Stars in parliamentary polls
Published: 07:07 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 07:07 PM, 30 November 2018
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The environment of the 11th parliamentary election is going on across the country. Along with professionals, politicians and ordinary people, many artists are involved in the election environment.
There are several stars who wish to be the candidate in this election. Though some of them got nominated, many of them were excluded from the nomination list.
Although several artists were collected nomination from the ruling party Awami League, only Asaduzzaman Noor, Faruk Ahmed, and singer Momtaz Begum got nomination from the party.
There are also many artists who bought nomination form from another largest party BNP, but only Kanak Chapa, Monir Khan, Baby Nazneen, actor Helal Khan and filmmaker Shahria Islam Saila got nominated.
Besides, one-time popular Chhatra League leader Sohel Rana (Masud Parvez) got nominated from another big party, Jatiya Party.
All of them have submitted nominations to respective returning officers.
The last day of submitting the nomination on November 28. On this day, these star candidates went to their respective areas and submitted their nomination papers to the district or upazila executive officer and returning officers.
Asaduzzaman Noor for Awami League submitted the nomination papers to the District Returning Officer and DC Nazia Shirin for Nilphamari-2 (Sadar) seats on Wednesday. Noor is elected MP from the seat four times. He is currently serving as the Minister of Culture.
Popular folk Singer Momtaz will take part in the election from the Manikganj-2 constituency. She is the current MP of this constituency. This seat is made up of a part of Singair, Harirampur and Sadar Upazila. On November 28, Mamtaj submitted nomination papers to Manikganj District Returning Officer.
In addition to these two, popular film director Akbar Hossain Pathan Faruk Ahmed alias Mia Bhai who was the President Bangabandhu Sangskritik Jote, also submitted the nomination from Awami League.
Though he was a candidate from Gazipur-5 (Kaliganj-Gazipur-partial area of Metropolitan-) seat, the party nominated him from Dhaka-17 (Gulshan, Banani, Dhaka Cantonment and parts of Vashantek). He has submitted the nomination papers for the seat.
Meanwhile, another popular singer Rumana Morshed Kanak Chapa submitted the nomination papers to the District Returning Officer on Wednesday from Sirajganj-1 (Kazipur) constituency.
Besides, Monir Khan submitted nomination papers to UNO and Assistant Returning Officer as BNP candidate in Jhenaidah-3 (Maheshpur-Kotchadpur) seat.
On November 28, Baby Nazneen, Helal Khan, and Shahria Islam Saila submitted nomination papers as BNP candidate.
Among them, Baby Nazneen submitted nomination papers to the District Returning Officer from Nilphamari-4 (Saidpur-Kishoreganj).
Besides, Helal Khan has submitted the nomination papers to the District Returning Officer for the purpose of election in ‘Paddy sheath’ symbol of BNP from Sylhet-6 (Biriyani Bazar) seat.
Meanwhile, Shahria Islam Shaila has submitted nomination papers from BNP in Faridpur-4 (Bhanga, Sadarpur, and Charvadrasan) seat.
In the Barishal-2 (Wazirpur-Banaripara) seat, Masad Parvez alias Sohel Rana, who is the candidate of Jatiya Party, submitted the nomination papers on Wednesday to the District Returning Officer.
Despite submitting the nomination papers, there are still many accounts left. Awami League and BNP have nominated a number of star candidates for party strategies in several of these seats.
In some seats, there is no star candidate from Awami League, but star candidates from Grand Alliance. So, it is still too early to say whether these artists will end up in the contest, whether they can be the candidate.
- `Final should not decide my future`
- Trump walks out on Democrats in fury over Russia probe
- Aspirin `safe` for brain-bleed strokes
- Why N Korea called Biden an `imbecile`
- Record groundnut output makes farmers happy
- Two electrocuted in Bagerhat
- Voting on suspended 5 upazila on June 18
- Both BPL football matches end in draw
- Formation of the moon brought water to Earth
- Indo-Bangla ties to remain same whoever elected in India: Quader
- Saudi to execute 3 prominent scholars after Ramadan
- BB enhances usance period for raw materials import
- India’s EC rejects ballot tampering allegation
- US to legalize human composting
- Double duty to deject rice import
- HC for installation of fire extinguishers in all motor vehicles
- PM instructed to probe ‘fire in paddy field’
- Mashrafe leaves Dhaka to join team in England
- Shemai maker busy before Eid in Dinajpur
- Shakib reclaims top spot in ODI all-rounder rankings
- Bengal tiger number rises in Sundarbans
- Pakistani children worst affected in HIV outbreak
- Du’a of Intent to Fast and Breaking it
- `Papaya Juice` in Iftar
- UN to honor 12 Bangladeshi peacekeepers
- HC expressed anger over Greenline’s apathy
- Six dead in Indonesia post-election unrest
- Highest power generation recorded
- Poet Helal Hafiz hospitalized
- Quader for salary, bonus before 25th Ramadan
- All News »
- Bangladesh easily chased down Ireland`s 292
- Justice Salma Masud accused of changing court verdict
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- May agrees timetable to choose new UK PM
- Protik’s World Cup song ‘Banglar Damal Chelera’
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Quader returns home this evening
- Quader to join his office today
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- President reaches London
- Man accused in 12 cases killed in gunfight
- Tk 76 lakh needed for testing Wasa water
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Today’s sports on TV
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina prayed like mother: Quader
- Saudi Arabia to provide PR green card