Tamim may join Tigers in ODI series against Windies
Published: 08:13 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:13 PM, 27 November 2018
Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal, who is currently recovering from a side strain, may make his return to international cricket with the one-day series against West Indies, expects Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) director Akram Khan.
“Tamim is trying his best to reach the highest level of fitness, and the team physio and doctors are also looking after him. We hope Tamim can make a return to the international cricket with the one-day series against West Indies,” Akram Khan told reporters on Tuesday.
Bangladesh's best opener Tamim Iqbal last played for the country during the Asia Cup in UAE. He got injuries in his left wrist during the tournament opener against Sri Lanka while facing a bouncer of Suranga Lakmal. The match is still memorable for Tamim's heroics by facing a ball with one hand at the end of the innings to accompany Mushfiqur Rahim after the fall of the ninth wicket.
The left-handed opener was forced to leave the field immediately after opening the innings, and later a scan suggested that he suffered a fractured on his wrist. Tamim's injury came as a big blow for the Tigers as he never got a place in the team during the Asia Cup.
Tamim faced another obstacle while attending a training session prior to the first Test of West Indies series as he got a side strain, and which made further delay for Tamim to make a comeback.
After the ongoing Test series, Bangladesh and West Indies will fight to prove their limited-overs prowess. The one-day international series will take place from 9th December with a day-night affair in Mirpur, with the remaining two matches are scheduled to be played on 11 and 14 December.
Right after the one-dayers, both teams will fight in a three-match T20Is series. While the first T20I will be played in Sylhet International Stadium on December 17, the other twos will take place in Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium on 20 and 22 December.
Bangladesh beat host West Indies in the previous two limited-overs series in July this year.
- Unrest in India-Pakistan border again
- Dengue claims housewife’s life in Satkhira
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Cox’s Bazar
- FM reaffirms for Rohingya send back
- Homemade delicious Beef Kala Bhuna
- China remains with Myanmar on Rohingya issue
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Treatment and medicine at Tk 5 only!
- Noble to fly for US
- RAB rescues abducted man from remote area, 4 held
- UNHCR praises Bangladesh
- Debiganj UNO office assistant killed in road crash
- Indian Cricket Board getting richer
- Day temp likely to fall (1-2) °C
- China’s hypersonic DF-17: Threat for regional stability
- Bede couple dies of snakebite in Satkhira
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- World Mosquito Day today
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon