Happy Birthday Tahsan
Tahsan not ‘celebrating’ Birthday...
Published: 05:29 PM, 18 October 2019
It’s been a year since ‘Rock King’ of band music or guitar-magician Ayub Bachchu left the world. His first death anniversary is observed on Friday.
And today is Tahsan Khan’s birthday. But like others, he is not celebrating his birthday this year too. “On this day, Ayub Bachchu left us, I didn’t celebrate the birthday last year and is not celebrating this year also,” he said.
As the year was different, Tahsan Khan was born on the same day. Last year, when all the preparations were made for celebrating the birthday, he heard the news of Ayub Bachchan’s death, his happy day turned into a shadow gloom and rushed the hospital to see the guitar legend for one last time.
He did not celebrate the day. Tahsan wrote a poem on his birthday last year. It has not been released yet. But on Thursday, after a year, he recited the unpublished poem himself.
Earlier in a Facebook live video, Tahsan said, “On October 17, I wrote a post for my fans where I wrote I wanted a gift from the fans. But what I want, I will tell that by a poem. But the next day, brother Bacchu left us. Then I no longer had the mentality to post the poem. Today the poem came out again so I read it to everyone.”
Recalling Ayub Bachchu, Tahsan said, “When I first went to the United States in 2006 to receive an award, Bacchu Bhai was with me. I wanted to buy a guitar from there. Bacchu Bhai chose the guitar for me. The guitar is still there. Whenever I look at the guitar I remember Bacchu Bhai. My prayer to this day that wherever Bacchu Bhai is, stay well.”
Tahsan said he would spend the day with his daughter Aira Tahrim Khan and his parents. Tahasan’s full name is Tahsan Rahman Khan. He is one of the most popular musicians, composers and music directors, presenters and performers. But a teacher in the profession.
His ancestral residence was Bikrampur in Munshiganj. Tahsan was studied at Ag Church School and St Joseph’s High School. He passed HSC from Notre Dame College in 1998 and obtained a Bachelor’s (Marketing) and Master’s (Finance) Degree in Business Administration from Dhaka University’s Business Administration Institute.
The popular songs of Tahsan is too long. Some of the notable songs are — ‘Protigga’, ‘Rodela DUpur’, ‘Roder Achor’, ‘Kalponik Prem’, ‘Ogochore’, ‘Megher Pore’, ‘Prothom Prem’, ‘Keno Hotath Ele’, ‘Tumi Chuye Dile Mon’, ‘Prothom Bhalobeshe’ etc.
He is also popular for acting. His plays include ‘Monforing er Golpo’, ‘Neel Pori Neelanjona’, ‘Sporsher Baire Tumi’, ‘Chinigura Prem’, ‘Hotath Tomar Jonno’, ‘Anamika’, ‘Mr and Mrs’ etc.
He made his big-screen debut this year with ‘Jodi Ekdin’. In this, Kolkata’s Srabanti starring opposite Tahsan. The singer said another new movie will be announced soon.
- ‘Pink ball bizarre’
- ‘Strict action if tries to hike rice price’
- Day, night temp likely to fall over the country
- Girls prefer obese men: research
- 2 US troops killed in Afghanistan helicopter crash
- Drug dealer held in Joypurhat; 665 bottles Phensidyl seized
- Indefinite strike of goods transport underway
- 3 shops gutted in Tangail
- NZ-England meet again
- Kamal seeks Turkish support for Rohingya return
- Transport workers blocked Dhaka-Sylhet-Ctg highway
- Drug trader killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Traders detained and fined for hiking salt prices
- Cop killed in Cumilla as truck hits police-vehicle
- Brazil-Argentina ‘Super Clasico’ tonight
- Kalmaegi to unleash in Philippine as new threat brews
- 2 Jubo League activists killed in Dinajpur truck crash
- PM returns home
- HM to hold meeting with covered van owners
- 20th death anniv of Begum Sufia Kamal today
- Miking for salt price hike rumors
- Rumors rising salt price though adequate reserve
- BFF announces squad for SA Games
- If extra price for salt; call 999
- Results of BRUR admission test published
- German industry sees deep slump in 2019
- Time extended for SSC form-fill-up
- Swedish prosecutor drops Assange rape investigation
- Salt market under control in 30 munites
- Luis Enrique returns as Spain boss
- All News »
- Humayun Ahmed’s first wife Gultekin married again
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Eight allegations of genocide against Myanmar
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Case filed against Suu Kyi at Argentina court
- After ‘Bulbul’, now cyclone ‘Nakri’ forming in Bay
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- 7 bogies of Rangpur Express derail; fire at 3
- Tigers opt to bat
- Graduation at 9!
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- PM blames Ziaur Rahman for Rohingya crisis
- 43 Students received ‘Quran’ as gift
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Abrar murder: Chargesheet submitted against 25
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- Writ seeking Tk 10 cr compensation for Abrar’s family
- Happy Birthday to legend of Bengali Literature
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- International Men’s Day today
- Fire burns Rangpur Express (Video)
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4