Sheikh Rasel Eco Park, model of southern region
Published: 03:14 PM, 24 February 2018
Amin ul Ahsan, Deputy Commissioner of Khulna visited the place of Sheikh Russell Eco Park
Development work of Sheikh Russel Eco park is progressing rapidly in Mathabhanga area of Batiaghata Upazila in Khulna. The border of the park was surrounded by 450 pillars, after the acquisition of land. Now the sand filling work is going on.
The park, which located on the bank of the Rupsa river, will be one of the places of entertainment of the area. It will be a model park in the southern part of the country. The authorities expected that the construction work of the park will be completed before 2019.
Batiaghata Upazila Parishad and administration are providing full support to the ongoing development work under the overall supervision of Khulna District Administration.
Sheikh Russell Eco park is located on the bank beside a privately-built `Vooter Adda` park on the southern side of Rupsha Bridge in Khulna. The place was set up almost one and a half year ago to establish the park. It is 2100 feet long and 950 feet wide.
The government initially allocated six and a half lakh taka for the park. Later, the Batiaghata Upazila Parishad allocated Tk 20 lakh for sand filling in the place and continuous work.
It is to be noted that the government has decided to build an economic zone in Batiaghata in the southern region. Eco Park is the first step of the plan. The park is being built in Mathabhanga, just 1.5 km south of Rupsa Bridge.
There are some exceptional rides in the park where older people can also take part in the entertainment. The moving swing will be made on the Rupsa river. Apart from this, there will be established high-quality rides for children and women.
Even though the construction work of eco-park is ongoing, hundreds of visitors are crowded every day to see the beautiful scenes in the park. They returned home after seeing the sunrise and sunset.
Debashish Chowdhury, UNO of Batiaghata Upazila, said Sheikh Rasel Eco park will be a star to build Batiaghata Upazila as a model Upazila. Batiaghata`s reputation will spread across the country through the park. We will try our best to maintain the quality of the work.
Ashraful Alam Khan, Batiaghata Upazila Chairman, said that we gave Tk 20 lakh for sand filling in the park on behalf of the council to keep the work going on.
Around 35 to 40 percent work of the park has already completed, said Abu Sayed Mohammad Manzur Alam, Additional Deputy Commissioner (Revenue) in Khulna.
- On Mars, sands shift to a different drum
- How to enhance or suppress memories
- Theresa May profile
- Panchagarh Express maiden voyage tomorrow
- 20 student burnt to death in India
- Record budget for FY2019-20: Finance Minister
- Mother of two ‘gang raped’ in Noakhali
- We have fought having month-long fasting: AG Minister
- Lightning kills 3 in B’baria, Habiganj
- PM to open 2nd Meghna, Gumti bridges tomorrow
- Terrible traffic jam in Rupganj
- Collapse risk of College boundary in Nalitabari
- Aruk Munshi: living reflect of Bangabandhu
- 300 orphan received PM’s Eid gifts
- Lightning kills three in Habiganj
- Injury scare for Eoin Morgan
- Tigers’ fan song ‘Cholo Bangladesh’ for World Cup composed
- High-security Ebola burials spark dismay, anger in DR Congo
- SpaceX launches first satellites of its internet network
- Mosque blast kills 2 in Pakistan
- British PM Theresa May announces to resign
- Itikaf: Significance and its virtues in Ramadan
- Sri Lanka to bowl first against SA
- Two country`s pending issues will be resolved: Quader
- Modi plots course after landslide Indian election win
- Kushtia Tailors passing busy time
- 3 more Bangladeshi survivors return home
- Jenner, Banderas, turn out for glitzy amfAR gala near Cannes
- Rain with gusty wind likely over country
- PCB bans wives and family from travelling with team
- All News »
- People on Mars by 2033 or 2060
- Six killed as bus hits tree in Bagerhat
- Narayanganj’s Araihazar OC withdrawn
- Ronaldo coming to Dhaka in Mujib Year
- Messi scores twice but Barcelona held
- JS body discusses security of women, children
- Contributions of General Aziz Ahmed as ex Director General of BGB (Part I)
- `Final should not decide my future`
- 3000 tubewells need to free from arsenic
- Eid advance bus ticket sale begins
- Ukraine`s new president Zelensky calls snap elections
- HC seeks reports of lab test on 93 more food items
- Thor actor Isaac Kappy commits suicide
- World Telecommunication and Information Society Day today
- 2 hijackers killed in Hazaribagh gunfight
- Cabinet reshuffle: Murad moved to Info Ministry
- ‘AL not a political party only, organization also’
- Eid holidaymakers’ sufferings to be reduced
- The Army Chief of Bangladesh urges to increase interoperability of land forces
- Robert Pattinson cast to play new Batman
- 152,000 passed in NTRCA preli
- Rumin Farhana gets BNP’s reserve seat nomination
- Polls to suspended 5 UZs on June 18
- Taskin in WC reserve squad finally
- Sheikh Hasina’s homecoming day today
- OC withdrawn over schoolgirl Barsha’s suicide after rape
- AIUB pupil’s body recovered from GF`s house
- Shakib-less Bangladesh opt to field
- 15 Bangladeshi survivors return home
- 6 women among 11 killed in ‘massacre’ at bar