TCB stopped sale of Ramadan commodities suddenly!
Published: 09:05 PM, 18 May 2019 Updated: 10:23 AM, 19 May 2019
The government has started selling the essential commodities across the country through the Trading Corporation of Bangladesh (TCB) at the beginning of the month to keep the prices of Ramadan affordable. In this program, five products were sold through 197 spot and hundreds of dealers across the country including 45 truck sales in Dhaka. TCB has stopped selling the products suddenly without any announcement.
TCB has played a role in controlling Ramadan market by selling essential sugar, oil, pulses, gram and dates. Consumers were quite interested in the purchase of these products. However, there has been anger among consumers and dealers due to the discontinuance of the sale of goods without any prior declaration.
Consumers did not meet the truck sales of TCB in waiting from dawn to noon at Azimpur in Dhaka on Saturday. Humayun, a van-product seller of Azimpur Chapra Mosque area told that it is not right stopping sale of the goods without any announcement. Besides, the government official Aminul Islam said, I came to take oil, but the car did not come.
TCB trucks are not seen in front of the National Press Club too, many people have come back bag packets.
Meanwhile, Khilgaon TCB dealer Lovely Enterprises owner Lovely said, we have to face the question of consumers as authority stop supplying the products without any announcement.
He said, to keep the price of Ramadan products and in the workers ‘purchasing power the government sells TCB oil and sugar every day till one day before the Eid. But this year it doesn’t sale up to 10 days. It's mysterious. If the price of sugar or oil increases, TCB have to take responsibility for it.
Regarding the matter, Nurunnabi, general secretary of the Dealers Association, said that many dealers have complained that their products supply have been stopped without any announcement. TCB did not tell anything about why it was closed.
He said there are a lot of products in Godawn yet. And if they denied, then our question, does TCB not stock enough for the month of Ramadan?
The general secretary of the dealer association said, "We will meet the chairman of the TCB on Sunday and will inform about not supplying the goods.
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- ECNEC clears 10 projects
- PM orders to quick repair of shaky bridges
- ‘King of Pop’ Michael’s 10th death anniv today
- Owners of 31 brick kilns sued
- Writ files to correct mistakes on English 2nd paper
- Suman in HC seeking ban on unnecessary C-section
- Six Killed as bus falls into ditch in India
- Heat wave may abate some places
- JSS activist shot dead in Bandarban
- Elderly man dies as 90kg man falls on him
- US hits Iran’s supreme leader Khamenei with sanctions
- Australia-England high voltage match today
- 3 human traffickers killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- Shakib star as Bangladesh beat Afghanistan
- Where Shakib is first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties