Stocks in higher transactions week closing
Published: 10:54 PM, 10 January 2019 Updated: 10:54 PM, 10 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Stocks closed the week on Thursday upward with rising trend of all major price indices at Dhaka and Chittagong Stock Exchanges on higher transactions.
The daily average trade value at the DSE was 128.94 percent up at Taka 985.13 crore while the trade volume was 37.36 percent up at 28.22 crore shares.
The broader DSEX of the Dhaka Stock Exchange (DSE) closed the week with 206.83 points up at 5,797.30. The blue-chip DS30 and Shariah DSES also closed the week with 69.75 points up at 2,011.74 and with 47.30 points up at 1,318.66 respectively.
Out of the 349 traded securities, 261 closed higher against 79 losing issues when 7 remained unchanged.
During the week, the top five gainers were United Insurance, Phoenix Insurance, JMI Syringes and Medicals Devices, Northern General Insurance and CVO Petrochemical Refinery.
The five major losing companies were Style Craft, Bangas, Advent Pharma, Saiham Textile and Fine Foods. The top five turnover leaders were BBS Cables, Olympic Industries, BRAC Bank, Bangladesh Export Import Company and Medical Devices.
The Chittagong Stock Exchange (CSE) also closed the week up, with its major CASPI index ending 209.54 points higher at 17,765.98.
Like the DSE, most of the issues traded at the CSE closed higher when both the trade value and volume of shares increased.
- Housewife`s body recovered from Chikli River
- Reckless Green Line takes woman`s life
- Bangladesh wins 3 bronze in International Biology Olympiad
- AL will compete in Ershad’s seat
- DU students to stage demo tomorrow
- Govt appoints 70 DAGs
- Ferries not to carry truck during Eid
- Two bodies recovered in Pabna
- Muri Paddy makes farmer happy
- Hajj 2019: Multi-Storey tents in Mina for first time ever!
- Aush-Amon flooded in Moulvibazar
- Emotional Patrick Stewart unveils new Star Trek
- DIG Mizan shown arrested in bribery case
- Artificial milk production: Cost TK 6, Sell TK 61!
- HC fixed further time for Greenline
- Abduction, blackmale then ransom
- Rooppur pillow issue: HC waits for ministry’s action
- Verdict against 5 Gaibandha Razakars any day
- Rajshahi Kings sign JP Duminy
- Death convict surrendered
- Law minister doesn’t consider Priya’s statement as seditious offence
- BJP politician downs Darwin’s theory of evolution
- No action to be taken hastily against Priya Saha: Quader
- 7 including 4 cops killed in dual blast in Pakistan
- WhatsApp: Security & privacy
- Tractor rams motorcyclist in Dinajpur
- Fire at Banani multi-storey building again
- Eating burger links chronic diseases!
- Hammerhead shark found first-ever
- Court denies bail for Minni
- All News »
- Priya’s allegation is not correct: US Ambassador
- Child’s head in bag, youth lynched in Netrokona
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- Priya falsify to Trump about Bangladesh
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- HM Ershad passes away
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Rifat killing mastermind Minni; says police
- Stocks maintain positive trend
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- None took ‘liability of denying legal support’ to Minni
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Accused stabbed dead by another in front of judge in court
- How to get HSC result
- Put Myanmar for Rohingya return; FM urges US
- Minni sent to jail
- Sohel Rana speechless on Ershad’s death
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ Wednesday
- Woman lynched over child-lifting rumour: 500 sued
- Ershad’s body in Rangpur
- PM urges DCs to be sincere for accelerated development
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc