Syed Ashraf's body in Bailey Road resideance
Published: 06:40 PM, 5 January 2019 Updated: 07:35 PM, 5 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Former Awami League General Secretary and Public Administration Minister Syed Ashraful Islam's body has been brought to his official residence at Bailey Road in the capital.
His body was brought to the house by the ambulance from Shahjalal International Airport on Saturday evening.
The relatives, public administration ministry officials, Awami League leaders, well-wishers and common people are staying in the house for the last time to .
It is known that his body will be kept at CMH at 8:30 pm.
Earlier on 6pm, the body of Syed Ashraf was taken from Thailand to Shahjalal International Airport on a flight of Bangladesh Biman.
National leaders led by Awami League General Secretary Obaidul Quader received his body.
The veteran politician’s first namaj-e-janaza will be held on Sunday at the Jatiya Sangsad Bhaban’s south plaza at 10:30 pm. Guard of honor will be given to him there.
On that day, his body will be taken to Kishoreganj, from where the veteran Awami League leader was elected Member of Parliament (MP) for five times. There his second namaj-e-janaza will be held at old stadium ground in the district town at 12:00 pm.
Third namaj-e-janaza will be held at Mymensingh Anjuman Eidgah ground at 2:00 pm.
Syed Ashraf, a popular figure in the arena of politics, will be laid to eternal rest at Banani graveyard in Dhaka at 4:30 pm on Sunday.
Sayed Ashraful Islam died on Thursday night at a hospital in Bangkok at the age of 68.
He had been suffering from lung cancer for a long time. He is survived by a daughter to mourn his death.
Ashraf was born in Mymensingh in 1952. His father Syed Nazrul Islam was acting President of Mujibnagar Government in 1971 and one of the key figures of Bangladesh independence struggle.
Syed Ashraf won the boat symbol in Kishoreganj-1 constituency in the eleventh parliamentary election.
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man killed in Paltan road crash
- Levitating objects with light
- Movement of Suprobhat, Jabal-e-Noor buses suspended
- 300 ‘Su-Probhat’ buses on road; appro70 only
- Cucsu polls to be held soon
- 2 buses collision kills 3 in Sirajganj
- 2 burnt in Ctg gas line explosion
- No exam till class-III
- 4yrs minor girl raped by ‘uncle’
- Biz ldrs oppose Govt’s gas price hike plan
- US-Bangla starts Chennai flights from March 31
- Ershad’s 90th Birthday celebrated
- 1,221 recommended for cadre posts
- Indian investors interested to energy sec
- HC bans making film, drama on Jaha Alam
- BIWTA thrashes 185 illegal structures
- 9th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- Students call off movement till March 28
- India beat Bangladesh to raced into SAFF final
- Doctor jailed using own sperm fertilizing more than 50 women
- Farhad, Saif powers Doleshwar to easy victory
- Ducsu AGS with student movement
- Suprobhat Paribahan driver put on 7-day remand
- Ardern calls for global anti-racism fight
- Arrest warrant issued against Khaleda in another case
- Fake notes of Tk 8 lakh seized: 4 held
- Not full adults until 30s: Sci
- Super worm moon to rise tmrw
- 4 to die for killing sibling farmers in M’singh
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Dhaka-Kolkata Ship service starts March 29
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- BCB has no problem with Shakib`s IPL participation
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Dutch-Bangla service to be closed for 5 days
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand