Show ‘strength and unity’: PM
Published: 08:00 PM, 22 April 2018
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina with leaders of Awami League from different countries across Europe on Sunday. Photo: PMO
The Prime Minister on Sunday directed the leaders of Awami League to maintain unity and gave necessary directives on further strengthening the organization.
The Prime Minister said this while addressing leaders of Awami League from different countries across Europe as they met her at her hotel suite in London.
After the meeting, Prime Minister’s Press Secretary Ihsanul Karim briefed reporters. He said various issues on strengthening the organizations were discussed during the meeting.
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina urged that the leaders of All European Awami League give a befitting reply to BNP-Jamaat’s propaganda abroad against Bangladesh and the government.
Seikh Hasina said BNP and Jamaat have huge money earned through corruption and they are carrying out a negative publicity against the government by capitalizing their illegal money.
She also said she had endured huge pain and sacrificed a lot only for the cause of the country and welfare of its people.
As a party of people, the Premier said Awami League has to move ahead by working hard through coordination among senior and junior leaders.
Recalling the huge contributions of the senior leaders in Europe after the brutal assassination of Bangabandhu in 1975, the Prime Minister said she still remembers their strong role during bad times of the party.
The Prime Minister also put emphasis on showing due respect to the senior leaders saying their experience and sacrifices would encourage juniors to go further ahead towards meeting aspirations of the people.
President of All European Awami League Anil Das Gupta led the delegation came from Austria, Belgium, Sweden, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy and France.
- Narsingdi set to lockdown from tomorrow
- 29 fined for violating ‘stay home’ rules in capital
- Agrani Bank officer infected; principal branch locked down
- Youth held for spreading rumors over coronavirus on Facebook
- Over 3 lakh people recovered from coronavirus
- Kopotakkho entering locality by breaching embankment
- Stokes becomes Wisden leading cricketer of the year
- Uthappa eyeing India WC team comeback
- COVID-19 patient escapes from Dhaka now at Rajbari isolation
- ‘Do not visit cemetery, shrines on Shab-e-Barat night’
- Chhatak Youth missing on his way to Turkey
- Popular singer John Prine dies from coronavirus
- Now Cox’s Bazar lockdown
- COVID-19 death toll surpasses 83,000
- 34 samples collected for corona test from Bogura
- British PM Boris Johnson remains stable in ICU
- 3 houses under lockdown in Cumilla
- Father-daughter killed in Jhenaidah road crash
- Nation ecstatic over arrest of Bangabandhu`s killer Majed: Tofail
- Coronavirus affected JnU student on recovery process
- US Navy Secretary Thomas Modly resigns
- Directors Guild stood by drama directors
- Workers killed as truck ditched in Sirajganj
- Farmer who died isolation ward tested negative for coronavirus
- 39 new suspects in Ctg. found negative for COVID-19
- ‘No legal bar to execute Majed’s death sentence’
- First coronavirus case confirmed in Araihazar
- Coronavirus existence not found in four samples of Narail
- One arrested with Yaba in Tangail
- Hotel owners jailed for disobeying ban order
- All News »
- Fishermen killed dolphin in Cox’s Bazar
- Coronavirus death toll passes 50,000
- Sylhet records 1st coronavirus case
- Army to go tough from today
- BTV bringing back Humayun Ahmed’s ‘Bohubrihi’ ‘Kothao Keu Nei’
- PM declares action plan to combat COVID-19 today
- Death toll passes 42,000 worldwide
- Bangabandhu’s killer Abdul Majed held
- 11 in Mirpur, 9 in Bashabo contract from coronavirus
- Fire at Karwan Bazar
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Soldiers get urgent medical equips from Army Aviation
- Indian-origin South African HIV researcher dies from coronavirus
- Wimbledon cancelled for first time since World War II
- Bashundhara, Wari lockdown
- 13-year-old dies of coronavirus in London
- Case filed for ‘Genda Phool’!
- Ban on public transport extended till April 11
- Coronavirus test in Rangpur Medical begins
- 5 more die from coronavirus, 41 fresh cases detected
- Why today’s Supermoon `pink`
- Prince Charles recovers from coronavirus
- Narsingdi house lockdown over coronavirus suspicion
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 56
- 4 more die from coronavirus, taking total to 13: Health Minister
- 33 coronavirus patients recovered
- 9 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 70
- Coronavirus death toll surpasses 63,000
- 29 more diagnosed with coronavirus, raising total to 117
- Philippines ambassador to Lebanon dies of coronavirus