Tarique got travel permit by submitting passport: BNP
Published: 05:31 PM, 24 April 2018
BNP general secretary Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said that BNP`s acting chairman Tarique Rahman has taken the travel permit by submitting the passport in London.
He said this at a press conference at the party`s central office in the capital`s Nayapaltan on Tuesday.
Mirza Fakhrul said that State Minister for Foreign Affairs Shahriar Alam has made strange, irrational and illegal remarks about his citizenship by showing a document submitted by Tarique Rahman`s birth certificate to the Bangladesh High Commission in London through the UK Department of State.
He alleged if a person does not know what is the reason why a citizen can lose birthright nationality, he should not be in the post of minister of this unelected government which is shameful for the nation.
Mentioning the so-called movement of the current government which is suffered due to the brutal political vigilance of the Fakhruddin-Moinuddin government, Mirza Fakhrul said Tarique Rahman went to London in 2008 with the permission of the court to get treatment in the condition of crippling and still he is being treated properly due to lack of healing.
"Meanwhile, in his absence, he was given a chance to defend himself in politically motivated, false and fabricated cases", said BNP general secretary Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.
Fakhrul urged the government authorities concerned to immediately stop their ‘false’ campaign against the BNP acting chairman.
He also said Tarique is waiting to get a reply from the state minister for foreign affairs to the legal notice that sent to him on Monday.
He said that such a bizarre idea can be presented in front of journalists as a theory or information, or political ignorance and motivated propaganda on Facebook.
BNP`s standing committee member Mirza Abbas, standing committee member Nazrul Islam, BNP Joint Secretary General Ruhul Kabir Rizvi and others top leaders of BNP were present at the press conference.
- Afghanistan mosque bombing kills 62
- Nadeem joins India squad for Ranchi Test
- Sheikh Russel’s 56th birthday observed
- Death sentence for humiliation of the Holy Quran
- Turkey-led strikes kill 14 civilians in northeast Syria
- Workshop on IT awareness for female students held at DU
- Aligarh University Prof meets DU VC
- KUET admission test held peacefully
- At least 28 killed in Afghan mosque blast
- Semolina’s rasmalai!
- NASA astronauts Koch and Meir in all-women spacewalk
- Education programs runing on tide
- UN welcomes Turkey`s ceasefire decision
- FM calls upon German investment in Bangladesh
- Surge success of Urmi
- Bangladesh maintains all-win run beating Faroe Islands 3-1
- 6 foods that damaging your kidneys
- Bangabandhu Film City will be world class: Hasan
- NCL coaches terminated for not playing leg spinner
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Saif hits double ton, Imrul 93
- 17 fishermen jailed for catching hilsa
- Artist Kalidas Karmakar dies
- 35 arrested in anti-drug drive
- Culvert, the last reliance
- 2 children drown in Narail
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
- Singapore beat Scotland in T20 WC qualifiers
- US imposes record $7.5 billion tariffs on European goods
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- The king who rose from the dead
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- BUET students’ call off protests
- MBBS admission test today
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh