TV actress Amita Udgata passes away
Published: 09:56 PM, 25 April 2018
Veteran TV actress Amita Udgata, who became a household name while playing the role of ‘Amma’ in Star Plus’ popular social drama, Mann Ki Awaaz Pratigya is no more. She passed away at the Criticare Hospital.
She was last seen on Shaheer Sheikh and Erica Fernandes’ show Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi as Dadi Bua, who comes for the marriage of the couple.
The actress passed away last night in a city hospital due to lung failure. She had been keeping unwell for four days and was kept alive by life support.
She is survived by two sons, Ruchin and Rishab. It seems the last rites will be done on Thursday when her eldest son flies down to the country. She was also in films like Sarabjit and Hasee Toh Phasee.
The veteran actress was associated with Doordarshan from 1979 to 1990. She has done shows like ‘Maharana Pratap’, ‘Baba Aiso Varr Dhundo’, ‘Doli Armaanon Ki’ amongst others.
Amita close friend and actress Abha Parmar told India Today that we were more like sisters than friends. I am from Kanpur and she was from Lucknow. I wasn’t aware that her condition so serious. I was supposed to visit her today. She was a great actress and a friend and we have faced life’s struggles together.
Bollywood Life offers its heartfelt condolences to her family in this hour of grief.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today