Shakib reaches 300-wicket landmark
Published: 09:40 AM, 25 April 2018
Shakib Al Hasan became the fifth bowler in the history of T-20 cricket, and the first Bangladeshi, to take 300 wickets in the format.
The Bangladesh cricket ace all-rounder, who is now playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad in Indian Premier League (IPL), touched this landmark during the IPL match against Mumbai Indians in Mumbai on Tuesday.
In the sixth over of Mumbai`s chase of Hyderabad`s 118 all out, Shakib had Mumbai skipper Rohit Sharma caught at slip with a looping, slow delivery to take his 300th wicket in his 260th match.
He is now level in fourth place in the all-time T20 wicket-takers` list with Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi, who has exactly 300 wickets from 274 matches.
In the T20 wicket-takers list West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has his name etched at the top with 417 scalps. Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga is the second man on the list with 348 wickets followed by West Indies all-rounder Sunil Narine who has 325 wickets under his belt as he sits at the third position.
Bangladesh`s all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan, however, stands out of the lot as he is the first left-hander on the list to reach the 300 wickets mark in the T20 history. The next left-hander on the list is Pakistan`s fast bowler Sohail Tanvir who has 289 wickets.
Shakib is one of the exceptional players who is regular in the International cricket and is also part of the major T20 leagues around the globe like Big Bash, Carribean Premier League, Pakistan Super League, County Cricket and Bangladesh Premier League.
75 of Shakib`s 300 wickets in the format have come in international matches for Bangladesh at an average of 20.61, while the rest have come playing in various franchise leagues around the world. Shakib`s overall average in T20 bowling is 20.54 with an economy rate of 6.78.
- Australia beat England by 64 runs
- Speedy Trial Act for more 5 yrs
- New galaxy discovered by Muslim Astrophysicist!
- IU resumes evening courses
- Cumilla University unveils Tk 42-cr budget
- New evidence on the reliability of climate modeling
- Sun`s history found buried in Moon`s crust
- Textile minister assures to restart all shattered mills
- Actress Bubli critically injured
- Convince Myanmar to take Rohingyas back: PM to China
- Hajj flight begins July 4
- Bangladesh denounces Houthi attack on Saudi airport
- Astral relics of 5,000 yrs old discovered in China
- Bangladesh now at sole height’s political stability: Speaker in IMF meet
- England’s slack batting before destructive Australia
- Australia set a target of 286 for England
- No harmful contents in pasteurized milk brands, BSTI to HC
- JP-led govt will be formed in future: GM Quader
- Army Chief to visit United Nations Peacekeeping Mission
- Dementia risk tied to common drugs
- Momen sought Beijing’s support to convince Myanmar
- Action against govt officials if drug addict: HM
- FR Tower: ACC’s case accusing Ex-RAJUK chair among 25
- PM’s good news for Tigers
- Brian Lara hospitalized after chest pain
- Who responsible for collapsed bridges?
- Exemption with financial benefit by SI
- All pasteurised milk including Pran-Milk Vita-Arong adulterated
- Holey Artisan attack case: Five more policemen testify
- England wins toss, bowl first
- All News »
- Sarafa Infotech’s new director Soroj Mehedi
- AL to make it`s 70th anniversary memorable
- Bangladesh achieves fastest growth in Asia-Pacific
- Europe’s oldest person ‘Nonna Peppa’ died at 116
- None can escape creating sabotage: HM
- Mushfiqur`s ton in vain as Bangladesh lost to Australia
- Probe report submission deferred again
- RAB revealed mystery of Sensational Shakib murder
- England beat Afghanistan by 150 runs
- No exempt, although it is MP-Minister’s house: Rezaul
- PM inaugurates environment fair, tree plantation campaign & tree fair
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Ex-MP Rana gets bail
- 3 farmers killed in Natore road crash
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- ‘No Dorai’: Surfing base film with Chatgaiya language
- Boat capsizes at Sadarghat: two minors’ body recovered
- 2 female RMG workers’ bodies recovered in Ashulia
- 3 to die, 7 get life for Kishoreganj murder
- Ayub Bachchu Chottor being built with Rupali Guitar
- Take development schemes protecting environment: PM
- Hajj cost in Bangladesh less than India: Minister
- Happy birthday to football magician Messi
- Williamson ton, Grandhomme power New Zealand in thriller
- Gold, Diamond, Silver gets validation in fair
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Arrest warrant against Pran’s MD
- UN praises Bangladesh peacekeepers
- Rainfall may increase in next 72 hrs
- PM’s China visit in July; plan to boost bilateral ties