TSC`s tea stalls shuts
Published: 02:39 PM, 2 January 2018 Updated: 12:58 PM, 4 January 2018
Dhaka university has shut down all the tea stalls at Student-Teacher Center (TSC) this morning.
No tea stalls were allowed to open at TSC premises on Tuesday morning.
Tea stalls woners said the members of the proctorial body have forbidden to open tea stalls on Monday night.
Students found the tea stalls closed at TSC on Tuesday morning.
Dhaka University proctor Prof AKM Golam Rabbani said that all makeshift stalls have been ordered to shut down in campus to ensure hygienic food, security and proper environment for education.
He, however, did not mention how long the decision will be effective.
Dhaka University unit president of Chhatra Union Tuhin Kanti Das highly criticised the move and told that the decision was “un-democratic and imposed without an alternative”.
- Drug paddler caught in DB trap
- PM urges dev partners to trim down conditions
- ‘No difficulty in Padma Bridge for coronavirus’
- Youth held for selling fake question paper in Lalmonirhat
- Appoint doctors in prison hospital’s vacant posts: HC
- Taposh’s manifesto promises to build modern Dhaka
- Moyna; a brave woman entrepreneur
- Mymensingh farmers busy cultivating Boro paddy
- Jet evacuates Americans from China
- New route being built on Dhaka to Ctg-Sylhet
- Shah Rukh Khan’s cousin Noor Jehan dies of cancer
- Japanese brings back 206 evacuees from Wuhan
- UAE confirms first coronavirus cases
- ‘Deal of the Century’ best betrayal of century: Iran
- Question leaker held in capital
- ‘Bollywood does not need international audiences’
- US dropped record number of bombs in Afghanistan
- Robbing with law enforcers identity, 3 detained
- Severe floods in Brazil leave 52 dead
- 7.7 quake hits Caribbean, Tsunami warning issued
- Jamal Bhuyan stood by the cold affecteds on street
- Kobe Bryant’s body among 3 identified
- 67 foreign observers in city polls
- Light rain or drizzle likely
- Coronavirus exceeds SARS virus
- AC Milan knock out Torino to reach Coppa Italia semis
- ‘I do not want coronavirus in Bangladesh, so I will not return’
- Coronavirus: Germany confirms 3 more cases
- Trump releases long-awaited Middle-East peace plan
- India faces NZ in 3rd T20 today
- All News »
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- Rohingya killing resumed defying ICJ order
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin fare Tk 15,000!
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- Coronavirus death toll climbs to 106
- Basketball legend Kobe Bryant dies in helicopter crash
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- Tambadu: The man who stands beside distress Rohingya
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- E-passport to be launched today
- ‘Jamalpur Express’ to be launched tomorrow
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- 3 US crew killed in Australia firefighting plane crash
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- Bangladesh meet Pakistan in 3rd T20 today
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Evaly accused of cheating over online offers
- Hearing on writ seeking stay city polls today