Symbolic return of Bangabandhu after 48 years
Published: 11:20 PM, 10 January 2020 Updated: 11:01 AM, 11 January 2020
The Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman returned to his beloved Sonar Bangla after 48 years. He landed at Tejgaon Old Airport (National Parade Ground) in Dhaka from the UK to Delhi via that DC-10 plane. But this time, Bangabandhu has come into the Bengal through a symbolic atmosphere.
Around 10 to 12 thousand people at the Tejgaon Old Airport have felt the return of Father of the Nation in front of their eyes marking.
The audience, most of them were born after the Liberation War, saw the whole atmosphere with surprising eyes and felt what happened when Bangabandhu landed in the freshly liberated and sovereign Bangladesh on January 10, 1972, after 290 days of imprisonment in Pakistan jail.
Not only the 10 to 12 thousand people felt the situation, but also the whole nation, as well as the many people across the world, watched the symbolic return of Bangabandhu.
The symbolic atmosphere was created before Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina inaugurated the countdown.
A laser light symbolized Bangabandhu with a waving hand like January 10, 1972, while common people including students welcomed Bangabandhu on the occasion. A 21 gun-salute was given on the occasion.
A contingent of army, navy and air force troops offered an honor guard in line with the event on that day 48 years ago.
Later, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina delivered her speech and unveiled the logo of ‘Mujib Year’ and inaugurated the countdown to celebrate the birth centenary.
Chairman of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman’s Birth Centenary Celebration National Implementation Committee National Professor Rafiqul Islam and Chief Coordinator of the committee Dr. Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury handed over the logo to the Prime Minister.
- Police involved in Delhi mosque blaze incident
- Handover book to children, not smartphone: Information Minister
- 15 families confined over fence
- China to send 100,000 ducks to battle Pakistan’s locust plague
- 12 Jamaat-e-Islami activists sent to Jail
- Airport underpass being launched on Bangabandhu’s birthday
- 2 detained with 66kg weed in Natore
- Drug smuggler caught at airport with yaba in stomach
- Perera, Pradeep back in Sri Lanka T20 squad
- College girl on deathbed in torture of ‘Jiner Badshah’
- Youth arrested with 10,000 pc. of yaba
- Drug dealer detained with yaba in Pirojpur
- All from Cox’s Bazar Land Acquisition Branch immediately transferred
- Quota system reformed in Class-XI admission
- 11kg silver seized at Satkhira border
- ‘Shukno Golap’ of Nahid released
- BD in top among hilsa enriched countries
- BD women’s T20 WC ends with two straight defeats
- Take measures to control mosquitoes ahead of rainy season: PM
- Germany suspends cooperation with Myanmar until Rohingya repatriation
- Don’t work without appointment letter: Hasan Mahmud urges journalists
- Power price hike again by Tk 7.13 per unit
- Ways to remove dirk circle under eyes in 10 minutes!
- Bangladesh under pressure losing openers
- 4 brick kilns demolished, fined Tk 14 lakh
- Khaleda’s bail plea rejected
- Garbage stack removed from Habiganj hospital gate
- Mamata Banerjee’s poem amid Delhi violence
- Italy expats urged to stay uppermost alert
- Acid thrown to make Muslims eyeless in Delhi
- All News »
- 1.10 min video of Papiya leaked
- Papiya used 12 Russian beauties as bait for VIPs
- Papiya expelled from Jubo League
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Arms, alcohol recovered from Papiya’s residence
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Salman Shah`s wishes fulfilled: Samira
- Death toll climbs to 21 in Delhi clashes
- Two doctors die of coronavirus within 24hrs
- Hundreds of thousands of mussels dead in New Zealand heatwave
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Salman Shah commits suicide, not murdered: PBI
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- PM critical of speaking Bangla in English accent
- 3 killed after crane crashes on sets of Kamal Haasan
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Motorcycle accident kills 2 women in Banani
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Fire kills 3 incl child in capital’s Eskaton
- Chinese President lauds Sheikh Hasina
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in UAE
- President, PM pay homage to Language Heroes
- Crowd erupted at Shaheed Minar
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Amal Clooney will fight for Rohingya
- Pilkhana carnage day today
- Metals more ‘harmful’ than nicotine found in Benson, Gold Leaf
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Zimbabwe opt to bat in Dhaka Test