Sonali, Rupali, Janata Banks` recruitment exam halts
Published: 07:03 PM, 7 January 2018 Updated: 11:05 AM, 8 January 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
The High Court today halted the recruitment test for senior officers, officers and cash officers of three state-woned Sonali, Rupali and Janata Bank scheduled to be held on January 12.
In response to a writ petition, the court also postponed the process for recruitment to these posts on the basis of circulars issued by Bangladesh Bank in 2017.
It also issued a rule asking the respondents to explain why they should not be directed to hold examinations for the recruitments on the basis of the circulars issued in 2016 before holding the examinations for the recruitments on the basis of the circulars issued in 2017.
The bench of Justice Moyeenul Islam Chowdhury and Justice JBM Hassan came up with the order and rule after hearing a writ petition filed by 28 candidates who had applied for the recruitments on the basis of the circulars in 2016.
Advocate Rashedul Haque Khokon and Advocate Tanzim Al Islam appeared for the writ petitioners.
Citing from the writ petition, Advocate Tanzim said that Bangladesh Bank had issued three separate circulars in 2016 for recruiting senior officers, officers and cash officers to three state-run banks -- Sonali Bank, Rupali Bank and Janata Bank.
Without holding the recruitment examinations on the basis of the 2016 circular, the central bank issued a combined circular on December 26 last year for recruitments to these posts of eight state-run banks including Sonali Bank, Rupali Bank and Janata Bank, which is illegal, he said, adding that his clients have not applied for the posts on the basis of 2017 circular.
Finance secretary, governor of Bangladesh Bank and chairman and secretary of Bank Recruitment Selection Committee have been made respondents to the rule.
The exam was scheduled to be held to recruit employees for 527 posts in Sonali Bank Limited, 161 in Janata Bank Limited, 283 in Rupali Bank Limited, 39 in Bangladesh Development Bank Limited, 351 in Bangladesh Krishi Bank, 231 in Rajshahi Krishi Unnayan Bank, 70 in Investment Corporation of Bangladesh (ICB) and one post in Bangladesh House Building Finance Corporation, according to the release.
- Motorcyclist killed in Sylhet road crash
- College student dies of dengue in Shariatpur
- Griezmann hits two to seal Barca`s first La Liga win
- Floods kill 62 in Sudan
- Today’s sports on TV
- Mexican journalist stabbed to death
- Do aliens really exist?
- Sub-Editor to be recruited in Daily Bangladesh
- Stokes 135* leads England to epic test win
- Watling, Grandhomme put NZ ahead in 2nd Test
- Miraz rates Bangladesh ahead of Afghanistan Test
- Faridpur road crash kills cyclist
- Hilsa abound in sea, very few in rivers
- Man jailed for honey!
- Purnima demands excess payment
- `If Bangabandhu`s killers brought under trial, Zia won`t killed`
- Bermuda Triangle: Mystery Museum on earth
- Prof Muzaffar laid to rest with state honor
- Two die as bus hits van in Madaripur
- Truck ramps private car, driver killed
- Bangladesh U-15 outclasses Sri Lanka in 7-1 win
- Ex-Eden College principal murder: Charge sheet accepted
- Wari girl Saima rape, murder: Probe report Sept 16
- Don’t go abroad being deceived by broker: PM
- Yield, market price brings smile on jute growers
- Rain likely across country
- HC orders to remove word ‘Kumari’ from Kabinnama
- Trump confident on Brexit talks
- NASA to prob ‘first crime’ in space
- Messi to miss Barcelona`s game at Real Betis
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- Amazon: lungs of the planet
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Aghoris: The ‘Black Magicians’!
- Razia Sultana: First lady ruler in India
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- PEC exam schedule published
- Kamrup Kamakhya: Mystery of India
- New journey of Ranu Pagli !
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Rayudu promises IPL return for CSK
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- A new milestone for Purnima
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- ‘DC Ahmed Kabir will be received exemplary punishment’
- Daily ‘polypill’ reduces heart disease, stroke: study
- 21st August: 15 yrs of bloody chapter
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- Srijit a very good friend of mine: Mithila
- Elnaaz Norouzi: Iranian actress storms over social media
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- I am half Sindhi, half Peshawar: Sonam Kapoor
- No bar to publish 9th wage board gazette