Sheikh Rasel Eco Park, model of southern region
Published: 03:14 PM, 24 February 2018
Amin ul Ahsan, Deputy Commissioner of Khulna visited the place of Sheikh Russell Eco Park
Development work of Sheikh Russel Eco park is progressing rapidly in Mathabhanga area of Batiaghata Upazila in Khulna. The border of the park was surrounded by 450 pillars, after the acquisition of land. Now the sand filling work is going on.
The park, which located on the bank of the Rupsa river, will be one of the places of entertainment of the area. It will be a model park in the southern part of the country. The authorities expected that the construction work of the park will be completed before 2019.
Batiaghata Upazila Parishad and administration are providing full support to the ongoing development work under the overall supervision of Khulna District Administration.
Sheikh Russell Eco park is located on the bank beside a privately-built `Vooter Adda` park on the southern side of Rupsha Bridge in Khulna. The place was set up almost one and a half year ago to establish the park. It is 2100 feet long and 950 feet wide.
The government initially allocated six and a half lakh taka for the park. Later, the Batiaghata Upazila Parishad allocated Tk 20 lakh for sand filling in the place and continuous work.
It is to be noted that the government has decided to build an economic zone in Batiaghata in the southern region. Eco Park is the first step of the plan. The park is being built in Mathabhanga, just 1.5 km south of Rupsa Bridge.
There are some exceptional rides in the park where older people can also take part in the entertainment. The moving swing will be made on the Rupsa river. Apart from this, there will be established high-quality rides for children and women.
Even though the construction work of eco-park is ongoing, hundreds of visitors are crowded every day to see the beautiful scenes in the park. They returned home after seeing the sunrise and sunset.
Debashish Chowdhury, UNO of Batiaghata Upazila, said Sheikh Rasel Eco park will be a star to build Batiaghata Upazila as a model Upazila. Batiaghata`s reputation will spread across the country through the park. We will try our best to maintain the quality of the work.
Ashraful Alam Khan, Batiaghata Upazila Chairman, said that we gave Tk 20 lakh for sand filling in the park on behalf of the council to keep the work going on.
Around 35 to 40 percent work of the park has already completed, said Abu Sayed Mohammad Manzur Alam, Additional Deputy Commissioner (Revenue) in Khulna.
- JnU BCL committee dissolved
- BEXIMCO buys 8 US FDA products from Sandoz
- `People want continuation of Sheikh Hasina’s leadership`
- PM returns home tomorrow morning
- India reject Pakistan PM`s claims on Kashmir attack
- Masakadza retained as Zimbabwe captain
- Two major UAE firms keen to invest in Bangladesh
- Integrity is our driving force: Yeafesh Osman
- Man Utd knock Chelsea out of FA Cup
- Bernie Sanders runs for president again
- AL chalks out programmes to mark Int’l Mother Language Day
- HC summons editor of Bangladesh Bank’r Itihash
- Fashion designer Lagerfeld dead at 85
- Pakistan warns India against military action
- Injury-hit Bangladesh seek consolation win
- BNP chalks out 2-day programme to mark Feb 21
- Boro rice seedling transplantation nearing completion
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- India shouldn`t play Pakistan in World Cup: Harbhajan
- 7 burnt in Khagrachhari gas cylinder blast
- 69 including drug traders held in Satkhira
- Day temperature may rise by (1-2)°C
- Mystery of ‘Skeleton Lake’!
- Kuddus Boyati hospitalized
- Katrina reveals she wants a boyfriend!
- Biswa Ijtema ends through Akheri Munajat
- World cannot leave us, says Huawei’s founder
- Get ready for Super Snow Moon tonight!
- Google search shows Pakistan flag as ‘best toilet paper’
- 8th span of Padma Bridge to be installed tomorrow
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- BCL factional clash hurt 45 in JnU
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Drug trader hurt in Chatmohor gunfight
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Gas supply shutdown in Dhaka including Savar
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Hong Kong stocks open lower
- Samsung to launch US retail stores in smartphone push
- Prominent poet Al Mahmud dies
- Tomorrow’s SSC exam deferred to March 2
- Last tributes to poet Al Mahmud at Bangla Academy
- 1st phase of nomination withdrawal ends today
- Bangladesh set 233-run target for NZ
- Bangladesh faces New Zealand in 1st ODI today
- General Osmani’s 35th death anniversary today
- Sadhan urges officials to brighten up govt image
- Navy Chief in UAE arms exhibition
- Robber killed in Jashore gunfight