Sheikh Hasina set to be PM for fourth time
Published: 03:32 PM, 3 January 2019 Updated: 04:02 PM, 3 January 2019
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Awami League (AL) President Sheikh Hasina is set to be the prime minister for the third time in a row, as well as for the fourth time. She has been reelected the leader of the AL Parliamentary Party confirmed Members of AL’s Advisory Council today.
Bangladesh Awami League’s Advisory Council Member Tofail Ahmed disclosed this while he was talking to reporters after the maiden meeting of the AL Parliamentary Party (ALPP) held at Sangsad Bhaban here this afternoon.
“The daughter of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, Sheikh Hasina, who is the celebrated leader of the mass people and a prominent politician in the international world, is going to be the prime minister for the fourth time as we reelected her unanimously the leader of our parliamentary party,”
Tofail, also the commerce minister, said AL General Secretary Obaidul Quader proposed the name of Sheikh Hasina as the ALPP leader, which was seconded by senior leader of the party Amir Hossain Amu.
“After the election, we all the elected lawmakers congratulated Sheikh Hasina through huge clapping,” he said.
In the eleventh parliamentary elections held on Sunday (December 30th), the Election Commission announced the results of 298 seats out of 300 seats, while Awami League-led grand alliance candidates won 288 seats. In 1996, Sheikh Hasina served as the leader of the parliament for the first time.
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- Indonesia ferry sinking leaves at least 15 dead
- Appeal hearing of war criminal Azhar starts
- England wins toss, bat first against Afghanistan
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor