Singapore doctors suggest Mount Elizabeth for Quader
Published: 09:33 PM, 3 March 2019
Singaporean doctors have suggested to move Obaidul Quader to Mount Elizabeth Hospital, a senior leader of Awami League has said.
They came up with the recommendation after examining Quader and finding him improving a bit, said Lt Col (retd) Faruk Khan.
But decision has not yet been taken whether Quader will be taken to Singapore or not,” Awami League (AL) deputy office secretary Barrister Biplab Barua told reporters.
Previously, doctors at Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University (BSMMU), where Quader is being kept, said they would ascertain whether it would be safe to move the senior politician before accepting a referral to a hospital abroad.
The two Singaporean doctors flew Dhaka this evening around 7:40pm, said Group Captain Abdullah Al Farooq, director of Dhaka’s Hazrat Shahjalal International Airport.
Indian doctors are also supposed to arrive to determine the situation of Quader, ruling Awami League’s general secretary and road transport minister.
Obaidul Quader was admitted to the BSMMU Hospital as he had breathing problem after Fazr prayers today.
He has been diagnosed with three blockages in his coronary artery, according to the BSMMU physicians.
The minister was first taken to Intensive Care Unit (ICU) at 8.30 am and then shifted to the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) of BSMMU.
- Bangabandhu Book Corner for all primary schools
- Pension within 3-day of bill submission
- Man detained with large number yaba
- 9 hospitalized for drinking tea in Manikganj
- Govt decides to declare 2021 as Tourism Year
- Myanmar army plans trials for abuses on Rohingyas
- Farmer killed by cousin
- ‘Amar Bhaier Rokte Rangano’- sung by 17 countries’ students
- West Indies seal easy victory over Thailand
- Robber killed in Sylhet gunfight
- BD up 6 notches on global terrorism index
- Bangladesh ahead despite Ervine`s ton
- 4 killed as pickup van overturns in Tangail
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Thousands children pay floral tribute at wall-painted Shaheed Minar
- Thailand set 79 to win for West Indies
- Malaysian Human Resources Minister due in Dhaka today
- Natural ways to improve memory
- Youth killed in Manikganj road crash
- Thailand Women opt to bat
- Coronavirus: 35 infected identified in USA
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- Chance to control is narrowing; says WHO
- Jisshu in love with Kangana!
- Sean Williams becomes father of baby girl
- Woman’s body found in Banana orchard
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Corona masks first wedding kiss
- Businessman slaughtered in Netrokona, another missing
- SME products fair begins in Magura
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks
- Corona in Singapore: Another Bangladeshi identified
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- BUET avoids combined admission test