Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
Published: 08:02 PM, 17 October 2019 Updated: 08:04 PM, 17 October 2019
Right-arm pacer Al Amin Hossain and left-arm spinner Arafat Sunny have been recalled to the Bangladesh team for the India T20I series next month as the Bangladesh Cricket Board (BCB) announced the squad on Thursday.
Al Amin played his last T20I back in 2015 while Sunny appeared in a T20I game for the last time in 2016.
Al Amin was a part of the Bangladesh national team during the World Cup 2015 in Australia, but due to disciplinary reasons, he was sent back home without playing any game. He was out of the national setup for a long time since then.
Arafat, on the other hand, was accused of illegal bowling action during the T20 World Cup 2016 India. He never got a comeback call to the national side after that.
Sabbir Rahman, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Taijul Islam and Rubel Hossain were left out from the last T20I squad of the Tigers.
Shakib Al Hasan will lead the Tigers in the three-match T20 series in India. The first match of the series will take place at Arun Jaitley Stadium in Delhi on November 3 while the other two games will be played at Saurasthtra Cricket Association Stadium in Rajkot and at Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium in Nagpur respectively on November 7 and 10.
All three games are scheduled to be played at 6:30pm (Bangladesh time).
After the T20Is series, the Tigers will face the hosts in a two-match Test series as well.
Bangladesh T20I squad: Shakib Al Hasan (Captain), Tamim Iqbal, Liton Das, Soumya Sarker, Naim Sheikh, Mushfiqur Rahim, Mahmudullah Riyad, Afif Hossain, Mosaddek Hossain Saikat, Aminul Islam Biplob, Arafat Sunny, Mohammad Saifuddin, Al-Amin Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman and Shafiul Islam.
- BUET expels 26 students over Abrar murder
- UK Labour makes radical election pitch
- `Humble` Mourinho not planning on big changes at Spurs
- Another cargo flight with 105 mts Egyptian onion lands
- Israel PM Netanyahu charged with corruption
- Event Flow of Kolkata Test
- Nasim asks party men to make AL council success
- President condoles death of Katiadi AL leader Golap Mia
- Tennis Federation GS Golam Morshed fired
- 41st Cairo int`l film gala kicks off at Egypt`s opera house
- Mithila: “There is a word called privacy”
- AI bot beats human in multiplayer game with secret roles
- Syed Rasel named Dhaka Platoon bowling coach
- Why exclusion of PEC candidates not illegal: HC
- Fielding will key point in pink-ball Test: Mominul
- Tahsan new look of Farooki’s “No Land’s Man”
- Nigerian air force destroys Boko Haram’s meeting venue
- Emerging Asia Cup Final to broadcast on TV
- Bourses bounce back
- Don’t pay heed to propaganda: PM
- Bangladesh wins 1st Gold in e-Asia Awards 2019
- Car-Free Street in Uttara!
- BNP failed to wage movement capitalizing onion issue: Quader
- Baby drown in Tangail
- Pope Francis visits Thai Buddhist temple
- Housewife commits suicide
- 22 civilians killed in Syria by Russian-backed government forces
- 89 detained in anti-drug drive in capital
- Players would focus only on cricket: Mominul
- Armed Forces Day celebrated peacefully
- All News »
- 7 teams announced for Bangabandhu BPL
- Incredible! - ‘This picture is hand-painted!’
- Swechchhasebok League’s council today
- Fire breaks out at Rajdhani Super Market
- Building collapsed in Ctg gasline blast: 7 killed, 25 injured
- Myanmar genocide case hearing next month: UN court
- Messi on target as Argentina beat Brazil
- Graduation at 9!
- Bangladeshi scientist discover `Chives` alternative to onion
- PM seeks larger UAE investment in Bangladesh
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft starts
- Dhaka rope Mashrafe, Tamim
- Swechchhasebok League gets new President, GS
- International Men’s Day today
- Bangladesh now a beggar-free country; says Quader
- Srijit’s talks on marriage with Mithila
- BPL Players’ draft: Who in which team
- Thousands devotees in Lokenath Ashram with luminaries
- Messi-led Argentina arrive in Israel for Uruguay friendly
- Sand-laden vessel sinks in Meghna being hit by launch: 3 missing
- Abrar murder: Arrest warrant issued against 4
- PSC, Ebtedayee terminal exams begin tomorrow
- Malaysia to hire Bangladeshi workers at low cost
- Amazon appeals $10B Pentagon contract won by Microsoft
- 5 dead in Bolivia clashes challenging interim govt
- 2.5-km to be visible
- Delightful 2nd day of Dhaka Int’l Folk fest today
- Bangabandhu BPL players draft this evening
- PM joins gleaming Dubai air show
- Nusrat Jahan at ICU