Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
Published: 06:36 PM, 22 August 2019
Soroj Mehedi, a university teacher and researcher, has been elected the chief coordinator of Bangladesh chapter to the 6th World Conference on Media and Mass Communication (MEDCOM-2020).
The information provided in a press release issued by the Managing Director of the International Institute of Knowledge Management (TIIKM), Isanka P Gamage. The conference is scheduled to be held at the University of Cagliari of Sardinia, Italy on May 28 to 30, 2020.
A good number of media and communication experts from different parts of the world including the United States, United Kingdom, China, France, Germany, and the others are supposed to join the conference.
Mehedi was elected the chief coordinator of Bangladesh chapter to the 5th World Conference on Media and Mass Communication (MEDCOM-2019), which was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia last April.
Mehedi will perform all the tasks related to TIIKM and MEDCOM-2019 in Bangladesh. Anyone willing to participate from Bangladesh can contact him and join the conference with a special waiver. Besides, the aspiring candidates, recommended by the co-coordinator, having good potential may get a full scholarship facility.
Soroj Mehedi is a university teacher, researcher, media analyst, and organizer. Apart from working as a Turkish language teacher of the Modern Language Institute of Dhaka University (DU), working as an adjunct faculty in Media and Communication department at Independent University Bangladesh (IUB), and at the Center for Modern Languages of Bangladesh University of Professionals (BUP). He has been working as a Faculty of the Department of Language, Communication & Culture of Gano University also.
Soroj Mehedi started his career in journalism as Jagannath University Correspondent of Daily Ittefaq in 2010 and his professional Journalism career lasting for almost five years. He went to Turkey in 2014 with the Turkish government’s scholarship while working as a staff Reporter in the National Daily Jugantar published from Dhaka.
Mehedi — who completed bachelor from Jagannath University — became first and received first-class in ‘Masters Research Program in Basic Journalism’ from Istanbul University in 2018. Then he returned country and started teaching.
While staying in Turkey — with European Union funding in 2016 — he completed a credit program on 'European Studies' from Pannonia University of Hungary. In 2017, he did another credit program on ‘European Studies’ from Turkey’s Kadir Has University, which was also funded by the EU.
Mr. Mehedi has one journal and four other Conference publications. He joined some international programs with scholarship in different countries like Germany (2017), Belgium (2017), Hungary (2016), Austria (2016) Turkey (2014-2018), Ukraine (2017), Malaysia (2018), India (2018), etc., and visited some other. He has a huge number of audiences as a young writer in Bangladesh.
Being an academician Mehedi is involved with various social and Cultural actives nationally and internationally alongside. Currently, he has been working as a director of (Media & Communication) Safara Infotech and Youth Hub.
While asking about his feelings, the young academician said it’s a great opportunity to learn from the world best communication experts. “I feel proud to represent my nation In front of them,” he added.
- Tohura star as Bangladesh draw 2-2 with Australia
- ‘Alpha’ to represent Bangladesh in Oscar
- VC Nasir’s one-day tea bill Tk 40,000!
- Fishers’ pleasure of repay dues
- Nusrat murder accused Moni gave birth in prison
- Bangladesh take on Yemen in AFC U-16 Championship tomorrow
- Milan Fashion: J-Lo struts updated jungle dress at Versace
- Dananjaya suspended for illegal action
- Simeone - `I`m not interested` in Griezmann reports
- Housewife dies of dengue in Barishal
- £6bn UK aid for Bangladesh, other climate victim countries
- KCC to get modern slaughterhouse soon
- Pea-flour to prevent dandruff-hair fall
- Huge asteroid narrowly missed Earth; NASA reveals
- Two cases filed against Firoz
- Anti-Sisi protests break out in Egypt
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Millions march against climate change
- US to send troops, equipment to Saudi Arabia
- BSMRSTU closed over student unrest
- Heat wave may abate from some places
- Zuckerberg nixes Trump’s idea of breaking up Facebook
- Madrasa student goes missing at tourist spot
- Ranu had several lovers, director leaked
- PM reaches Abu Dhabi
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- 448 settlers stormed Al-Aqsa Mosque last week
- Tigers face Afghans this evening
- 113 UK MPs criticized Israeli apartheid policy
- Bus hits standing truck, kills 4 including SI
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Rain-floods claimed 5 lives in Spain