‘Sheikh Hasina Specialized Jute Textile Mill’ in Madarganj
Published: 08:26 PM, 4 July 2018
Pic: Daily Bangladesh
‘Sheikh Hasina Specialized Jute Textile Mill’ is being held in Madarganj upazila of Jamalpur district. ECNEC approves Tk 518 crore project to set up the mill.
As a result, Jamalpur is getting the opportunity to contribute to the national economy as well as the employment of many people.
It is learned that the ‘Sheikh Hasina Specialized Jute Textile Mill’ will be set up in 34 acres of land at Kamariya Char in Madarganj with the help of Bangladesh Jute Mill Corporation-BJMC under the Ministry of Textile and Jute. In the next two years, BJMC will complete the work of establishing the mill.
According to sources, the government led by Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina given the importance on the use of jute and emphasizing its commercial potential to the world. As part of this, the government has taken initiative to set up this mill considering the availability of jute raw materials for the factory, poverty rate, and employment opportunity. Now, most of the country’s export earnings come from the clothing sector. To be a developed economy, export diversification is necessary. If the project is implemented, the commercial potential of jute can be utilized. Besides, the private sector will also be encouraged to come forward to promote jute business - which will help in creating employment and protecting the environment.
According to the project sources, it will be able to produce environmentally friendly yarn and cloth to get three-level GSP facility for the garment industry. At the cost of jute and cotton, at least costumes of cotton, cloth and ready-made garments, especially denim pants, jackets, shirts, can be made and sold at least 107 types of jute products. This will increase the export earnings. Besides, after the production of denim, various textiles and goods can be made from home-made garments with extra yarn.
The factory will be able to export 4,32,000 dozens of denim pants every year. Besides, 2,13,40,00 gauze of denim and other fabrics can be produced, which can be supplied to the garment factory of the country.
Textile and Jute Ministry sources said that on 12 October 2014, the Prime Minister ordered the BJMC to stand on its feet while inspecting the Ministry of Textiles and Jute. Later in the chairmanship of the Ministry of Textiles and Jute, in the meeting held on August 21, 2016, instructions were given for setting up a separate unit for setting up the production of jute mill under the control of BJMC. The main activities of the project are construction of land development, construction of 20,000 square meter building, 1500 square meter office buildings, other buildings, and infrastructure construction.
Under the project, internal road construction, pre-shipment inspection, training, consultants, vehicle collection, machinery and office equipment will be collected.
State Minister for Textile and Jute Mirza Azam said in a reaction that as a part of transforming Jamalpur into a developed district, Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina has given her approval to establish Jute Mill at Jamalpur.
Mirza Azam said that when this Jute Mill is established, employment opportunities will be created directly and indirectly by at least 3,000 people in the project area. Besides acquiring a lot of foreign currency, it will be possible to help the country’s readymade garments industry to get the three-level GSP facility at an affordable price and supplying yarn and clothes. As a result, the project will help in the national economy in the production and export of multipurpose products.
Due to being environmentally friendly, multipurpose use of jute is growing around the world. With regard to the commercial potential of jute, the government is also taking a number of initiatives. As part of this, Jute Specialized Textile Factory is being set up in Jamalpur. Considering the availability of raw materials, poverty rate, and employment opportunity, the factory has been set up in Madarganj upazila.
The cost of implementing the ‘Sheikh Hasina Specialized Jute Textile Mill’ project was Tk 518.85 crore. The Planning Commission has completed all the process of approving the project. With the approval of ECNEC, the Bangladesh Jute Mill Corporation (BJMC) will complete the construction of the factory within two years.
- Another spell of gas suspension in Capital Tuesday
- People throng book fair ignoring gloomy weather
- Real suffer shock home loss to Girona
- Student organisations remain at variance over DUCSU polls
- Saudi crown prince reaches Pakistan amid tension
- Shanaya Kapoor takes first step in Bollywood
- `India shouldn`t play against Pakistan in WC 2019`
- Maqbul Ahmed resigns from Jamaat
- Lights in Hili
- Fuel price hike cause UK’s airline end
- Collective efforts need to mitigate urban poverty
- `2000 edu institutions to be brought under MPO soon`
- Nirab murder: accused arrested
- Hearing on Jamaat’s appeal soon: AG
- Bogura AL President Momtaz Uddin dies
- Mahmudullah, Boult fined by ICC
- PM at IDEX inaugural in Abu Dhabi
- Sightly lake fascinates visitors
- RU to observe Dr Zoha day tomorrow
- Messi scores one penalty out of two in win
- Ebola kills nearly 100 children
- CORR fall not at expected level yet: ACC Chm
- School banking to create savings habit
- Japan PM nominated Trump for Nobel
- Bangladeshi killed in Saudi Arabia road crash
- Manna’s 11th death anniv today
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- ‘All parties not taking part in UZ polls disappointing’
- 32 grenades recovered in Khulna
- ‘Sagar-Runi’ Murder report delay for 63rd time
- All News »
- ‘Work with history of country’s Language Movement’
- WB to cooperate with Bangladesh: Qimiao Fan
- Spain teeters on brink of snap election
- Bangladesh, Indian Air Forces can work together: PM
- Net house potato farming gains ground in Rajshahi
- Pakistan summons Indian envoy to protest `baseless allegations`
- Which channel broadcast BAN vs NZ series
- Biswa Ijtema begins tomorrow
- Elderly couple among 3 killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Haunting beauty of ghost towns
- “AL not embarrassed of BNP’s case against polls”
- Mithun`s fifty takes Bangladesh to 226
- Mashrafe confident of BD`s chances despite Shakib`s absence
- 28 including drug traders held in Dinajpur
- Illusions about losing weight
- PM visits LGRD ministry
- College student killed in Madarganj road crash
- Israel shoots dead two Palestinian teenagers
- Pahela Falgun being celebrated
- Two drug traders held with phensedyl
- Speech-impaired college-girl raped, man held
- Seven yrs of Sagar-Runi murder
- Ali, employee of Daily Bangladesh, injured in road crash
- Barcelona, Man City to play tonight
- NZ clinch ODI series 2-0 against Tigers
- 3 motorcyclists killed in Gazipur road crash
- 5 mayor aspirants get symbols
- “’Fagun Haway’ will inspire new generation in patriotism”
- Al Mahmud admitted to ICU
- Emergency declared in Russia over polar bear ‘invasion’