Shakib reclaims top spot in ODI all-rounder rankings
Published: 04:53 PM, 22 May 2019
Bangladesh got a further boost ahead of the ICC Cricket World Cup as the ace all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan finally reclaimed his number one spot in ICC ODI all-rounder rankings from the Afghanistan all-rounder Rashid Khan.
Shakib, who is in No. 2 spot in both Test and T20 all-rounder rankings, is in the top in ODI format with 359 points. Rashid Khan is now on the second spot with 339 points. Bangladesh’s premier all-rounder basically regained the top spot on the basis of his terrific performance with both bat and ball in the recently concluded tri-series in Ireland in which Bangladesh lifted the trophy in grand manner, beating West Indies by five wickets.
Shakib played three matches, scored 134 runs and took two wickets. His measly bowling in those matches stifled the opponents, creating the opportunity for other bowlers to pick up wickets at regular intervals. Shakib missed the tri nation final because of back spasm.
Shakib was in the second position with 341 points before Ireland series was behind by Rashid Khan for a considerable margin.
While Shakib was on top of his form in Ireland, Afghanistan just finished their two-match series against Ireland. In this series Rashid was pretty ordinary with both bat and ball.
In their first match, Rashid picked up 2 wickets but scored only 16 runs. In second match Rashid was wicket-less and fell for a golden duck. This disappointing performance has affected his ranking.
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- BNP hatching conspiracy to create anarchy: Nasim
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20