Speaker casts vote at Laldighee High School in Pirganj
Published: 11:22 AM, 30 December 2018 Updated: 11:22 AM, 30 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury cast her vote at Laldighee High School polling center in Pirganj upazila in the eleventh Jatiya Sangsad elections today.
The Speaker cast her vote at the polling center under Rangpur-6 (Pirganj) constituency around 8:19 in the morning.
After casting her vote, Dr Shirin told media that the polling is continuing peacefully in a congenial and festive atmosphere and free, fair and transparent manner.
“A huge number of people are exercising their franchise by casting vote,” she said and expressed satisfaction over the peaceful environment prevailing in different polling centers in the constituency.
The Speaker also hoped that the Awami League (AL)-led grand alliance will come out as the winner with the people’s mandate in the eleventh parliamentary election to form the government under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Senior Vice-president of district AL Chhayadat Hossain Bakul, Acting President of Pirganj upazila AL Azizur Rahman Ranga, its General Secretary and Pirganj municipal mayor Tazimul Islam Shamim, President of Pirganj upazila Mohila AL Johra Begum, former Pirganj upazila AL President Rawshan Ara Wahed, AL leader and industrialist Sayed Reza Shanto, Jubo League leader and General Secretary of Pirganj Press Club Mazharul Islam Milon, among others, were present.
Later, the Speaker went to different polling centers of her constituency and expressed satisfaction over the huge enthusiasm and presence of a huge number of male and female voters in every polling center.
A total of two lakh 92 thousand and 994 voters, including one lakh 45 thousand and 326 males and one lakh 47 thousand and 668 females are expected to cast their votes at 107 polling centers in Rangpur-6 constituency this time.
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- Green coconut: a little relief in heat-web
- Plastic product manufacturers for VAT withdrawal
- 6.46 lakh people live in Dhaka slums: Minister in JS
- Kuldeep’s double strike derails Pakistan’s chase
- India posted 336 against Pakistan
- `JP will loud for rights`
- India assures of cooperation to resolve rohingya crisis and Teesta deal
- Countrywide Vitamin ‘A’ plus campaign June 22
- JS sitting adjourned till 3 pm tomorrow
- Areas where gas supply shut on Monday
- 136 official promoted as Joint Secretary
- FSA chair exempted from contempt charge
- `Swajan` service to prisoners
- SC cancels Hallmark chairman’s bail
- Over 40% of newly elected Indian lawmakers facing charges
- Huge crowds march call for city leader to step down
- Have you ever said to father? `Love you`
- Heatwave kills 40 in Bihar in a day
- Journos’ 9th wage-board declaration soon
- Temperature may rise by (1-2)° C
- Pakistan bowl against arch-rivals India
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Momen urges to expedite Teesta deal
- Jail prisoners get high-quality food in breakfast
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight with BGB
- Driver-helper killed as truck overturns
- Saudi Arabia blames Iran for tanker attacks
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Health checkup for Hajj pilgrims begins on June 16
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- Holy Eid al-Adha on Aug 12!
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- BJP-TMC clash killed 4 killed in India`s West Bengal
- Class XI admission results published
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- JS budget session begins today
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- England wins beating Windies
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- Che Guevara’s 91st birth anniv today
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’