Tajia procession brought out amid tight security
Published: 11:57 AM, 10 September 2019 Updated: 02:31 PM, 10 September 2019
Marking the holy Ashura, commemorating the martyrdom of Hazrat Imam Hossain Ibn Ali (RA), Shia community people brought out traditional Tajia processions in the capital on Tuesday.
The main procession was brought out at 10:00 am from Imambara Hussaini Dalan in Old Dhaka amid tight security and will end 2:00 pm at Dhanmondi's Jhigatola area.
The Tajia procession, which has been escorted by law enforcers, will parade different streets at Bakshibazar, Urduroad, Lalbag Chowrasta, Ghora Shaheeder Mazar, Azimpur, and Newmarket areas.
Meanwhile, Dhaka Metropolitan Police (DMP) has taken foolproof security measures over Tajia procession.
According to DMP's guidelines, the use of all kinds of sharp weapons, metals, flammable objects, bags, pots, sticks, knives, swords and fireworks is prohibited during Tajia procession. Besides, no bike can take part in the mourning procession and the height of flag in the procession cannot exceed 12 feet.
DMP Commissioner Asaduzzaman Mia on Saturday said that no one from different streets will be allowed to enter the procession halfway. To participate in the procession, all must go to the beginning point, he said.
Before entering the mourning procession, all must go through archways and metal detectors and body search, the DMP commissioner said.
Mohammad Maksud Hossain, a member of Shia community said, "We have brought out our procession following all directives of the Dhaka Metropolitan Police. We are not carrying any weapon like knife, sword and other sharp weapons in the Tajia procession."
Holy Ashura is being observed in the country today with due religious fervour and solemnity. The day is a public holiday.
On this day in the Hijri year of 61, Hazrat Imam (RA), grandson of Prophet Hazrat Muhammad (SM), along with his family members and 72 followers had embraced martyrdom in the hands of Yazid’s soldiers at the desert of Karbala to uphold the teachings of Prophet (SM).
- Judge Zahara Mitu
- Fragmented body found in mysterious suitcase
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Five dead as Chile looters torch factory
- Fire at Keya Spinning Mill in Gazipur
- President reaches Japan
- 4 ‘Ansar al-Islam’ militants held in capital
- 9 new HC judges take oath
- Clash in Borhanuddin: 5000 sued in a case
- 6-10 Pakistan soldiers killed by Indian army
- Councillor Rajib placed on 14-day remand
- 30 killed as bus skids off road, bursts into flames
- 9 new HC judges to take oath today
- T20 WC Qualifier: Canada faces Nigeria today
- ‘Abominable’ won’t be screened in Malaysia over S. China Sea map
- India, Pakistan exchange fire in Kashmir, killing 9
- Brexit will happen on Oct. 31
- Bangladesh Army Volleyball competition concludes
- Chile paralyzed after three die in protest violence
- Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
- Laxman, Smith picks Tamim, Shakib in their dream XI
- 1,34,625 HA land under T-Aman cultivation in Netrokona
- People aren’t responding to Oikya Front’s call: Hasan
- President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
- 1st scientific congress on NCDs kicks off in city
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Jubo League chairman Omar Faruq fired
- Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
- PM receives Russian translated books on Bangabandhu-Sheikh Hasina
- Pearl over 8 thousand-yrs old found in UAE
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated