Short Film Festival at DU Sunday
Published: 10:02 PM, 2 March 2019
An exhibition of short films titled “Projonmo Wave Outreach Filmy Kotha” is set to be held on Dhaka University (DU) campus Sunday.
“Dhaka University Cultural Society (DUCS), a DU students’ cultural organisation and “MCJ Film Club”, an organisation of the students of the Department of Mass Communication and Journalism of DU, are jointly organising the function.
The exhibition funded by US Embassy and Expressions Ltd will commence at 4 pm tomorrow (Sunday) at the Muzaffar Ahmed Chowdhury Auditorium in the Social Science Building on the campus, said a DUCS press release.
‘Chorabali’ directed by Badrul Anam Saud, ‘Ma Calling’ directed by Animesh Aich, “Gharer Vetor Ghar’ directed by Tanvir Ahsan and ‘Fera’ directed by Bashar George will be displayed in the programme.
The invited directors will talk about their work and answer the audience’s questions during the intervals of the exhibition.
DU Mass Communication and Journalism Department Chairperson Professor Dr Kaberi Gayen, film and communication expert Professor Dr Fahmidul Haq, theatre personality Tropa Majumdar, among others, will be present at the ceremony.
- ‘Amar Bhaier Rokte Rangano’- sung by 17 countries’ students
- West Indies seal easy victory over Thailand
- Robber killed in Sylhet gunfight
- BD up 6 notches on global terrorism index
- Bangladesh ahead despite Ervine`s ton
- 4 killed as pickup van overturns in Tangail
- Tk 200 bank notes, gold and silver coins to be launched
- Thousands children pay floral tribute at wall-painted Shaheed Minar
- Thailand set 79 to win for West Indies
- Malaysian Human Resources Minister due in Dhaka today
- Natural ways to improve memory
- Youth killed in Manikganj road crash
- Thailand Women opt to bat
- Coronavirus: 35 infected identified in USA
- Rain likely in next 72 hours
- Chance to control is narrowing; says WHO
- Jisshu in love with Kangana!
- Sean Williams becomes father of baby girl
- Woman’s body found in Banana orchard
- 120 terrorists killed in Niger military operation
- Corona masks first wedding kiss
- Businessman slaughtered in Netrokona, another missing
- SME products fair begins in Magura
- Haaland named UCL ‘Player of the Week’
- Corone strikes Middle East, death toll surges
- Google bans nearly 600 apps from Play Store
- 112 more die of coronavirus
- Italian dies from coronavirus
- Fly to space at TK 6 cr only!
- 51 held in anti-narcotics drive in capital
- All News »
- 8 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas burner explosion
- Excellent puzzled day after 808 yrs
- Korea to provide scanners to diagnose coronavirus to Bangladesh
- Good news to honey farmers
- 25-km tailback on Bangabandhu Bridge as toll plaza closed
- Actor Tapas Paul passes away
- Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 1666
- 1st coach of Metro rail arrived
- Srijit’s anger over Tahsan
- Father of cut-copy-paste dies
- Coronavirus: 10,844 discharged from hospital
- Bangladesh wants Qatar`s support for Rohingya repatriation
- ‘Returnee from China-Singapore doesn’t mean coronavirus infected’
- Amar Ekushey and International Mother Language Day today
- Kidney Specialist without certificate!
- CUET student Tahmid dies
- 19 case accused killed in two groups’ gunfight
- Death toll in China surges past 1,500
- Technical students to get more financial assistance: PM
- Coronavirus infected more than 67,000 globally
- Man City, Man United, Inter Milan to play today
- Coronavirus death toll crosses 2000
- Wuhan hospital chief dies of coronavirus
- Another Bangladeshi infected with coronavirus in Singapore
- Ivanka Trump wears hijab for mosque visit
- Dhaka-10 by-polls; Those who are in talks
- 14 children among 22 killed in Cameroon massacre
- Corona in Singapore: Another Bangladeshi identified
- Padma Bridge’s 25th span to be installed on Language Day
- BUET avoids combined admission test