Suspected hijacker held after ‘shots fired’ in Biman flight
Published: 08:22 PM, 24 February 2019
The suspect who raised an alarm at Chattogram airport this evening was apprehended after reports of gunshots fired inside a Biman flight.
The national flag carrier bound for Dubai made an emergency landing and the passengers safely evacuated. The plane was put under cordon on the tarmac.
Police and other law enforcers have been refusing to confirm or deny if it was a case of hijacking and have been terming it an “untoward incident”.
However, two passengers on board said that shots were fired. However, there has been no confirmation of any injury or casualty.
Civil Aviation Secretary Mohibul Haque said a cabin crew member raised alarm finding the behavior of a passenger suspicious.
“The pilot made an emergency landing. All the passengers were evacuated. The suspect has been apprehended and taken into custody,” he said.
Civil Aviation and Tourism Ministry’s Additional Secretary (Biman and CA) Mokabbir Hossain could not confirm whether the suspect was armed.
Chowdhury M Ziaul Kabir, director of flight safety of Civil Aviation Authority of Bangladesh told that the suspect could be “mentally imbalanced”.
According to him, it was a Boeing 737-800 aircraft, scheduled to fly to Dubai from Dhaka via Chattogram with 148 passengers on board.
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- Zareen Khan recalls facing casting couch
- BD to host SAFF Championship in Sept 2020
- 5 cops in remand held with Yaba
- 1st edition of Amputee football held in capital
- Scientists detect newborn black hole
- Yugi’s lime, a rural art
- Tips to protect your mobile bank
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Sanjay Dutta in TV drama series!
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Motorcyclist killed in Bagerhat road crash
- US shows evidence of Iran’s involvement in Saudi oil attacks
- PM receives APJ Kalam Memorial Award
- 4 officials promoted to senior secretaries
- Zinc factory in remote village!
- Rohingya terrorist detained with pistol from Balukhali camp
- Saudi clears multiple Umrah fine
- AL withdraws candidature for Rangpur-3 by-polls
- ‘Viqarunnisa principal can’t join before 11:00 am on Tuesday’
- Does your cream contain vitamin C?
- HC orders judicial inquiry against Puthia OC
- PM orders to form separate police unit for Metro Rail
- Spicy Fish Kabab
- Idol makers passing busy days in Khulna
- Sunerah in short film
- Youth kills brother for 10 bucks
- Kishoreganj Manik murder: 10 get life term
- 3000 Bangladeshi may lose citizenship in Italy!
- BRTC does not need corrupt officials: Quader
- All News »
- Mahi’s 33 and Tisha’s 22
- Paris court finds Saudi princess guilty
- With one suicide every 40 seconds, WHO urges action
- ADB country director praises PM’s planned development initiatives
- Germany criticizes Netanyahu’s annexation plan
- Blanche Monnier spent 25 yrs locked up just for love
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Kristen Stewart reacts to Robert Pattinson’s Batman casting
- 18 yrs of 9/11, worst terrorist attack in history
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- Self-made billionaire Jack Ma, who was rejected from 30 jobs
- Myths and controversies of Taj Mahal
- 5yrs without Firoza Begum
- Saudi reduces Hajj-Umrah visa fee
- U-19 Asia Cup final: Bangladesh vs India Saturday
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Mishu new face in Tigers` T20 squad
- Rastafari, a religion that developed against “Whites”
- ‘BNP’s many leaders are hired’
- Nan Madol: Ghost City on sea
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- Bribe-taking sub-registrar to be suspended
- Shakib prized Afghanistan
- Runa Laila for the 1st time in long music career
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Mystery reveals after query actress Shimla
- Taliban seizes more land after failed peace talks
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- ‘Rajhangsha’ to be inaugurated Saturday