Shemai maker busy before Eid in Dinajpur
Published: 05:04 PM, 22 May 2019
Delicious vermicelli (Shemai) is mostly favorite desert for every festivals, especially during across the Sub-Continent. Like every year, Shemai makers of country’s southern district, Dinajpur are passing very busy time in making Shemai before the biggest religious festival Eid-Ul-Fitr. There are 120 Shemai small and big industries in the 12 surrounding areas including Dinajpur.
Shemai factory owners said, this year, the Shemai makers are passing busy time with harder labor to meet the huge demand in the 8 districts of the region. And they are being paid with extra money against their excessive labor.
Shemai maker Mukarrom Ali of Shimla Laccha Shemai factory of Dinajpur said, “Making flour from the selected wheat, the main ingredients of the Shemai are prepared through the machine.”
Another people named Abul Quashem of the same factory, said “Keeping the quality slandered, Shemai produced in our factory are being exported to various districts. Due to its better quality, the price is higher a slight than other brands.
It is learnt that, these Shemai factories are situated in the BICIC zone about one and a half km far from the district headquarters.
Regarding this matter, BCIC official Siddqur Rahman said, “The factories have been instructed to produce Shemai and Laccha Shemai in the clean and clear environment. A BSCIC official has been given the responsibility to supervise Laccha Shemai and White Shemi making to ensure its cleanliness.” In violation of the policy, there is a provision of punishment in mobile courts, the official added.
Shemai factory worker Habibur Hahman said,“Although the Shemai making job is less round the year, the job faced increased pressure from one and a half months before the Eid. Therefore, to meet the Eid demand, we have to work from morning till late night.”
Dinajpur BICIC office sources said that there are several Shemai making factories, including the ‘Airplane’ marked Patwari Food Products here. Workers of the factory are now busy working because of no longer the Eid.
At present, the Patwari Food Products Shemai Factory produces 1800-2000 kgs of product per day. These Shemais are supplied in different places including the capital.
Patwary Business Private Limited’s managing director Sahidur Rahman Patwari Mohon said, “Shemai are being made in a very clean and clear environment following the heath method." Its demand increases before the Eid.
However to make more slandered and healthier Shemai, the entrepreneur seek for governments VAT free policy as well as to save this small cottage industry.
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- BNP hatching conspiracy to create anarchy: Nasim
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20