Suspected hijacker held after ‘shots fired’ in Biman flight
Published: 08:22 PM, 24 February 2019
The suspect who raised an alarm at Chattogram airport this evening was apprehended after reports of gunshots fired inside a Biman flight.
The national flag carrier bound for Dubai made an emergency landing and the passengers safely evacuated. The plane was put under cordon on the tarmac.
Police and other law enforcers have been refusing to confirm or deny if it was a case of hijacking and have been terming it an “untoward incident”.
However, two passengers on board said that shots were fired. However, there has been no confirmation of any injury or casualty.
Civil Aviation Secretary Mohibul Haque said a cabin crew member raised alarm finding the behavior of a passenger suspicious.
“The pilot made an emergency landing. All the passengers were evacuated. The suspect has been apprehended and taken into custody,” he said.
Civil Aviation and Tourism Ministry’s Additional Secretary (Biman and CA) Mokabbir Hossain could not confirm whether the suspect was armed.
Chowdhury M Ziaul Kabir, director of flight safety of Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh told that the suspect could be “mentally imbalanced”.
According to him, it was a Boeing 737-800 aircraft, scheduled to fly to Dubai from Dhaka via Chattogram with 148 passengers on board.
- Security around Supreme Court beefed up
- Coronavirus scary: Samsung`s factory closed
- Today’s sports on TV
- Bus kills 9 months’ kid with mum
- Coronavirus: 2363 died, nearly 78 thousand infected
- Father shots lightning bird, son takes responsibility to cure
- AL leader shot dead in Bandarban
- 2 drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Teenager electrocuted in Chakaria
- Top terrorist Zisan’s close aide Shakil held
- Worshiping Trump’s idol!
- FBCCI favor trade with China continues
- Naeem credits Taijul for his success
- ‘Very enthusiastic people aggravating coronavirus’
- Harsh condition of healthcare in Sarankhola
- Elderly man killed in Noakhali road accident
- Cristiano Ronaldo set to make 1,000th
- Shakib Khan’s new actress Salwa!
- Elderly man killed in tractor-nachimon collision
- Nirbhaya case convicts to be hanged on March 3
- Bangladesh emerges as self-dignified country under Sheikh Hasina
- Road reformed with kerosene spray!
- Daulatdia brothel gets namaz-e-janaza for third time
- Sammy to receive honorary citizenship of Pakistan
- Schoolgirl takes poison for lover’s weeding
- Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
- Ryanair boss criticized for Muslim profiling comments
- Maulana Mehmood Madani to visit Dhaka
- Sufi Mizan: A hawker for social service
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- Mother with dead daughter in VR show
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- BUET avoids combined admission test
- Coronavirus: Elderly and sick are most at risk
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Israeli soldiers duped by Hamas
- Faf du Plessis steps down as South Africa captain
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- PM hands over Ekushey Padak-2020