Soumya`s 208* help Abahani to clinch DPL title
Published: 05:10 PM, 23 April 2019 Updated: 06:22 PM, 23 April 2019
Abahani Limited lifted their 20th Dhaka Premier League title following a 9-wicket win against Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club in the Super League's last round, retaining their status as the most successful domestic cricket team in Bangladesh. In front of a raucous crowd at the BKSP-3 ground, Left-hand opener Soumya Sarkar's double ton and Jahurul Islam's century help Abahani to chase down 317 for 1, keeping 17 balls in hand.
Soumya became the first Bangladesh batsman to score a double-century in a List A game. The Left-hand opener scored 208 off 153 with 14 fours and 16 sixes and Jahirul Islam made 100 off 128 with 7 four and 3 sixes. Jahirul went out when Abahni needed just 6 runs. Soumya struck 6 in the first ball of 47th over.
Earlier, Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club won the toss and elected to bat first and post 317/9 in 50 overs. Tanbir Hayder made 132 off 115, Elias Sunny and Mehrab Hossain scored 45 and 44 respectively.
Mashrafe Mortaza bagged 4 wickets for 56 runs. While Mohammad Saifuddin, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Mosaddek Hossain and Soumya Sarkar bagged one wicket each.
In another match, Legends of Rupganj won by 88 runs over Prime Bank Cricket Club in Dhaka. Batting first, Rupganj post 327/4 but Prime Bank Cricket Club all out for 239 in 42.1 over.
Although Legends of Rupganj and Abahani's point are same 26, Abahani Limited are ahead in net run rate that's why they secure the title.
- Mother split child`s throat
- Public exam pass marks 40, no GPA 5
- Gayle falls for duck!
- Tigers won toss, bowl first
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem sent to jail
- Innovation of artificial lungs by Mou-Akhi-Bipasha
- Rangpur city polluted than Dhaka, Cumilla in safe zone
- UN to adopt tougher policy against Myanmar
- No gas supply to Kawla, Zia Colony for 9hrs today
- Heat weave may continue
- Moazzem produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal
- World population to increase 2 bn by 2050: UN report
- Kohli breaks Sachin Tendulkar’s record
- 18 killed, 29 injured in Venezuela road crash
- OC Moazzem handed over to Feni police
- Moazzem to be produced before Cyber Crime Tribunal today
- Ijtema photo wins National Geographic prize
- Shahid says fight with Mira can last 15 days
- Tigers take on WI a must-win WC match
- 5th phase polls in 23 UZs tomorrow
- Bangladesh to face West Indies today
- Most-detailed-ever; black hole mystery disclosure
- Duas for thanking Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta`ala
- Green coconut: a little relief in heat-web
- Plastic product manufacturers for VAT withdrawal
- 6.46 lakh people live in Dhaka slums: Minister in JS
- Kuldeep’s double strike derails Pakistan’s chase
- India posted 336 against Pakistan
- `JP will loud for rights`
- India assures of cooperation to resolve rohingya crisis and Teesta deal
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Building wall collapses after explosion in Shanir Akhra, kills 1
- Yuvraj Singh retires from all forms of cricket
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- Class XI admission results published
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- JS budget session begins today
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held