Tamim may join Tigers in ODI series against Windies
Published: 08:13 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:13 PM, 27 November 2018
Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal, who is currently recovering from a side strain, may make his return to international cricket with the one-day series against West Indies, expects Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) director Akram Khan.
“Tamim is trying his best to reach the highest level of fitness, and the team physio and doctors are also looking after him. We hope Tamim can make a return to the international cricket with the one-day series against West Indies,” Akram Khan told reporters on Tuesday.
Bangladesh's best opener Tamim Iqbal last played for the country during the Asia Cup in UAE. He got injuries in his left wrist during the tournament opener against Sri Lanka while facing a bouncer of Suranga Lakmal. The match is still memorable for Tamim's heroics by facing a ball with one hand at the end of the innings to accompany Mushfiqur Rahim after the fall of the ninth wicket.
The left-handed opener was forced to leave the field immediately after opening the innings, and later a scan suggested that he suffered a fractured on his wrist. Tamim's injury came as a big blow for the Tigers as he never got a place in the team during the Asia Cup.
Tamim faced another obstacle while attending a training session prior to the first Test of West Indies series as he got a side strain, and which made further delay for Tamim to make a comeback.
After the ongoing Test series, Bangladesh and West Indies will fight to prove their limited-overs prowess. The one-day international series will take place from 9th December with a day-night affair in Mirpur, with the remaining two matches are scheduled to be played on 11 and 14 December.
Right after the one-dayers, both teams will fight in a three-match T20Is series. While the first T20I will be played in Sylhet International Stadium on December 17, the other twos will take place in Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium on 20 and 22 December.
Bangladesh beat host West Indies in the previous two limited-overs series in July this year.
- U-19 CWC: Japan faces India today
- Drug trader killed in Khilkhet gunfight
- 3 consecutive rocket attack near US Embassy
- President for utilising scouting to serve nation
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- 50pc of state-run entities funds to deposit in private banks
- Argentine goalkeeper Romero faces a road accident
- Mymensingh-Chattogram train services resume
- Google chief urges ‘proportionate’ AI regulation
- Female officer slapped BJP leader (video)
- Youth held with marijuana in Satkhira
- Youth sentenced to life imprisonment in Rajbari
- ACC drives at KMCH
- 40 teenagers detained from park in Jashore
- Woman killed, 16 injured in Joypurhat road crash
- 33 promoted to District Judges
- `Wife murder`, Fahmi again discussed in media!
- Total print media 3165, one state-owned
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 4 detained with drugs in separate drives
- To get bright skin use rose water
- Praveen Kumar tried to commit suicide
- Moslem Uddin takes oath as MP
- 11 gamblers detained with 2 crores rupees
- Hand bombs blasted in Noakhali
- HC stays Primary recruitment test result of 14 districts
- Youth wants Mir’s daughter number!
- Miller encourages voters to cast votes
- Science-Technology Fair begins in Adamdighi
- 3 brother detained for stabbing elder
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- DU expels 63 students for life
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Bus-ambulance collision kills 2 in Rangpur
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Lawmaker Abdul Mannan in ICU