Sixth Bengal classical music fest opens
Published: 03:59 PM, 26 December 2017 Updated: 09:25 PM, 3 January 2018
The sixth edition of the Bengal Classical Music Festival, the biggest classical music festival in the world, will be beginning from Tuesday evening at the Abahani grounds in the capital`s Dhanmondi.
This is the first time the festival is being held at a new venue. The last five editions, the festival were held at the Army Stadium. This year`s festival is dedicated to eminent litterateur Professor Emeritus Dr. Anisuzzaman.
Like in previous years, the programme will begin at 7pm everyday and continue till dawn, as usual and feature the most prominent Eastern classical musicians in the world.
At the opening ceremony, Finance Minister AMA Muhith will inaugurate the festival. Cultural affairs minister Asaduzzaman Noor will be present as a special guest. Indian High Commissioner to Bangladesh Harshvardhan Shringla, Barrister Fazle Nur Taposh, Abahani Limited Chairman Salman F Rahman and Square Group Chairman Anjan Chowdhury will also be present.
The festival will open with a joint performance by Dr. L Subramaniam`s Carnatic (South Indian classical) violin with the Astana Philharmonic Orchestra`s western classical music.
The five night-long bonanza will see legends of Indian classical music perform, including Pandit Jasraj, Pt. Hariprasad Chaurasia, Pt. Shiv Kumar Sharma, Dr. L Subramaniam, Pt. Ajoy Chakraborty, Ustad Rashid Khan and Vidyan Vikku Vinayakram, among many others performing a wide array of music and dance. Bangladeshi artistes including Firoz Khan, Gazi Abdul Hakim, students of Bengal Parampara Sangeetalay and Government Music College will also perform on the same stage.
- All you need to know about Islamic New Year
- Lightning kills 9 in 4 districts
- `Action against who discourage Rohingya `
- August 15 and 21 are in same knot
- First successful Air-raid in history
- Kashmir: Bone of contention between India-Pakistan
- Israel detains 16 Palestinians in West Bank raids
- Golden fibre makes farmer smile
- Govt to recruit 61 thousand primary teacher
- 15 houses fined having Aedes larvae in city
- Mother’s fight to fulfill daughter’s wish
- 3-day ‘Tree Fair’ begins in Manirampur
- ‘Sonar Bangla should be established to pay homage to Bangabandhu’
- Soroj Mehedi becomes BD Chief executive to MEDCOM-2020
- Big profit in little invest
- PEC exam schedule published
- Commerce Minister sought Brazil’s help to rise export
- Soumitra Chatterjee discharged from hospital
- Israel seeks to beat PTSD with ‘ecstasy’ therapy
- Mechanized farming in Bishwanath
- Mosharraf Karim flew to Canada on birthday!
- Air-ticket on mobile app
- Rohingya refused to go back
- Hardware security keys for Two-Factor Authentication!
- 2,549 dengue patients return home after recovery in Khulna
- 3 mobile operators gave Tk 9k crore to google-Facebook
- PM urges to improve Biman’s passenger services
- Nurse murdered over ‘triangle extra-marital affair’
- Rangpur farmers happy with better jute price
- Bubly wants to work with another instead of Shakib
- All News »
- Visiting Largest Fish Aquarium of Bangladesh
- Truck driver rescues girl from rape on moving bus
- Yarsagumba: World’s most expensive medicinal fungus
- 7 killed as auto-rickshaw crashes into bus
- Momo stares in Hindi film!
- PM receives Modi’s invitation letter
- Sabbir invites PM to his wedding
- Bollywood hot cake Sunny Leone now in Dhallywood
- Kona disclosed her marriage 3 months later!
- Immortal sayings of Bangabandhu
- Army Chief off to Indonesia Sunday
- Fire breaks out at Mirpur slum
- Nayan`s last SMS to Minni
- App launches to prevent dengue
- Man United faces Wolverhampton tonight
- Hong Kong protesters march peacefully
- Medical admission test on Oct 4
- Apu Biswas comebacks
- 4 of a family killed in M’singh bus-car collision
- La Liga: Atletico Madrid faces Getafe tonight
- Jyoti’s new film in Kolkata
- Mirpur slum fire doused
- Champions League qualifying match tonight
- DU increases registration time for 52nd convocation
- Two Bangladeshis killed in Saudi road crash
- 9th wage board: Hearing on state appeal ends
- BCB seek clarity from Mashrafe Mortaza about ODI future
- Minni’s bail petition to HC again
- Pak-India war! 8 soldiers killed on LoC
- ‘National School Meal Act-2019’ draft approves