Taliban infighting kill 28 fighters in W. Afghanistan
Published: 09:39 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 09:39 PM, 30 November 2018
A deadly Taliban infighting killed 28 militants and wounded 17 others from both sides in Afghanistan’s western Herat province, a local source said Friday.
“Armed men loyal to the two Taliban fractions - Mullah Rasoul and Mullah Hebatullah clashed with each other late on Thursday, in Shindand district of Herat province, leaving 28 fighters from both sides dead and 17 others wounded,” provincial governor’s spokesman Jailani Farhad told Xinhua.
The source also confirmed the killing of a security officer, following a Taliban ambush in Juye Ghazi area of the restive district, where the slain officer, Abdul Matin was on his way to Shindand from provincial capital Herat city.
Shindand, with wide-armed Taliban presence, is still a restive district of the province, where the militants often launch momentum against government forces.
None of the militants’ rival sides have commented on the incident.
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Marium, a lovely animal dies after eating plastic
- New Indonesian capital to be in Jungle?
- How to cook meat faster
- Tourists unhappy over Teknaf`s odor-pollution
- Fatima: The Wonder Lady!
- Rail links with Khulna snapped
- Maududist modern era devil: Agriculture Minister
- ‘Blood Bank of Kaliganj’ saved thousand lives
- ‘Mayaboti’ release date scheduled
- Dressing room rift misinterpreted in media: Mahmudullah
- Humayun for all-side interest on rawhide issue
- Tannery owners to buy rawhide form tomorrow
- JKS for transport workers’ fixed work hrs rein road accident
- How long should Kashmiris wait for peace?
- JnU’s Olympiad winner dies
- Day laborer Dalip Singh became ‘Great Khali’
- Shirin Sharmin to join South Asian Speakers’ Summit
- 1 day after buying bike, youth killed in accident
- Happy birthday Mia Bhai
- Serious health risk in handling taka: research reveals
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Cumilla road crash: 6 of a family among deceased
- Jumps from boat get a divorce!
- DMP files 4,780 cases over traffic violations
- Tk 120 cr allotted for flood recovery
- Writ seeking HC order to find out culprits in rawhide fall
- Man killed in Dhaka road crash
- How to advance in career when your boss won’t help
- Action against bribe payer too: PM
- All News »
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- National Mourning Day Thursday
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Priyanka anxious over Nick’s diabetes!
- Karchi flood: Death toll rises to 11
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Holly Eid-ul-Azha tomorrow
- Jacqueline stuns in yellow during birthday trip in Sri Lanka
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- 60pc animal waste of Capital disposed
- PM visits conjoined twins Rabeya, Rukaya at CMH
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Removal of animal wastes almost completed: DSCC Mayor
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Keep environment clean to prevent dengue: President
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- No foreign prog broadcast without permission
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- Last Hajj ritual heralds Eid Al-Azha
- Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
- 63 Bangladeshi Hajj pilgrims died in Saudi Arabia
- 2 gang rape accused killed in gunfight
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Flood victims to get 24,000 houses
- `Our prayer for abolition of evil power`
- 8 births recorded during Hajj 2019
- Huge crowd at terminals
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future