Tarique got travel permit by submitting passport: BNP
Published: 05:31 PM, 24 April 2018
BNP general secretary Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir said that BNP`s acting chairman Tarique Rahman has taken the travel permit by submitting the passport in London.
He said this at a press conference at the party`s central office in the capital`s Nayapaltan on Tuesday.
Mirza Fakhrul said that State Minister for Foreign Affairs Shahriar Alam has made strange, irrational and illegal remarks about his citizenship by showing a document submitted by Tarique Rahman`s birth certificate to the Bangladesh High Commission in London through the UK Department of State.
He alleged if a person does not know what is the reason why a citizen can lose birthright nationality, he should not be in the post of minister of this unelected government which is shameful for the nation.
Mentioning the so-called movement of the current government which is suffered due to the brutal political vigilance of the Fakhruddin-Moinuddin government, Mirza Fakhrul said Tarique Rahman went to London in 2008 with the permission of the court to get treatment in the condition of crippling and still he is being treated properly due to lack of healing.
"Meanwhile, in his absence, he was given a chance to defend himself in politically motivated, false and fabricated cases", said BNP general secretary Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir.
Fakhrul urged the government authorities concerned to immediately stop their ‘false’ campaign against the BNP acting chairman.
He also said Tarique is waiting to get a reply from the state minister for foreign affairs to the legal notice that sent to him on Monday.
He said that such a bizarre idea can be presented in front of journalists as a theory or information, or political ignorance and motivated propaganda on Facebook.
BNP`s standing committee member Mirza Abbas, standing committee member Nazrul Islam, BNP Joint Secretary General Ruhul Kabir Rizvi and others top leaders of BNP were present at the press conference.
- Get driving license after eye and dope test: HC
- Rohingya wants to return after ensuring recognition
- Warner hits ton, Australia heading for big total
- Novoair increases flights to Jashore
- US confirms drone was shot down by Iranian missile
- Soumya makes brekthough for Bangladesh
- National Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign on June 22
- Rohingyas’ ardor to return home on refugee day
- Prisoner dies in Kashimpur jail
- ‘Dhaka Attack’s villain Taskeen got married
- Rana`s bail stay till July 1
- Provide Tk 50 within 2 months to Rajib’s family: HC
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- 9 to die for killing C’nawabganj Jubo League leader
- Rain, thundershowers likely to continue
- Australia to bat first against Bangladesh
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- ‘Refugee Day’ observed with 1.1m Rohingyas burden
- Google Doodle celebrates Sufia Kamal’s birth anniv
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Tigers look for Cardiff 2005 encore in Nottingham
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- England wins beating Windies
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- Probe report submission deferred again
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges