Sheikh Hasina, the most powerful women in South Asia: Forbes
Published: 09:57 AM, 14 December 2019 Updated: 10:57 AM, 14 December 2019
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina; File Photo
Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been ranked the powerful woman in South Asia. Then there is Indian Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
Forbes Magazine published the list of world’s 100 most powerful women in 2019 on its website on Thursday. The information is mentioned on that list.
According to the list, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has been ranked the 29th among the world’s 100 most powerful women by the US-based Forbes magazine. Then there is Indian Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman - has been ranked the 34th.
German Chancellor Angela Merkel topped the Forbes 2019 list of ‘The World’s 100 Most Powerful Women’ followed by President of the European Central Bank Christine Lagarde in the second spot and Speaker of the US House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi ranked third.
“In 2019, women around the globe took action, claiming leadership positions in government, business, philanthropy, and media. These trailblazers are not to be messed with,” the magazine said.
It said Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina, the longest-serving Prime Minister in the history of Bangladesh, is currently serving her fourth term.
She won the fourth term, which is also her third consecutive term, after her party, Bangladesh Awami League, won 288 of the 300 parliamentary seats, Forbes said.
During the present term, it said, Sheikh Hasina plans to focus on issues such as food security and access to education and healthcare.
Sheikh Hasina has been working to further strengthen democracy in Bangladesh, the magazine said.
- Call 999 while police harass: IGP
- Tigers to back a day earlier
- Zaheer Khan to be awarded Padma Shri
- Evaly becomes billionaire cheating with customers
- Student killed in Mymensingh road crash
- Action will be taken over clash in election campaign
- Tigers upbeat to avoid humiliating whitewash
- Satkhira pride schoolgirl committed suicide
- Meeting over China-Bangladesh travel ban Tuesday
- China stuck in Medical equipment crisis!
- Bangladesh to host Zimbabwe in Feb for full series
- No barrier to voting in EVMs: HC
- Problems need to be solved by planning: Tajul
- Iran executes ‘crocodile’
- Immune discovery may treat all cancer
- Farmer’s smile in vegetables farming
- 7 out of 8 employees absent in Upazila health office
- Coronavirus spread in 12 countries
- Assam trembled in multiple blast
- Sheikh Russel Water Treatment Plant inaugurated
- Woman set to marry plane, claims they’re dating for 6 yrs
- Coronavirus infected identified in Israel
- China lies over coronavirus infected, it topped .9 million!
- Atiqul unveils election manifesto
- Cold wave may abate in next 24 hours
- Mask-hand sanitizer sever crisis in China
- Chinese physicians in treatment-war amid coronavirus scary
- PM opens several uplift schemes
- 31 killed in Madagascar torrential rains
- 2 Bangladeshis receive Padma Bhushan, Padma Shri awards in India
- All News »
- Cox’s Bazar-St. Martin ship to be launched February
- Rapists cheer on Facebook Live after rape in Gazipur
- 5,000 students get scholarship of Jahangir Alam Foundation
- China virus deaths rise to 17, heightening global alarm
- ICJ orders Myanmar to protect Rohingya, to preserve evidence
- High levels of Uranium found in Cox’s Bazar
- Actress Ishrat Nishat passes away
- Coronavirus: Everything you need to know
- Coronavirus: 11 under observation in India, Bangladesh on alert
- Man suicides killing 4 in Maulvibazar: Story revealed
- Ijtema ends seeking global peace, unity
- Two siblings among 3 electrocuted in Hazaribagh
- Record: Trump tweets, retweets 125 times in a day
- Gabtoli turmoil after throwing eggs
- Bride’s mother elopes with groom’s father
- Bangladesh enters e-Passport era
- Bangladesh meet Burundi in semifinal today
- World court’s four orders against Myanmar
- Coronavirus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 cases: govt
- Ronaldo makes accidental kiss to Dybala
- ‘Dil Toh Happy Hai Ji’ actress Sejal Sharma commits suicide
- E-passport to be launched today
- E-passport is a ‘Mujib Barsho’ gift for nation: PM
- Harry, Meghan to give up royal titles
- Comilla University’s 1st convocation Monday
- Court orders to publish ads asking SK Sinha, 10 others to appear
- Fourth person has died from new virus: China
- Wife receives husband with ‘Milk-bath’ for divorce!
- Over 100 killed in Yemen missile, drone attack
- Seven killed in Indonesia bridge collapse