Shakib reaches 300-wicket landmark
Published: 09:40 AM, 25 April 2018
Shakib Al Hasan became the fifth bowler in the history of T-20 cricket, and the first Bangladeshi, to take 300 wickets in the format.
The Bangladesh cricket ace all-rounder, who is now playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad in Indian Premier League (IPL), touched this landmark during the IPL match against Mumbai Indians in Mumbai on Tuesday.
In the sixth over of Mumbai`s chase of Hyderabad`s 118 all out, Shakib had Mumbai skipper Rohit Sharma caught at slip with a looping, slow delivery to take his 300th wicket in his 260th match.
He is now level in fourth place in the all-time T20 wicket-takers` list with Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi, who has exactly 300 wickets from 274 matches.
In the T20 wicket-takers list West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has his name etched at the top with 417 scalps. Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga is the second man on the list with 348 wickets followed by West Indies all-rounder Sunil Narine who has 325 wickets under his belt as he sits at the third position.
Bangladesh`s all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan, however, stands out of the lot as he is the first left-hander on the list to reach the 300 wickets mark in the T20 history. The next left-hander on the list is Pakistan`s fast bowler Sohail Tanvir who has 289 wickets.
Shakib is one of the exceptional players who is regular in the International cricket and is also part of the major T20 leagues around the globe like Big Bash, Carribean Premier League, Pakistan Super League, County Cricket and Bangladesh Premier League.
75 of Shakib`s 300 wickets in the format have come in international matches for Bangladesh at an average of 20.61, while the rest have come playing in various franchise leagues around the world. Shakib`s overall average in T20 bowling is 20.54 with an economy rate of 6.78.
- Samrat-Arman taken to Rab office for interrogation
- HC orders to remove mobile tower from sensitive spot
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- EU and Britain finally agree on new Brexit deal
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- 3 JMB members in 5 days remand
- FIFA to continue support for promotion football in Bangladesh
- Unnecessary bloodshed in mountains: HM
- Smart way of making Coffee to lessen weight
- PM Hasina-Modi invited for BAN-IND Test in Kolkata
- Way of cooking tasty ‘malai meat’
- Ambulance cylinder blast kills 2 in Ctg
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Ganguly on ICC`s plan to host World Cup every 3 yrs
- PM gives jersey to FIFA president
- Anti-Terrorism Tribunal’s PP Jahangir released
- 3 cops suspended for transporting mother Hilsa
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Bella Hadid, the most beautiful woman in world, says Science
- Jessia, contestant for ‘Miss Universe Bangladesh’
- Bosila militant den raid: Probe report on Nov 18
- HC’s full verdict removing mobile towers from sensitive places
- Tamim gets injured, pulled out from 2nd round of NCL
- 3 ‘New JMB’ militants detained in Gabtoli
- Brutal murder of Tuhin: Lawyers vows not to fight for accused
- Kuwait-Chattogram direct flight starts Oct 30
- Four dead in Philippine quake
- Bengali calendar changes
- 15 killed in Mexico armed clashes
- Today’s Sports on TV
- All News »
- Father killed child Tuhin, claim police
- Unseen ‘Miss World Bangladesh’ Rafah
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- Abrar murder: First confession by Ifti
- Bangla TV to air Bangladesh-India match
- Zion gives 2nd confessional statement in Abrar murder case
- Brutality upon child Tuhin
- Sabila Nur gets married this month
- Abrar’s roommate Mizan held
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- 3 including Indian national win Nobel Prize in Economics
- Abrar murder: Amit, Toha on 5-day remand
- Bangladesh becomes role model in disaster management: PM
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar Murder: Amit Shaha of room-2011 held
- The king who rose from the dead
- Execrable ‘Hope Diamond’
- The female Pharaoh who ruled by wearing false beards
- MBBS admission test today
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- New moon king Saturn
- Woman given ‘Talaq’ for alcohol, short dress!
- BUET students’ call off protests
- Moushumi assaulted at BFDC
- Typhoon Hagibis: 11 killed in Japan
- Sourav Ganguly set to be president of BCCI
- Mohammadpur councilor Habibur detains
- Rani Mukerji calls Sheikh Hasina as mother
- S.Africa court rules Zuma must face corruption trial