Speaker casts vote at Laldighee High School in Pirganj
Published: 11:22 AM, 30 December 2018 Updated: 11:22 AM, 30 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Jatiya Sangsad Speaker Dr Shirin Sharmin Chaudhury cast her vote at Laldighee High School polling center in Pirganj upazila in the eleventh Jatiya Sangsad elections today.
The Speaker cast her vote at the polling center under Rangpur-6 (Pirganj) constituency around 8:19 in the morning.
After casting her vote, Dr Shirin told media that the polling is continuing peacefully in a congenial and festive atmosphere and free, fair and transparent manner.
“A huge number of people are exercising their franchise by casting vote,” she said and expressed satisfaction over the peaceful environment prevailing in different polling centers in the constituency.
The Speaker also hoped that the Awami League (AL)-led grand alliance will come out as the winner with the people’s mandate in the eleventh parliamentary election to form the government under the leadership of Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina.
Senior Vice-president of district AL Chhayadat Hossain Bakul, Acting President of Pirganj upazila AL Azizur Rahman Ranga, its General Secretary and Pirganj municipal mayor Tazimul Islam Shamim, President of Pirganj upazila Mohila AL Johra Begum, former Pirganj upazila AL President Rawshan Ara Wahed, AL leader and industrialist Sayed Reza Shanto, Jubo League leader and General Secretary of Pirganj Press Club Mazharul Islam Milon, among others, were present.
Later, the Speaker went to different polling centers of her constituency and expressed satisfaction over the huge enthusiasm and presence of a huge number of male and female voters in every polling center.
A total of two lakh 92 thousand and 994 voters, including one lakh 45 thousand and 326 males and one lakh 47 thousand and 668 females are expected to cast their votes at 107 polling centers in Rangpur-6 constituency this time.
- AL, CPC ink MoU on boosting coop
- Comm formed to probe Ducsu polls irregularities
- Singer Putul got married
- Bangladesh to play Bahrain on Friday
- Authorities failed to ensure traffic discipline: Asaduzzaman Mia
- Quader is improving, to be moved to cabin next week: Physician
- Lalan Festival to end Friday
- 3 students among 6 killed in road crashes
- Probe comm visits Bagaichhari killing spot
- Williamson receives Sir Richard Hadlee Medal
- Tk 40.18 cr incentive for Aush farming
- BNP to be extinct party for wrong politics: Tofail
- 33rd Infantry Div clinches Army Hockey title
- Shakib gets NOC for IPL
- ‘ICT in traffic mgt may reduce jam’
- Five mosques attacked with sledgehammers in Birmingham
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in Netrakona
- OIC invites UN, EU, OSCE to Istanbul meeting on Islamophobia
- Study links severe gum disease to raised dementia risk
- Holey Artisan case`s hearing adjourned till Mar 27
- BGMEA polls in April
- Brave and smart cricket will win World Cup: Buttler
- Sane `lucky` after `vicious foul` in draw
- NZ imam preparing for emotional Friday prayer
- PM for no development affecting people
- May in Brussels to urge short Brexit delay
- Miraz to tie knot today, Fizz tomorrow
- Real Madrid a dream club: Pogba
- Road crash kills madrasa teacher in Kallyanpur
- Final Supermoon of year occurs as asteroid zips close by
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Hidden meaning of writing on the rifle..
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Man’s mobile phone protects him from ‘arrow attack’
- PM invites newly elected Ducsu leaders
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- VP Noor urges Rokeya’s Provost to resign
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- NZ mosque attack leaves 27 dead, Tigers scattered
- Tigers left New Zealand
- PM visits Tangail to distribute RP Saha Gold Medal