TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
Published: 09:05 PM, 18 May 2019 Updated: 10:23 AM, 19 May 2019
The government has started selling the essential commodities across the country through the Trading Corporation of Bangladesh (TCB) at the beginning of the month to keep the prices of Ramadan affordable. In this program, five products were sold through 197 spot and hundreds of dealers across the country including 45 truck sales in Dhaka. TCB has stopped selling the products suddenly without any announcement.
TCB has played a role in controlling Ramadan market by selling essential sugar, oil, pulses, gram and dates. Consumers were quite interested in the purchase of these products. However, there has been anger among consumers and dealers due to the discontinuance of the sale of goods without any prior declaration.
Consumers did not meet the truck sales of TCB in waiting from dawn to noon at Azimpur in Dhaka on Saturday. Humayun, a van-product seller of Azimpur Chapra Mosque area told that it is not right stopping sale of the goods without any announcement. Besides, the government official Aminul Islam said, I came to take oil, but the car did not come.
TCB trucks are not seen in front of the National Press Club too, many people have come back bag packets.
Meanwhile, Khilgaon TCB dealer Lovely Enterprises owner Lovely said, we have to face the question of consumers as authority stop supplying the products without any announcement.
He said, to keep the price of Ramadan products and in the workers ‘purchasing power the government sells TCB oil and sugar every day till one day before the Eid. But this year it doesn’t sale up to 10 days. It's mysterious. If the price of sugar or oil increases, TCB have to take responsibility for it.
Regarding the matter, Nurunnabi, general secretary of the Dealers Association, said that many dealers have complained that their products supply have been stopped without any announcement. TCB did not tell anything about why it was closed.
He said there are a lot of products in Godawn yet. And if they denied, then our question, does TCB not stock enough for the month of Ramadan?
The general secretary of the dealer association said, "We will meet the chairman of the TCB on Sunday and will inform about not supplying the goods.
- Attacks on Cops: 2 Neo JMB men held
- 10 killed in India gas cylinder blast
- BUET admission test underway
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Voting in 8 Upazilas underway
- Portugal, France, England to play tonight
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- Muhammad (PBUH) urges people for marriage
- Woman gives birth to 5 babies simultaneously!
- US Gymnast Simone breaks World Championships medals record
- FB researchers using Maths for better translations
- Golakata Mosque: Where tenants were beheaded
- Neymar gets injured again as Brazil draw with Nigeria
- Ecuador protest talks set for Sunday as capital locks down
- Minister warns boosting surveillance in every edu inst
- IU admission tests schedule published
- CUET admission test held
- India set new record with test series over Proteas
- Quader opposes ban on student politics
- Kamal askes ADB help on Rohingya issue
- 4,000 cases filed over traffic irregularities
- GM accused in 54 cases arrested
- Ministry declares 22 days coaching shut
- 28 arrested in anti-drug drive
- ‘Banking sector needs urgent reformation’
- Bangladesh U-19 seal series 4-1
- Two buses race claim pedestrian life
- Delicious ‘Quail roast in coconut milk’
- News of engagement abolished is baseless: Jolly
- Oscar-winning actress arrested
- All News »
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Unrest in BUET over Abrar murder
- Abrar murder: BUET students place 8-point demand
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- One held over Buet student Abrar murder
- Abrar murder: 9 BCL men held, case filed against 19
- Abrar laid to rest
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- The king who rose from the dead
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Abrar murder: 10 accused remanded for five days
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- A tale of Titanic survivor Elsie Bowerman
- Buet students place fresh 10-point demand
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- MBBS admission test today
- BUET VC at campus in students protest
- Pakistan faces Sri Lanka in 2nd T20I today
- Serial killer Samuel murdered at least 50: FBI
- China`s first polar observation satellite supports polar research
- The lake that turns life to stone!
- Bangladesh face Qatar in FIFA WC Qualifying
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Swedish King removes grandchildren from royal house
- Lake of No Return: A trap of death
- Bluewater cannot enter Shah Bukhari’s shrine
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial
- Buet’s Sher-e-Bangla Hall provost resigns