Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
Published: 04:08 PM, 5 April 2020 Updated: 06:50 PM, 5 April 2020
The government has shut down public transport all over the country, as a result, only the vehicles of army and law enforcement personnel are seen on the road. In such a situation, the army decided not to use its own vehicles to deliver emergency medical equipment to the members of the army serving in different parts of the country.
The High Command of the Bangladesh Army is fully utilizing its Army Aviation Group with the highest importance to the limited traffic movement. Avoiding the byroad communication, Aviation Group’s helicopters and CASA aircraft are being used to deliver the necessary medical equipment to each district's army teams.
In this case, Army Aviation Group is delivering various medical equipments, including masks, hand sanitizers, to the soldiers in their respective areas. Army personnel, who put their lives on the field level, are using these masks, hand-sanitizers to protect themselves, as well as distributing these to the general public.
The matter of medical assistance has also been kept in mind; in the meantime, the army members are providing free medical care including the distribution of medicine among the ordinary people in different areas including Savar, Cumilla, and Jashore.
Generally during peacetime, Army Aviation provides training for military aviation pilots, participates in various exercises and trials, carries patients for emergency treatment, transport necessary military equipment; counter-terrorism in the Chattogram Hill Tracts and provides emergency assistance in administrative activities.
The Army Aviation Group, which operates from Tejgaon’s old airport area since 1978, has been able to carry out other important wartime duties including ammunition control, emergency reinforcement assistance, commando operation assistance, emergency logistics and patient transfers from the battlefield.
Army Aviation Group’s aircraft includes the Cessna 152 Aerobat, Cessna Grand Caravan CE-208B aircraft, the Bell-206L4 helicopter, the Eurocopter AS365 Dauphin N3+, MI-171SH Helicopter, CASA C-295W aircraft, 4 Diamond DA40 NG training aircraft.
Meanwhile, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has taken precautionary measures to prevent the spread of the coronavirus. Bangladesh Army has been working relentlessly to facilitate social distance, home quarantine and take precautionary measures in the district cities for about 12 days.
Bangladesh Army Chief General Aziz Ahmed is monitoring the overall operation of the army across the country. He is also giving necessary guidance to the responsible on how to strengthen the activities by helping the district administration. The daily activities are also delivered to the Prime Minister.
It is worth to mention that, 546 teams of army personnel are conducting patrols, medical services, and various awareness programs by miking in 62 districts across the country. Without setting up a camp in the district or divisional city, the army members are working day and night running from the cantonment of each area.
- Global coronavirus death toll surpasses 393,000
- Fire at Gazi Bhaban in the capital doused
- Govt is working hard to keep people safe: PM
- Arctic oil spill prompts Russia`s Putin to declare emergency
- Multi-storey building at Lalbagh catches fire
- Killing of pregnant elephant triggered mass outrage in India
- Transport leaders, workers agreed to stop extortion
- Pakistan’s furious warning to arch-rival India
- Teen-girl Adury changed to male naturally
- Interpol’s help will be sought to nab fugitives in abroad
- Grameenphone CEO meets BSEC Chairman
- Shoaib Akhtar accused of cybercrime
- Section 144 imposed in Sangsad Bhaban area
- 60 more contract COVID-19 in Gazipur
- Lightning kills 7 in 5 districts
- 6.5 magnitude earthquake jolts Indonesia
- A physician and two more die of COVID-19 in Chattogram
- Law Minister not infected by COVID-19: ministry
- Government staff getting treatment of COVID-19 at SKH
- Farin writing stories in lockdown time
- Maradona extends contract with Gimnasia
- Bus crash shatters a father’s dream
- Cumilla records 105 new COVID-19 cases including doctors
- Another Bangladeshi dies from coronavirus in Saudi
- Another police constable dies of COVID-19
- Facebook IDs involved in racism spread will be closed
- Writ challenging public transport fare-hike removed from agenda
- Biman offers charter flight at Tk3 lakh
- NSTU’s teacher Dr. Firoz Ahmed, wife contracted COVID-19
- Veteran Indian film director Basu Chatterjee dies
- All News »
- Noble made his wife Salsabil a model in music video
- 4 cops charged for killing a black man in US
- Killing of 26 Bangladeshis in Libya: Main culprit killed in drone strike
- 23 die, highest infection recorded in last 24 hrs
- Record deaths, infections in 24 hours
- Record new cases in 24 hours, 37 dead
- Anandabazar editor Anirban Chattopadhyay resigns
- Brazil’s COVID-19 deaths surge past Spain
- Over 2000 infected in 24hrs, 22 dead
- Electronic mask developed to prevent coronavirus!
- 1,256 more freedom fighters listed
- Slain 26 Bangladeshis to be buried in Libya
- 1764 infected in 24 hours, 28 dead
- Music director Wajid Khan dies
- SSC-equivalent results published, pass 82.87 pc
- Former national footballer Salauddin passes away
- Brutal murder story of Junko, who raped about 500 times in 44 day
- Chhatra League buries BNP leader
- BGMEA’s PCR lab for COVID-19 test opened
- A thrilling operation by Police: 6 youths rescued from Sundarbans
- 26 Bangladeshis shot dead in Libya
- Chinese COVID-19 fighters due June 8
- COVID-19 death toll in country surpasses 600
- Over 2500 infected in 24 hours, 37 die
- Mahathir expelled from party
- Trump announces US to sever all ties with WHO
- Happy birthday ‘Legendary Actor’ Humayun Faridi
- Over 125,000 cases reported globally in a day
- SSC result today: How to pre-register
- BRTA recommends to hike 80pc bus fare