Steve Smith to play for Comilla Victorians in BPL
Published: 10:21 AM, 28 November 2018 Updated: 10:21 AM, 28 November 2018
The former Australian captain Steve Smith is all set to participate in the Bangladesh Premier League (BPL) which is scheduled to commence on January 5, 2019.
The left-handed batsman inked paper with Comilla Victorians who are the former champions of the contest. Earlier, Smith welcomed back by his Indian Premier League team Rajasthan Royals who left him out during the last season of the tournament.
Khan Nayon, media and communications manager of Victorians, confirmed the inclusion of New South Wales-man to the Comilla armoury. It means Smith will join Comilla with Bangladesh star Tamim Iqbal and Pakistan star Shoaib Malik.
"We are glad to inform you that the former Australia captain Steve Smith joins Victorians' camp. He will join us after the first four matches of the BPL. We are going a great tournament this time around,” Khan Nayon said while talking to media.
However, he denied revealing anything details about remuneration of the former Aussie player.
Steve Smith has been serving a 12-month ban due to his involvement in the ball-tampering scandal during the Newlands Test against the hosts South Africa earlier this year.
Despite the ban, Smith is allowed to play foreign T20 leagues, and the southpaw batsman played the last season of the Caribbean Premier League. He played eight matches for Barbados Tridents and scored 174 runs at an average of 21.75.
Smith played 162 T20 matches and struck 3309 runs at an average of 29.81. He has a century and 12 half-centuries to his credit. The vast experience of Smith will surely help Comilla to regain the crown of BPL.
Smith's Australian teammate, David Warner, is also set to play in the BPL as he signed with Sylhet Sixers. Along with the Australian-duo, AB de Villiers and Alex Hales will also play in the tournament as others superstar.
The sixth season of BPL will commence from January 5 next year which was initially scheduled in October 2018. But, due to the national parliamentary election, the BPL governing council decided to reschedule the most prestigious domestic cricket contest of the country.
- President for utilising scouting to serve nation
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- 50pc of state-run entities funds to deposit in private banks
- Argentine goalkeeper Romero faces a road accident
- Mymensingh-Chattogram train services resume
- Google chief urges ‘proportionate’ AI regulation
- Female officer slapped BJP leader (video)
- Youth held with marijuana in Satkhira
- Youth sentenced to life imprisonment in Rajbari
- ACC drives at KMCH
- 40 teenagers detained from park in Jashore
- Woman killed, 16 injured in Joypurhat road crash
- 33 promoted to District Judges
- `Wife murder`, Fahmi again discussed in media!
- Total print media 3165, one state-owned
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- 4 detained with drugs in separate drives
- To get bright skin use rose water
- Praveen Kumar tried to commit suicide
- Moslem Uddin takes oath as MP
- 11 gamblers detained with 2 crores rupees
- Hand bombs blasted in Noakhali
- HC stays Primary recruitment test result of 14 districts
- Youth wants Mir’s daughter number!
- Miller encourages voters to cast votes
- Science-Technology Fair begins in Adamdighi
- 3 brother detained for stabbing elder
- RAB detained 4 robbers in Capital
- After 5 Tk’s food students getting toilet
- Conflict of authority hampers academic process
- All News »
- BPL`s Man of the tournament winners
- Ticket price of BPL final increased
- Youth killed in road crash after returning home 24 yrs later
- ‘All coaching centers to remain shut from Jan 25’
- Dhaka city elections deferred to Feb 1
- Jashore car accident kills 3 including 2 sisters
- Video of man hugging, kissing pride of lions goes viral
- 32% work of Bangabandhu Novo Theatre in Rajshahi completed
- 28 institutes named after Bangabandhu and family members
- Pakistan snowfall death toll rises to 104
- Snow, rain, flash floods leave 43 dead in Pakistan, Afghanistan
- Russell hero as Rajshahi through final
- Apu Biswas to rock two shows in India
- EXO’s Chen getting married and expecting a child
- Bangabandhu BPL trophy arrives
- Khulna faces Rajshahi in BPL final today
- Secrets of 1,000-year-old ginkgo trees unlocked
- Flight operations at HSIA still halted today
- MP Abdul Mannan passes away
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- DU expels 63 students for life
- New complexity in primary teacher recruitment
- 39 killed in intense fighting in Syria’s Idlib
- Bangladesh on right track to attain SDGs: PM
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Verdict in Myanmar genocide case Jan 23
- Mashrafe playing despite 14 stitches in hand
- Razakar Kaiser’s death penalty upheld
- 5,000 camels shot dead in Australia
- DNCC, DSCC polls: No motorcycle ply for 72 hrs