South Zone in command as Farhad hits ton
Published: 09:08 PM, 23 February 2020
Farhad Reza hit a fluent century as South Zone established their full command over the Islami Bank East Zone on the day two of the Bangladesh Cricket League (BCL) final at the Zahur Ahmed Chowdhury Stadium in Chattogram on Sunday.
Thanks to Farhad, 103 not out, South Zone put up 486 in its first innings before being dismissed. Their bowlers then reduced East Zone to 110-3 before the bails were drawn for day two.
Resuming the day on 306-6, overnight unbeaten batsman Farhad Reza and Shamsur Rahman Shuvo kept the side unscathed throughout the whole morning session to keep East Zone at bay.
Saqlain Sajib gave the side a huge relief, dismissing Shamsur for 79, bringing an end to the 94-run partnership between him and Farhad.
However, just it looked East Zone would regroup to take the command, Farhad dashed their hopes as he astutely guided the lower order to further frustrate them.
He was ably supported by Shafiul Islam who was removed on 30. But Farhad completed his century and remained not out on 103 off 168, smashing 10 fours and five sixes. His century was key in taking South closer to 500-run mark.
Ruyel Mea, Saqlain Sajib and Ashraful picked up two wickets apiece for East Zone.
Pinak Ghosh and Ashraful made a strong reply for East Zone with their solid presence in the crease. South Zone skipper Abdur Razzak dealt a double, getting the better of Ashraful (28) and Pinak (38) in consecutive overs to derail East Zone. Shafiul Islam then rattled the stump of Imrul Kayes for 22 to establish South Zone’s full control over the East Zone.
At the end of the day two, Mahmudul Hasan was batting on 21 with Afif Hossai, who is yet to score. Razzak ended the day with 2-34 while Shaiful
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 87,000
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 87,000
- Lockdown imposed in Khulna
- Infected physician sent to Dhaka from Sylhet
- 3 more infected with coronavirus in Chattogram
- Dengue claims 254 Indonesian lives amid coronavirus
- PM’s gift distributed among 1150 auto-rickshaw drivers
- Six reasons to why men prefer living alone
- Jamalpur under complete lockdown
- Another infected with coronavirus in Jamalpur
- Red flags on 20 houses in Chandpur
- All Rohingya camps ‘lockdown’
- Erdogan tweeted greeting for Shab-e-Barat
- 15-member medical team arriving from China
- 7 samples collected for coronavirus test in Kazipur
- Narsingdi set to lockdown from tomorrow
- 29 fined for violating ‘stay home’ rules in capital
- Agrani Bank officer infected; principal branch locked down
- Youth held for spreading rumors over coronavirus on Facebook
- Over 3 lakh people recovered from coronavirus
- Kopotakkho entering locality by breaching embankment
- Stokes becomes Wisden leading cricketer of the year
- Uthappa eyeing India WC team comeback
- COVID-19 patient escapes from Dhaka now at Rajbari isolation
- ‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
- Chhatak Youth missing on his way to Turkey
- Popular singer John Prine dies from coronavirus
- Now Cox’s Bazar lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll surpasses 83,000
- 34 samples collected for corona test from Bogura
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Bachchu’s “Shei Tumi” storms in online in India