Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
Published: 07:37 PM, 18 August 2019
Tannery owners will buy rawhide from Monday as before. In addition, the rawhide stockist and tannery owners will settle the matter after meeting with FBCCI on August 22.
The decision was taken at a tripartite meeting of the government, tannery owners, stockist and raw skin concerned in the chair of the Commerce Ministry on Sunday afternoon.
After the meeting, Industry Minister Advocate Nurul Majid Mahmood Humayun said that there was no problem in the leather industry. Guidelines on leather trade are processing, and today's meeting resolved the issue. They will decide on August 22 meeting. It is customary, there is no such problem all is resolved. The rawhide is not so wet. Buying rawhide has already begun.
He said that when our country is moving towards, a palace is active to stop it. Representatives from different districts have said that 5 percent rawhide has been lost out of one crore. Because of the hot summer, 10,000 rawhide can be wasted.
On the export of leather, he said, a decision will be taken after scruitinizing the situation. It's rawhide and exporting will take time. We will export if we deem necessary.
Prime Minister's Private Sector Development Advisor, Salman F Rahman, said that about one crore animals were sacrificed on the occasion of Eid-ul-Azha. This time 10 thousand rawhide has been damaged, every year 5,000 rawhide has been wasted. This time the number of damaged rawhide is more due to overheating.
"We will be sitting on August 22," said Delwar Hossain, general president of Bangladesh Hyde and Skin Merchant Association.
- Aloe Vera for bright hair
- 8 projects including cancer centres in each division approved
- Iran supreme leader rules out negotiations with US
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Dhaka-Mymensingh train service resumes
- Shahid Kapoor’s 2nd marriage!
- Nirmal Purja set for final push in record 14-peak bid
- Traditional silk sector starts getting back lost glory
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- Two brothers die from snakebite while sleeping
- NGO worker killed in Panchagarh road crash
- 2 killed as bus hits motorcycle in Gazipur
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to spread wings today
- Bangladeshi youth refuses reward for €2,000 cash find in Rome
- Barcelona, Liverpool, Chelsea to play tonight
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- White House: A monstrous residence
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Padma Bridge’s toll yet to be decided: Quader
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday
- 12 sailors missing as lighter ship capsizes in Bay of Bengal
- Rohingya homes destroyed for government facilities
- Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
- Amitabh was victim to marry Jaya!
- 2,500 missing in Bahama’s Hurricane Dorian