Shakib star as Bangladesh win over Afghanistan
Published: 10:30 PM, 21 September 2019 Updated: 10:09 AM, 22 September 2019
Finally, Bangladesh got their much-awaited victory over Afghanistan as they beat the visiting side by 4 wickets in the 6th match of tri-nation T20 series at Chattogram today. They lost last four matches to Afghanistan and it's their first win in five years! Skipper Shakib Al Hasan scored unbeaten 70 off 45 for Bangladesh.
Chasing the target of 139 Bangladesh lost both openers to 12. Liton Das (4) sent back by Mujeeb Ur Rahman and Nazmul Hossain Shanto (5) went out by slower ball of Naveen ul Haq.
After 6 over Bangladesh were 28/2. Mushfiqur Rahim and Shakib added 58 runs in the 3rd wicket stand. It was totally an unnecessary shot from Mushfiqur Rahim, who was just dropped on 14 by Tarakai in the previous over. An outside off delivery from Karim Janat and Mushfiqur Rahim drags it as he tries to hit a six over midwicket. However, he only ends up giving an easy catch to Shafiqullah standing there. Before went out Musfiqur made 26 off 25.
Mahamudullah also went out in quick succession. A googly from Rashid Khan and Mahmudullah Riyad, who tried to pull the back of a length delivery, fails to connect and the ball hits his pads. Both Shakib and Mahmudullah had a chat if to go for the review or not. They decide against it and Mahmudullah has to walk as the umpire gave him out initially.
Sabbir Rahman who was dropped last match again failed to prove him and Bangladesh lost their 5th wicket to 95. A length delivery from Naveen-ul-Haq that holds its line and Sabbir Rahman, who tries to guide it down the third man gets an edge. The keeper takes an easy catch.
Afif Hossain, who played a brilliant knock in the first match against Zimbabwe failed to score double-digit. He walks across and tries to play a slog sweep. He misses the ball completely and it goes on to hit the stumps. Rashid scalps another one and Bangladesh are now in a spot of bother.
But a magnificent unbeaten 40-ball 70 from skipper Shakib Al Hasan helped Bangladesh to beat Afghanistan by four wickets. Mosaddek Hossain made 19 off 12.
Earlier, Bangladesh have restricted Afghanistan to 138/7 in 20 overs. After winning the toss Bangladesh asked Afghanistan to bat first.
Rahmanullah Gurbaz and Hazratullah Zazai made flying start for Afghans adding 75 runs in 9.3 over. Afif Hossain made the first breakthrough for Bangladesh sending back Zazai for 47 off 35. He also got the wicket of Asghar Afghan in the same over and coincides no run. And Afghanistan lost their 2nd wickets to 75.
From 75 to 109 Afghanistan lost 6 wickets for 34 runs. Mustafizur Rahman sent back Rahmanullah Gurbaz (29) and Afghanistan were 80/3.
Shakib Al Hasan got his first wicket sending back Mohammad Nabi (4). Gulbadin Naib also gone by run-out and the visitor team lost their 5th wicket to 96.
Mohammad Saifuddin sent back Najibullah Zadran (14) and Shafiul Islam got the wicket of Karim Janat. Afghanistan lost their 7th wicket to 114. From here, Shafiqullah's 23 off 17 and skipper Rashid Khan's 11 off 13 helped the visiting side to score 138 in 20 over.
For Bangladesh Affif Hossain took 2 wickets for 9 in his 3 over. Mohammad Saifuddin 23/1, Shafiul Islam 24/1, Shakib 24/1 and Mustafizur Rahman 31/1.
- ‘Abominable’ won’t be screened in Malaysia over S. China Sea map
- India, Pakistan exchange fire in Kashmir, killing 9
- Brexit will happen on Oct. 31
- Bangladesh Army Volleyball competition concludes
- Chile paralyzed after three die in protest violence
- Young Elephants of Laos humiliate Mohun Bagan
- Laxman, Smith picks Tamim, Shakib in their dream XI
- 1,34,625 HA land under T-Aman cultivation in Netrokona
- People aren’t responding to Oikya Front’s call: Hasan
- President reaches Singapore en route to Japan
- 1st scientific congress on NCDs kicks off in city
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Jubo League chairman Omar Faruq fired
- Saifuddin to miss T20 series in India
- PM receives Russian translated books on Bangabandhu-Sheikh Hasina
- Pearl over 8 thousand-yrs old found in UAE
- Four to die for murder in Faridpur
- DIG Bajlur of JD arrested for possessing illegal money
- Rohit`s 212 put India on top
- Bhola Clash: BGB’s quick deploy by helicopter
- 4 killed in cops-mob clash following facebook post
- Khulna beat Rajshahi in NCL 2nd round
- BCB to issue T-Ten NOC through talks
- Auto-driver killed after being hit by pickup
- Investigations are being made about many others: Quader
- Samad succeeds in farming vegetables in fisheries farms
- 13.05% pass DU ‘Ka’ unit admission test
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- Weather may remain mainly dry
- Son hacked mother to death
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- PM for quick disposal of Abrar murder case
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- BUET students’ call off protests
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today