Stars in parliamentary polls
Published: 07:07 PM, 30 November 2018 Updated: 07:07 PM, 30 November 2018
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
The environment of the 11th parliamentary election is going on across the country. Along with professionals, politicians and ordinary people, many artists are involved in the election environment.
There are several stars who wish to be the candidate in this election. Though some of them got nominated, many of them were excluded from the nomination list.
Although several artists were collected nomination from the ruling party Awami League, only Asaduzzaman Noor, Faruk Ahmed, and singer Momtaz Begum got nomination from the party.
There are also many artists who bought nomination form from another largest party BNP, but only Kanak Chapa, Monir Khan, Baby Nazneen, actor Helal Khan and filmmaker Shahria Islam Saila got nominated.
Besides, one-time popular Chhatra League leader Sohel Rana (Masud Parvez) got nominated from another big party, Jatiya Party.
All of them have submitted nominations to respective returning officers.
The last day of submitting the nomination on November 28. On this day, these star candidates went to their respective areas and submitted their nomination papers to the district or upazila executive officer and returning officers.
Asaduzzaman Noor for Awami League submitted the nomination papers to the District Returning Officer and DC Nazia Shirin for Nilphamari-2 (Sadar) seats on Wednesday. Noor is elected MP from the seat four times. He is currently serving as the Minister of Culture.
Popular folk Singer Momtaz will take part in the election from the Manikganj-2 constituency. She is the current MP of this constituency. This seat is made up of a part of Singair, Harirampur and Sadar Upazila. On November 28, Mamtaj submitted nomination papers to Manikganj District Returning Officer.
In addition to these two, popular film director Akbar Hossain Pathan Faruk Ahmed alias Mia Bhai who was the President Bangabandhu Sangskritik Jote, also submitted the nomination from Awami League.
Though he was a candidate from Gazipur-5 (Kaliganj-Gazipur-partial area of Metropolitan-) seat, the party nominated him from Dhaka-17 (Gulshan, Banani, Dhaka Cantonment and parts of Vashantek). He has submitted the nomination papers for the seat.
Meanwhile, another popular singer Rumana Morshed Kanak Chapa submitted the nomination papers to the District Returning Officer on Wednesday from Sirajganj-1 (Kazipur) constituency.
Besides, Monir Khan submitted nomination papers to UNO and Assistant Returning Officer as BNP candidate in Jhenaidah-3 (Maheshpur-Kotchadpur) seat.
On November 28, Baby Nazneen, Helal Khan, and Shahria Islam Saila submitted nomination papers as BNP candidate.
Among them, Baby Nazneen submitted nomination papers to the District Returning Officer from Nilphamari-4 (Saidpur-Kishoreganj).
Besides, Helal Khan has submitted the nomination papers to the District Returning Officer for the purpose of election in ‘Paddy sheath’ symbol of BNP from Sylhet-6 (Biriyani Bazar) seat.
Meanwhile, Shahria Islam Shaila has submitted nomination papers from BNP in Faridpur-4 (Bhanga, Sadarpur, and Charvadrasan) seat.
In the Barishal-2 (Wazirpur-Banaripara) seat, Masad Parvez alias Sohel Rana, who is the candidate of Jatiya Party, submitted the nomination papers on Wednesday to the District Returning Officer.
Despite submitting the nomination papers, there are still many accounts left. Awami League and BNP have nominated a number of star candidates for party strategies in several of these seats.
In some seats, there is no star candidate from Awami League, but star candidates from Grand Alliance. So, it is still too early to say whether these artists will end up in the contest, whether they can be the candidate.
- Jaya Ahsan in spectral character
- Unrest in India-Pakistan border again
- Dengue claims housewife’s life in Satkhira
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Jubo League leader shot dead in Cox’s Bazar
- FM reaffirms for Rohingya send back
- Homemade delicious Beef Kala Bhuna
- China remains with Myanmar on Rohingya issue
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- Treatment and medicine at Tk 5 only!
- Noble to fly for US
- RAB rescues abducted man from remote area, 4 held
- UNHCR praises Bangladesh
- Debiganj UNO office assistant killed in road crash
- Indian Cricket Board getting richer
- Day temp likely to fall (1-2) °C
- China’s hypersonic DF-17: Threat for regional stability
- Bede couple dies of snakebite in Satkhira
- Esha Gupta injures in road accident
- Android 10: Changes look of mobile OS
- Bride’s family cracked groom’s head in wedding gate
- Boris Johnson puts his feet up in Macron`s palace
- Miley Cyrus slams rumors she cheated on Liam Hemsworth
- Strict security in capital around Janmashtami
- Eng meets Aus in 2nd day of Ashes 3rd Test
- Housewife dies of dengue in Satkhira
- Gunfight between two groups kills drug trader in Satkhira
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- Janmashtami today
- India’s ex-finance minister on 5-day remand
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- World Mosquito Day today
- Newlyweds die in road crash returning from honeymoon