Steve Smith joins Comilla Victorians
Published: 08:44 PM, 27 November 2018 Updated: 08:44 PM, 27 November 2018
Bangladesh Premier League franchise Comilla Victorians have signed Australian Steve Smith for the upcoming edition of the tournament, scheduled to start from January 5.
"We have signed him and hopefully he will be available after four games," said Victorians officials on Tuesday.
The Australian will arrive after the departure of Pakistani Shoaib Malik, who is expected to be available for the opening four matches, as he will join the Pakistan team ahead of the series against New Zealand.
Smith and Warner will be serving the ban till March 29, 2019 while Bancroft's time away is until December 29 this year.
Smith compatriot Warner joined Sylhet Sixers for the upcoming edition of BPL.
Comilla Victorians: Tamim Iqbal, Imrul Kayes, Steve Smith, Mohammad Saifuddin, Shoaib Malik, Asela Gunaratne, Liam Dawson, Amin Yamin, Evin Lewis, Waqar Salamkheil, Shamsur Rahman, Sanjit Saha, Mosharraf Hossain, Mohammad Shahid, Shahid Afridi, Thisara Perera, Abu Haider Rony, Anamul Haque, Mehedi Hasan and Ziaur Rahman
- Australia to bat first against Bangladesh
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- ‘Refugee Day’ observed with 1.1m Rohingyas burden
- Google Doodle celebrates Sufia Kamal’s birth anniv
- Birth anniversary of poet Sufia Kamal today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- Tigers look for Cardiff 2005 encore in Nottingham
- WC: Bangladesh meets Australia today
- Robber killed in Fatullah gunfight
- Youth killed in Mohammadpur gunfight
- Sohel Taj’s nephew rescued
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Ex-hockey captain Ibrahim Saber passes away
- Bangladeshis stuck off Tunisia disembark
- Naogaon youth admits to raping girl after killing her mother
- 3 twin sisters of Mymensingh rescued
- UN expert blames Saudi for Khasuggi Killing
- 4 charged with murder over downing of MH17
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Use your phone as a robot to avoid boring work !
- Dhaka Abahani thrash Manang Marshyangdhi 5-0
- Monkeys face climate change extinction threat
- Dubai’s Quranic Park landscape to express story of Islam!
- PCB to review cricket side, support personnel`s performance
- Upbeat Tigers take on Australia tomorrow
- SC upholds HC order on minimum age for FF
- UNO to get Pajero worth Tk 90 lakh
- Bangladesh sets global model in cutting poverty says PM in JS
- World No Tobacco Day tomorrow
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Probe report submission deferred again
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Caribbeans set 322-run target for Tigers
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Australia won by 87 runs
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- Facing measles outbreaks, NY bans religious vaccination exemption
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- Suspect pleads not guilty to all 92 charges