Stocks perform mixed on higher transactions
Published: 09:26 PM, 24 June 2019
Stocks today witnessed flat with falling trend of most of the major price indices at Dhaka and Chittagong Stock Exchanges despite higher transactions.
The day’s trade value at the DSE increased to Taka 378.15 crore from Sunday’s Taka 338.20 crore and the daily trade also rose to 12.45 crore hare from 10.05 crore share of the previous session.
The broader DSEX of the DSE closed the day with 4.74 points up at 5,379.15. The blue-chip DS30 and the Shariah DSES also closed the same trend with 2.90 point up at 1,893.82 and with 1.38 points down at 1,230.04.
At the DSE, prices of 155 securities out of the day’s 352 closed higher against 156 losing issues.
The major gaining issues were SEMLFBSLGF, 1STPRIMFMF, PF1STMF, EBLNRBMF and PHPMF1 while the major losing issues were PLFSL, RNSPIN, Eastern Insurance, Meghan Condensed Milk and United Air.
UPGDCL topped the turnover list followed by JMISMDL, BSC, National Polymer and RN Spinning.
The Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) closed the day of the week with downward trend with its major CASPI 38.22 points down at 16,470.98.
At the CSE, 269 issues traded while 106 closed higher against 118 closed lower when 2.52 crore shares worth Taka 79.28 crore changed hands.
- ‘CNG stations to remain open 24 hrs for 11 days in Eid’
- Rain or thundershowers likely
- Rooney Mara and Joaquin Phoenix get engaged
- Man accused in 18 cases killed in Bakshiganj gunfight
- DU gates locked for 2nd day
- Priya Saha to be interrogated after her return: Quader
- Father stabbed dead allegedly by son
- Taxicab, which falls into Turag, not traced even after 11 hrs
- Renu lynched in Badda, 3 held
- Today’s sports on TV
- Lightning strikes kill 32 in Uttar Pradesh
- Housewife`s body recovered from Chikli River
- Reckless Green Line takes woman`s life
- Bangladesh wins 3 bronze in International Biology Olympiad
- AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
- DU students to stage demo tomorrow
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- How to get HSC result
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Ershad’s namaz-e-janaza held in Rangpur
- Country’s 7th mobile assembling plant to be launched with FDI
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- Minni on 5-day remand
- Man accused in 14 cases killed in gunfight
- Google shuts down AdSense on Android, iOS for web
- PM opens 7 housing uplift schemes