`Staying away from polls would be suicidal for BNP`
Published: 08:39 PM, 5 January 2018 Updated: 10:20 AM, 6 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Awami League General Secretary, Road Transport and Bridges Minister Obaidul Quader said on Friday if Bangladesh Nationalist Party (BNP ) doesn`t take part in the next general elections, it will be second suicidal decision for the party.
"BNP will have to take part in the next national elections...If they stay away from the contest, it will be the second suicidal decision for the party," he said, speaking at a public meeting in front of party office at Bangabandhu Avenue here.
Dhaka City South unit of Awami League organized the meeting marking the Victory Day for Democracy with its President in Abul Hasnat the chair.
AL Presidium Member Dr Abdur Razzak, Organising Secretaries AFM Bahauddin Nasim and AKM Enamul Haque Shamim, Office Secretary Dr Abdus Sobhan Golap, Forest and Environment Secretary Delwar Hossain and Dhaka City South unit of AL General Secretary Shahe Alam Murad, among others, spoke it.
Quader said the next elation will not wait for anyone as like as time and tide wait for none. If BNP misses the election, their political future will be at stake, he observed.
He said the two international conferences held in Dhaka-Inter Parliamentary Union (IPU) and Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA)-proved that there is no crisis of democracy in the country.
The foreign representatives, who took part in the two conferences, highly praised Bangladesh for upholding democracy.
As part of the central programmes, AL Dhaka North unit organized another rally at Banani Puja ground in the afternoon with its President AKM Rahmat Ullah in the chair.
AL Presidium Members Advocate Sahara Khatun, Mohammad Faruk Khan, Joint General Secretary Mahbubul Alam Hanif and Dhaka City North unit of AL General Secretary Sahed Khan, among others, addressed it.
- Repatriation halts due to Rohingya’s distrust to Myanmar
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don`t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- New DC in Chuadanga-Khagrachari
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Two senior DMP officials transferred
- New heroine with Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves