is shameful for the nation.
Mentioning the so-called movement of the current government which is suffered due to the brutal political vigilance of the Fakhruddin-Moinuddin government, Mirza Fakhrul said Tarique Rahman went to London in 2008 with the permission of the court to get treatment in the condition of crippling and still he is being treated properly due to lack of healing.
"Meanwhile, in his absence, he was given a chance to defend himself in politically motivated, false and fabricated cases", said BNP general secretary Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.
Fakhrul urged the government authorities concerned to immediately stop their ‘false’ campaign against the BNP acting chairman.
He also said Tarique is waiting to get a reply from the state minister for foreign affairs to the legal notice that sent to him on Monday.
He said that such a bizarre idea can be presented in front of journalists as a theory or information, or political ignorance and motivated propaganda on Facebook.
BNP`s standing committee member Mirza Abbas, standing committee member Nazrul Islam, BNP Joint Secretary General Ruhul Kabir Rizvi and others top leaders of BNP were present at the press conference.
- 52 areas of Capital locked down
- Spain records 743 more coronavirus deaths today
- Emergency telehealth service to launch for BU students
- Coronavirus infection tops 1.4 mn; death toll surging to 80,000
- 6 families in Ctg put in quarantine
- Narayanganj lockdown
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- 170 families on voluntary lockdown in Dinajpur
- Coronavirus death toll tops 78,000
- Japan declares state of emergency amid coronavirus
- Lockdown to be extended in India
- Jagdal UP in Magura announced lockdown
- ‘Majed’s death sentence after completing formalities’
- Narsingdi coronavirus infected youth in isolation
- Wages to be paid by April 16: Commerce Minister
- RAB fined 50 for reasonless roaming in capital
- Edu institutions to remain closed till Eid holidays
- 3 houses under lockdown in Lakshmipur
- Trains to turn into hospitals in India
- 3 held with 17-kg weed in Brahmanbaria
- Farmer electrocuted to death in Mymensingh
- Youth killed in Dinajpur road crash
- IPL can hold in October-November!
- MP of Narsingdi distributes food items among 1,500 families
- 2 youths provide 7 days’ food to 150
- Ferdous living with kids separately from wife
- District council stands by 5000 families in Gazipur
- 16 samples collected from Kurigram
- FIFA U20 Women`s World Cup postponed
- UP member held with govt reliefs in Natore
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- Italy coronavirus death toll surpass 12,000
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- Salman Khan`s nephew Abdullah dies at 38
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Coronavirus: New symptom heart attack
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Huawei records $123 billion revenue growth in 2019
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- US experienced highest death record in a day
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus