Tailback, heat forced passengers becomes ill
Published: 05:24 PM, 11 August 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
General passengers are getting sick as huge tailback on the highway. Many people have fallen asleep under the trees on the roadside due to intense heat. Many of them are agitated by the traffic jam.
A 30-kilometer tailback was created on Dhaka-Tangail highway today, causing immense sufferings to the holidaymakers. Hundreds of vehicles stuck in the road. Due to the tailback, the homebound passengers, especially children, and women have become the worst sufferer with having no toilet facilities on their way.
Starting from the east side of the Bangabandhu Bridge, the tailback reached Karatia area, our Tangail correspondent reports visiting the area.
Besides, a passenger named Sonia of Bogura has fallen ill. Other passengers are trying to heal her by dropping her from the car and pouring water on her head.
A passenger named Mukta of Nilphamari become ill. If blood flowed through his throat at one point, she was rush to the hospital.
While talking to our correspondent a passenger named Abul Kalam, who was traveling northbound, said he got in a car from Gabtali around 9am. But till now (one and a half), he has been stuck in traffic on Tangail Cortea Bypass.
Truck driver Quddus Mia said that he had arrived Gharinda Bypass from Rabna Bypass around 3:30 pm. Where it usually takes five to seven minutes at most.
Another passenger named Solaiman said he got in a car from Chandra in Gazipur at 9am to celebrate Eid with family. But he is still on the bypass. The way traffic has been created seems we have to do Eid on the street.
Bangabandhu Bridge East Police Station Officer-in-Charge Mosharraf Hossain said toll collection has been kept stop due to additional pressure. This situation is because of traffic congestion. However, he said there would be no pressure on the highway in the afternoon.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing