T-Aman seedbed prepared on 100 acres in Gaibandha
Published: 02:42 PM, 19 August 2019
Department of Agriculture Extension (DAE) in Gaibandha has prepared community seedbed of T-Aman paddy on 100 acres of land to supply the seedlings to affected farmers to recover the losses caused by the recent flood.
Office sources said seedbed of Aman paddy was prepared on 7398 acres of land in the district this year to bring 1,23, 067 hectares of land under T-Aman paddy farming during the current season.
But, seedbed of 2472 hectares of land were damaged due to the recent flood making the farmers of the district more worried about the farming of the main crop and food security.
Considering the interest of the affected farmers the DAE took the initiatives to prepare community seedbed in all the seven Upazilas of the district at the directives of the high officials of the Agriculture Ministry.
Accordingly, seedbed of flood-tolerant BRRI Dhan 51 and BRRI Dhan 52 and short duration BRRI Dhan 48 on 100 acres of land have been prepared in the district.
The seedlings grew well on the seedbed and the seedlings would be distributed to the flood affected farmers here within 10 days freely, said district training officer Showkat Osman of DAE.
Deputy Director of DAE Dr. SM Ferdous said it would be possible to farm 6000 bighas of land with the seedlings produced on the community seedbed during the current season.
It is not the gigantic type of help for the farmers but it means that the officials of the DAE are beside the farmers, the DD added. - BSS
- Minni’s trip to Dhaka Saturday
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?