Stay workplace or quit job: PM to govt doctors
Published: 03:01 PM, 28 December 2017 Updated: 09:33 PM, 3 January 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina said, "When we`re appointing doctors in upazilas, many of them don`t want to stay at their workplace. Rather they live in Dhaka somehow by managing it. If the doctors intend to stay in Dhaka in this way they don`t need to do government job."
"They could earn huge amount of money by doing private practice in the capital. So it`s better for them to go home after resign from their job ... will give fresh appointments in their place," the Prime Minister added.
Sheikh Hasina said this while addressing a function on the occasion of handing over keys of ambulances to seven government hospitals and establishments at her office on Thursday morning.
Prime Minister also directed authorities concerned to further improve standard of education in the medical colleges to create quality physicians in the country.
She said the government has set up a huge number of medical colleges in the country. "We`ve already given permission to establish medical colleges in five cantonments and such colleges will be set up in other cantonment gradually," the Prime Minister added.
Sheikh Hasina said her government has set up Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University in Dhaka, while two new medical universities - one in Chittagong and another in Rajshahi - are also being established for ensuring higher education for medical students and further improving healthcare services.
The prime minister said the authorities will have to monitor that what type of treatment is being provided from these medical colleges. She said "They`ll have to look into whether `patient-killing doctors` or `patient-saving doctors` are being created in these medical colleges.”
Health Minister Mohammad Nasim and State Minister for Health Zahid Maleque Swapan also spoke on the occasion.
Division Secretary of Health Services Md Serajul Huq Khan delivered the welcome address, while Health Services Director General Abul Kalam Azad gave the concluding speech.
The program was attended by Liberation War Affairs Minister A K M Mozammel Haque, Prime Minister`s Advisor HT Imam and State Minister for Fisheries and Livestock Narayan Chandra Chanda, PM`s Principal Secretary Dr Kamal Abdul Naser Chowdhury and Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim.
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- Probe report against 15 M’singh razakars released
- Another dengue patient die in Dhaka
- 3 cricketers injured in collision with bus in Savar
- Imam’s slit-throat body found in Mosque
- PM opens ‘Gangchil’
- Nepal bans single use plastics on Everest region
- 3 killed as two buses collide in Thakurgaon
- Another man dies of dengue in Barishal
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter