Sri Lanka win by 1 wicket in vacillate 1st ODI
Published: 08:34 PM, 22 February 2020
Sri Lanka picked up a stunning one wicket win in the vacillate first ODI to lead 1-0 of the three-match series at Colombo (SSC), today.
After winning the toss Sri Lanka captain Dimuth Karunaratne decided to field first at the Sinhalese Sports Club Ground in Colombo. West Indies lost Sunil Ambris in the beginning, but they overcome the start shock with Shai Hope and Darren Bravo's 77-run partnership. Before being run out Bravo made 39 runs. Hope added 85 runs along with Roston Chase in the 3rd wicket stand.
The Caribbean then lost wickets at regular intervals. However, Hope picked up century keeping the other end intact. He played spectacular innings of 115 off 140 balls.
West Indies scored 289 for 7 as Kimo Paul and Hayden Walsh made 49 runs off 20 balls in the 8th wicket stand. Paul was unbeaten on 32 off 17 balls and Walsh 20 off 8. Isuru Udana took 3 wickets for Sri Lanka.
In reply, Sri Lanka made flying start as openers added 111 runs in 18 overs. Karunaratne made 52 off 57 before being dismissed by Holder. From here, the host reduced to 215/6.
The Caribbean is dreaming of winning the match when Sri Lanka lost the eighth wicket to 262 runs. From there, Wanindu Hasaranga kept the momentum along with Sandakan.
In the last over, Lanka needed 1 run. Sandakan dismissed when he goes for a run. However, with the next ball, Hasaranga took the desire run to seal the win for Sri Lanka. He was unbeaten on 43 runs.
Alzarri Joseph took three wickets for the Windies. Kimo Paul and Walsh took two wickets each.
- Corona death jumped 3 fold in 10 days last
- No new coronavirus case detected in last 24 hrs: IEDCR
- Infant, younger than a year dies of coronavirus
- 3-10 pc recovered Chinese re-infected with corona
- US coronavirus death toll surpasses 2,000
- Two hrs bank from today
- Sri Lanka reports first coronavirus death
- Nusrat helps to fight corona
- Relief distributed by UNO among poor people in Jhalokati
- ‘City of Deaths’ Italy: Cause and analysis
- Corona death climbs to 30,879, cases over .66m
- Bank will be open for 2hrs from Sunday
- UNO stands by poor with food-money
- Shah Rukh returning to silver screen with Alia
- BCB announces Tk 30,000 for each non-contracted DPL players
- Finnish citizen becomes senseless falling from rickshaw in Sylhet
- Coronavirus cases in US increasing rapidly
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 5 Bangladeshis test coronavirus positive in Germany
- HSC candidate under isolation in Madaripur
- Traffic police closed over misconduct with rickshaw puller
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- Be professional: IGP to police
- Global coronavirus deaths top 28500
- Deer roaming on empty streets
- DMP to distribute food 2,500 destitute people daily
- Youth died at isolation not affected by coronavirus
- Adviser spotted running away after Boris’s coronavirus diagnosis
- NU postpones all exams
- WHO testing coronavirus drugs
- All News »
- 40 more building under ‘lockdown’ in Mirpur
- Coronavirus: 147 new deaths reported in a hour, infected 3,45,289 (update list)
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 13,000
- Corona death surging to 19000
- Hantavirus: All you need to know
- Former Real president dies from coronavirus
- Coronarvirus infection climbed to .38 million globally (update list)
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- All govt-private institutions closed until April 4
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- Japan claims to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- One more dies of coronavirus in Bangladesh
- Coronavirus affected nurse kills herself ‘to protect others’
- Italy records 793 deaths in a day
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Shwapna Bhowmick developed 4 lakh PPE for doctors-nurses
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- Gopalganj road crashes kill 2 motorcyclists, injure 26
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 5 in country
- 3 doctors die of Corona in Philippines
- Coronavirus death toll rises to 17,451
- Nationwide shops declared shut till Mar 31
- Spain sees record 514 deaths in one day
- Remedy for coronavirus found!
- Now man dies from ‘hantavirus’ in China, 32 tested positive
- Sanitizers free of cost in Bangladesh!
- Italy reports 683 more coronavirus deaths
- India to go into full lockdown from midnight
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive