Tabith, Ishraque get BNP tickets
Published: 08:09 PM, 28 December 2019 Updated: 08:09 PM, 28 December 2019
Tabith Awal Mintu and engineer Ishraque Hossain will contest as BNP’s mayoral runners in Dhaka North City Corporation (DNCC) and Dhaka South City Corporation (DSCC) elections respectively scheduled to be held on January 30.
BNP Secretary General Mirza Fakhrul Islam Alamgir announced their names at a press conference at the party’s Chairperson Khaleda Zia’s Gulshan office in Dhaka this evening.
Tabith Awal is a member of the party’s national executive committee while Ishraque Hossain is the elder son of recently late BNP vice-chairman Sadeque Hossain Khoka who was the last mayor of the undivided Dhaka City Corporation.
Tabith Awal Mintu and Ishraque Hossain's name were finalized by BNP's high command at a meeting of the party standing committee held on December 23. However, they went through the selection process to give the matter a democratic form.
BNP standing committee member Dr. Khandaker Mosharraf Hossain, Jamiruddin Sarkar, Nazrul Islam Khan, Gayeshwar Chandra Roy, Mirza Abbas, Amir Khasru Mahmud Chowdhury, Dr. Abdul Moin Khan, Iqbal Hasan Mahmood Tuku and Selima Rahman were also present.
The elections for Dhaka North and South City Corporation will be held from 9am to 5pm on January 30.
The last date of submission of the nomination is December 31 and scrutinize is January 2 and withdrawal is January 9. The symbol will be allocated on January 10. The entire election process will be held on electronic voting machines (EVMs).
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks