Syed Ashraf’s namaz-e-janaza held at Jaitya Sangsad
Published: 11:14 AM, 6 January 2019 Updated: 12:54 PM, 6 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The first namaz-e-janaza of Awami League Presidium member and Public Administration Minister Syed Ashraf was held at the South Plaza of the Jaitya Sangsad on Sunday morning.
President Abdul Hamid, Awami League leaders and other politicians from different parties participated in his namaz-e-janaza. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was present there at that time.
Earlier on the day, the body of Syed Ashraf, son of the national leader and Bangabandhu’s close associate Syed Nazrul Islam, was taken to South Plaza of the Parliament complex from Combined Military Hospital (CMH) at 9:30 am.
From here, Ashraf’s body will be taken to his home district Kishoreganj by a helicopter where his second janaza will be held at Sholakia Eidgaon Maidan at 12 noon. Then his body will be taken to Mymensingh where another janaza will be held at Anjuman Eidgah at 2:00 pm.
The mortal remains will be flown back to the capital from Mymensingh and the Awami League leader will be laid to eternal rest at Banani Graveyard after Asr prayers.
Syed Ashraf died of lung cancer at Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand, around 9:45 pm on Thursday at the age of 67.
His body was brought back home on Saturday. A Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight carrying his body landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 6 pm. From the airport, the body was taken to his Bailey Road official residence and it was later kept at the CMH for Saturday night.
The veteran Awami League leader was elected MP from Kishoreganj-1 constituency five times - 1996, 2001, 2008, 2014 and 2018.
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Psychologists solve mystery of songbird learning
- Mansur pays homage to Bangabandhu
- 6 new ships to join BSC fleet
- Rare yellow cardinal caught on camera
- World Meteorological Day tomorrow
- Abrar’s parents meet PM
- Death toll rises to 7 in Barishal road crash’
- 24h Anti-drug drives detained 48 in Dhaka
- 6 hijackers detained in Tongi
- 1650 dev projects progress laudable in FY18
- Death toll rise 47 in China chemical plant blast
- Lightning strikes killed 1 in Habiganj
- Edu Minister criticized teachers for ‘Coaching’
- NZ PM received death threats
- Argentina to train up Bangladeshi footballers
- ‘Shark plane’ in Bangladesh
- Orchita Sporshia in Makkah to perform Umrah
- Will take charge of Ducsu: VP Noor
- Mustafiz gets hitched
- Balaka bus hit Menon’s car
- Emilia Clarke reveals she suffered two near-fatal brain aneurysms
- Woman`s throat-slit body found in Bagerhat
- 2 powerful cyclones bear down on North Australian coast
- Commercial banana farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Surma-Dhanu rivers in hand of influential occupiers
- Unidentifind woman killed in Narsingdi road crash
- Two US soldiers killed in Afghanistan
- Journo Anwarul Haq passes away
- Five drug traders among 19 held in Dinajpur
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- National SME fair begins
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- 50 killed as flash floods strike Indonesia’s Papua
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police