Syed Ashraf’s 2nd namaz-e-janaza held at Sholakia
Published: 01:50 PM, 6 January 2019 Updated: 01:50 PM, 6 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The second namaz-e-janaza of Awami League Presidium member and Public Administration Minister Syed Ashraf was held at Sholakia Eidgaon Maidan in Kishoreganj on Sunday noon.
Hundreds of thousands of his colleagues, supporters, well-wishers and people from all strata of life participated in his namaz-e-janaza at around 12:00 pm.
From here, Ashraf’s body will be taken to Mymensingh where another janaza will be held at Anjuman Eidgah at 2:00 pm.
The mortal remains will be flown back to the capital from Mymensingh and the Awami League leader will be laid to eternal rest at Banani Graveyard after Asr prayers.
Earlier, the first namaz-e-janaza of the veteran Awami League leader was held at the South Plaza of the Jaitya Sangsad this morning.
President Abdul Hamid, Awami League leaders and other politicians from different parties participated in his first namaz-e-janaza. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina was present there at that time.
Syed Ashraf, son of the national leader and Bangabandhu’s close associate Syed Nazrul Islam, died of lung cancer at Bumrungrad International Hospital in Bangkok, Thailand, around 9:45 pm on Thursday at the age of 67.
His body was brought back home on Saturday. A Biman Bangladesh Airlines flight carrying his body landed at Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport around 6 pm. From the airport, the body was taken to his Bailey Road official residence and it was later kept at the CMH for Saturday night.
The veteran Awami League leader was elected MP from Kishoreganj-1 constituency five times - 1996, 2001, 2008, 2014 and 2018.
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight with BGB
- Driver-helper killed as truck overturns
- Saudi Arabia blames Iran for tanker attacks
- Tax rebate if organization will recruit physically challenged
- Pakistan meets India this afternoon
- Murtaja not be executed, Saudis say
- SC reopens today after 21-day vacation
- 3 drug traders killed in Teknaf gunfight
- President leaves Dushanbe for Uzbekistan today
- Australia won by 87 runs
- Afghanistan all out for 125
- China’s largest ever Picasso exhibition opens
- Rapist kept in jail as he refused to marry victim
- Wellbeing: 2 Hours of Nature a Week
- Heavy metals result of supernova explosion
- ‘I am working in life risk to fulfill Bangabandhu’s dream’
- Two Unique Mosques in Indonesia have a breathtaking Architect
- India-Pakistan World Cup statistics!
- Australia post 334 against Sri Lanka
- Air Chief left for France
- 14 post-election murder in India’s west Bengal
- Proposed budget is business-friendly: FBCCI
- Schoolboy killed in Jhenaidah road crash
- Mushfiq injured in practice
- South Africa opt to bowl against Afghanistan
- SC ends 21 days shut tomorrow
- Tk 80,190 cr proposed for children in next FY
- Trump official pressed NASA on climate science
- `Govt takes step to prevent river erosion, water logging`
- DMP collected data of 6.2m people in Dhaka
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Health checkup for Hajj pilgrims begins on June 16
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Holy Eid al-Adha on Aug 12!
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BJP-TMC clash killed 4 killed in India`s West Bengal
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- England wins beating Windies
- JS budget session begins today
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BNP’s Rumeen Farhana takes oath
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held