Solvency producing apple plum
Published: 01:55 PM, 4 March 2019
Photo: Daily Bangladesh
Commercial firming of various types of apple plum including Kashmiri, Bou Sonduri and Ball Sonduri, in Chowgacha upazila under Jashore district is getting popularity due to its high production as well as the handsome earnings.
Sources said that, a local firmer named Mosharrof Hossein of Tengurpur village of the upzila has cultivated various types of apple plum on three bighas of land this year. Already he has started selling this fruit too. “If there is no natural calamity, I will sell plum worth up to tk500000, this season,” Mosharrof Hossein said.
It’s learnt that, from Rajshahi, Mosharrof Hossein came to Chowgacha about a decade ago. He is affluent now by cultivating various types of fruits, although he has no land out of living space.
Mosharrof Hossein said that, he takes lease lands from other people and cultivate different varieties of fruits and sold them in the local market. It makes him financially stable.
He also informed that he has cultivated guava in 5 bighas of land this year besides plum. He and his wife were seen busy with picking plum in the garden.
Mosharrof Hossein said that he planted plum in his land about nine months ago while plum buds started to blossom only after six months. The fruits are now matured to pick, so he is busy to collect them. After the collection, plum will be kept in transportable cartons safely. Later will be sent to Dhaka. Besides, those apple plums are being sold in the local market at Tk60-80 per kg.
Mosharrof Hossein has cultivated various species of apple plum including Bou Sundori, Kashmiri apple plum, Ball Sundori, Narikel, and Deshi apple plum on three bighas of land. He implanted 275 plants in each bigha land. A total of 825plum trees he had planted this year. So far he has sold plum worth 1lakh and 50 thousand this season.
Regarding this issue, Dr. Babul Akter said, “Plum is a fruit very useful for human body. So every person requires to eat this seasonal fruit. Vitamin-C, Vitamin-C, calcium, potassium, magnesium and many other things are available in plum. Due to the prevention of disease, it also increases the immunity of the body. However, it is not beneficial for diabetic patients. Plum’s ingredients give energy to the body, it could remove the fatigue faster.
Chowgacha Upazila Agriculture Officer Rouch Uddin said, Farmer Mosharrof Hossein cultivated Kashmiri apple plum and any other varieties. Upazila Agriculture Office has been working with him overall. If the favorable weather conditions remain, the plum farmers will be benefitted.
- Now woman killed in Teknaf gunfight
- Police want 10-day remand of Minni
- Road link with Bandarban restores after 8-day
- 100 pc pass in 907 inst
- Temperature may rise over country
- Army ready to tackle flood: Army Chief
- PM flags off ‘Benapole Express’
- No students passed in 41 colleges
- US bans Myanmar army chief over Rohingya ‘ethnic cleansing’
- Death toll climbs to 5 after quake in eastern Indonesia
- Quader’s follow-up checkup after surgery completed
- This years’ results good, acceptable: PM
- HSC pass rate increases 7.9 pc
- Worker died as fell down from Rooppur Project’s const building
- How to get HSC result
- 8 boards attain 71.85 pc pass rate
- Technical Board attains 82.62pc pass rate
- Madrasah Board attains 88.56pc pass rate
- 47,286 gets GPA-5
- Pass rate 73.93 pc
- HSC results handed over to PM
- PM to inaugurate ‘Benapole Express’ today
- 2 drug traders killed in gunfight with BGB
- HSC exam results today
- Rowshan thanks countrymen for showing respect to Ershad
- Man gets life term for raping teenager in Kurigram
- 10 dead, many trapped in Mumbai building collapse
- Why Patience is a Virtue?
- Mobile healthcare for flood victims
- Why railway crossing ‘death trap’?
- All News »
- No more sight this life: Bidisha
- ‘Lady Killer’ Tisha to fight against formalin in food
- New Zealand knock India out of World Cup
- 24 killed in Papua New Guinea tribal massacres
- Happy Birthday Purnima
- Bride, bridegroom among 10 killed as train hits microbus
- HM Ershad passes away
- Two siblings drown in Shariatpur pond
- ‘Cox’s Bazar losing ecological balance for Rohingyas’
- NZ to face England in 12th ICC World Cup final
- HSC exam results tomorrow
- Merkel says `very well` despite third shaking spell
- Queen Maxima and banking for the grassroots!
- Ishana announced to leave media after getting married
- Rifat murder: Minni at Police Line for questioning
- Ershad’s offspring: who & where
- England win Cricket WC after Super Over drama
- Six bodies found in Cox’s Bazar beach
- UN to pay Bangladesh Tk 500 cr due
- Ershad’s first namaz-e-janaza held
- BPSC announces dates for 38th BCS viva
- Rifat murder: Another one detained
- Rail link with Rajshahi snapped
- 5 things must need for securing modern network
- 3 kids drown in flood water, 1 missing
- Barcelona sign Atletico Madrid forward Griezmann
- DU admission test in new method
- Ershad’s 1st janaza at army central mosque
- Mango-laden truck falls into ditch, kills 2
- Flood situation worsened in Lalmonirhat