Sheikh Jamal clinch DPL title
Published: 09:58 PM, 4 March 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club clinched the inaugural Dhaka Premier Division (DPL) Twenty20 Cricket League title beating Prime Doleshwar Sporting Club by 24 runs at Mirpur, Dhaka today.
After winning the toss Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club elected to bat first and posted 157/7 in 20 overs. Prime Doleshwar Sporting Club were restricted to 133/8 by Sheikh Jamal bowlers.
Imtiaz Hossain was the top scorer for Sheikh Jamal Dhanmondi Club. Scored 56 off 44 with 2 sixes and 4 fours. He and Fardeen Hasan made a 62-run opening stand. Then Sheikh Jamal lost some quick wickets.
But Skiper Nurul Hasan's (33 off 27) and Tanvir Hayder's (31 off 15) helped them to post a fighting total.
Prime Doleshwar skipper Farhad Reza bagged 3 for 32.
Chasing the target Saif Hassan (26 off 28) and Mohammad Arafat (33 off 23) gave good start before Mohammad Arafat retired hurt.
After losing Saif Hasan and Arafat Doleshwar lose some quick wickets from 62/0 to they lost 5 to 88. Skipper Farhad Reza fought alone but no other fellow help him to build partnership and Doleshwar restricted to 133/8.
Pacer Shahidul Islam bagged 4 wickets for 19 runs.
- Chikon Kala: Jungal of insatiable demons
- Man City hit eight in Watford demolition
- `BNP’s politics centered on illness of Khaleda Zia`
- Over 100 arrested in Paris `yellow vest` protests
- Nawaz, Iftikhar return to Pakistan side for SL ODIs
- Taylor Swift cancels concert amid animal rights criticism
- Iran issues `battlefield` warning as US deploys troops
- Shakib star as Bangladesh win over Afghanistan
- Judge dies after eating Bidya’s cook food!
- Reason behind children’s happiness
- RAB’s drive in Chattogram’s three clubs
- ‘Action to be taken wherever irregularities found’
- 3 students die in Dinajpur boat capsize
- Bangladesh seals thrilling 5-run win against India
- Four died in West Bengal in NRC panic
- Bangladesh lost both openers
- Blind-deaf travels 130 countries
- Bangladesh restrict Afghanistan to 138
- Action against all if evidence found: HM
- 20-beds hospital still not launched in 14yrs
- Ways to prevent upper lips sweat
- JU admission test starts Sunday
- Murder accused killed in Chattogram gunfight
- Kalabagan Krira Chakra president on 10-day remand
- Bus supervisor killed in Natore road crash
- Bangladesh opt to field
- Cops look for burqa woman taking Minni’s photos!
- Bangladesh starts U-18 SAFF championship with win
- Fairytale’s Hiramon
- Talks with Cameron: Suu Kyi lies over Rohingyas’ identity
- All News »
- PM to receive two more int’l awards
- RAB’s drive: Jubo League leader GK Shamim detains
- Codex Gigas: The Devil’s Bible
- 142 held over police raid in capital`s Young Men’s club casino
- RAB sealed `Golden Dhaka Bangladesh` casino
- Fire breaks out at Shwapno Super Shop in Banani
- Thimmamma Marrimanu: A 550 yr old giant banyan tree
- Juba League leader Khaled arrested
- White House: A monstrous residence
- Ancient Babylon: A city and a civilization
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test today
- Movile Cave: Mysterious dark-ranch of 5.5 m yrs old insects
- Shovon-Rabbani axed, Nahian-Lekhak made BCL’s acting president, GS
- Ex-Miss World Manushi Chhillar to crown Miss World Bangladesh
- Pygmy: The forest lovers
- BD youth died in Malaysia, body can’t bring as address not found
- 4 Pak troops killed in Afghan border
- Afif leads Tigers to winning start in Tri-series T20
- DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test Friday
- Young Tigers thrash India, target 107
- PM to receive ‘Dr Kalam Smriti Int’l Excellence Awards ‘19’
- Salman Shah’s weeklong birthday celebration
- Bakarkhani, symbol of an ‘immortal love’ story
- Robert Mugabe: Liberator to brutal tyrant
- Nargis Fakhri coming to Dhaka
- Puja Cherry got married!
- Mysterious dragon of Boga Lake
- DU ‘Kha’ unit admission test begins
- ‘Chapati Tuhin’ killed in Narayanganj gunfight
- 7 Chinese warship patrolling Indian Ocean