Solvency producing apple plum
Published: 01:55 PM, 4 March 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Commercial firming of various types of apple plum including Kashmiri, Bou Sonduri and Ball Sonduri, in Chowgacha upazila under Jashore district is getting popularity due to its high production as well as the handsome earnings.
Sources said that, a local firmer named Mosharrof Hossein of Tengurpur village of the upzila has cultivated various types of apple plum on three bighas of land this year. Already he has started selling this fruit too. “If there is no natural calamity, I will sell plum worth up to tk500000, this season,” Mosharrof Hossein said.
It’s learnt that, from Rajshahi, Mosharrof Hossein came to Chowgacha about a decade ago. He is affluent now by cultivating various types of fruits, although he has no land out of living space.
Mosharrof Hossein said that, he takes lease lands from other people and cultivate different varieties of fruits and sold them in the local market. It makes him financially stable.
He also informed that he has cultivated guava in 5 bighas of land this year besides plum. He and his wife were seen busy with picking plum in the garden.
Mosharrof Hossein said that he planted plum in his land about nine months ago while plum buds started to blossom only after six months. The fruits are now matured to pick, so he is busy to collect them. After the collection, plum will be kept in transportable cartons safely. Later will be sent to Dhaka. Besides, those apple plums are being sold in the local market at Tk60-80 per kg.
Mosharrof Hossein has cultivated various species of apple plum including Bou Sundori, Kashmiri apple plum, Ball Sundori, Narikel, and Deshi apple plum on three bighas of land. He implanted 275 plants in each bigha land. A total of 825plum trees he had planted this year. So far he has sold plum worth 1lakh and 50 thousand this season.
Regarding this issue, Dr. Babul Akter said, “Plum is a fruit very useful for human body. So every person requires to eat this seasonal fruit. Vitamin-C, Vitamin-C, calcium, potassium, magnesium and many other things are available in plum. Due to the prevention of disease, it also increases the immunity of the body. However, it is not beneficial for diabetic patients. Plum’s ingredients give energy to the body, it could remove the fatigue faster.
Chowgacha Upazila Agriculture Officer Rouch Uddin said, Farmer Mosharrof Hossein cultivated Kashmiri apple plum and any other varieties. Upazila Agriculture Office has been working with him overall. If the favorable weather conditions remain, the plum farmers will be benefitted.
- S Korea`s young men are fighting against feminism
- Hong Kong protesters trash subway station, stage mall rally
- 19 arrested from 3 Spa centers at Gulshan-1
- Nasima Begum appointed NHRC Chairman
- Houthi rebels in Yemen say they will stop attacks on Saudi Arabia
- 5 JMB men sentenced 12 yrs jail for Khilkhet bomb attack
- 16 years friendship or something!
- U-19 cricket team leaves for NZ Monday
- Couple becomes millionaire by cheating
- Live crocodile in pond!
- Twin Town: An unsolved mystery of India
- Daughter demands info on Mehbooba Mufti’s arrest
- Huge Typhoon Tapah threatens Japan, South Korea
- Bangabandhu Gold Cup Football held in Gaibandha
- India opt to bat in 3rd T20
- Stem cells to repair brain
- Stay out of Gulf; Iran warns
- Alia Bhatt to play lead in Sanjay Leela Bhansali`s Gangubai!
- Gaur Nagar: The capital of early Bengal
- Casino gadgets recovered from 4 clubs in Motijheel
- Online products sellers to pay VAT: NBR
- College student killed for ransom
- ACC: Govt officials held in Dinajpur
- BUP Film Fest-2019 begins Monday
- Rashid Khan uncertain for tri-series final
- JU `A` unit admission tests held
- How can you make your feet pretty?
- Bandit jumps into river gripping woman
- Charge sheet against Minni fabricated: Lawyer
- Foreign liquor recovered in Padma!
- All News »
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Lalbagh Fort: Secret Tunnels and historical mysteries
- Chikon Kala: Jungle of insatiable demons
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Shakib Khan’s talk on Salman Shah’s birthday celebration
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Puja Cherry got married!
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean
- Lukla: World`s most dangerous airport
- Srabanti in Gym, then what happen?
- US plan to explode moon with NUC bombing