Shakib reaches 300-wicket landmark
Published: 09:40 AM, 25 April 2018
Shakib Al Hasan became the fifth bowler in the history of T-20 cricket, and the first Bangladeshi, to take 300 wickets in the format.
The Bangladesh cricket ace all-rounder, who is now playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad in Indian Premier League (IPL), touched this landmark during the IPL match against Mumbai Indians in Mumbai on Tuesday.
In the sixth over of Mumbai`s chase of Hyderabad`s 118 all out, Shakib had Mumbai skipper Rohit Sharma caught at slip with a looping, slow delivery to take his 300th wicket in his 260th match.
He is now level in fourth place in the all-time T20 wicket-takers` list with Pakistan all-rounder Shahid Afridi, who has exactly 300 wickets from 274 matches.
In the T20 wicket-takers list West Indies all-rounder Dwayne Bravo has his name etched at the top with 417 scalps. Sri Lankan pacer Lasith Malinga is the second man on the list with 348 wickets followed by West Indies all-rounder Sunil Narine who has 325 wickets under his belt as he sits at the third position.
Bangladesh`s all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan, however, stands out of the lot as he is the first left-hander on the list to reach the 300 wickets mark in the T20 history. The next left-hander on the list is Pakistan`s fast bowler Sohail Tanvir who has 289 wickets.
Shakib is one of the exceptional players who is regular in the International cricket and is also part of the major T20 leagues around the globe like Big Bash, Carribean Premier League, Pakistan Super League, County Cricket and Bangladesh Premier League.
75 of Shakib`s 300 wickets in the format have come in international matches for Bangladesh at an average of 20.61, while the rest have come playing in various franchise leagues around the world. Shakib`s overall average in T20 bowling is 20.54 with an economy rate of 6.78.
- UNO appears with foods after tokai’s phone
- Hanging body recovered of a boy in Habiganj
- Maleque for action against shut clinics
- Comedian Eddie Large dies after contracting COVID-19
- Bangladesh will be Asia’s highest economic growth nation: ADB
- Adequate foodstuffs reserved in the country: Quader
- Alamgir’s 70th birthday today
- Rakib’s horrific deposition of killing wife-children like Hindi drama
- Cricketer Salma distributes food of whole week to 60 families
- Woman gives birth newborn in ‘autorickshaw’
- Little Messi’s amazing video
- Magura patient dies in isolation
- US nurses protest over corona protective scarcity
- BCB announces monetary support for employees
- DMP spraying germicide to curb coronavirus
- 1 killed as truck overturned into ditch
- China to ban eating cats and dogs
- Corona test begins in Barishal tomorrow
- Coronavirus could be under control by late April
- Coronavirus: 150 bodies recovered from streets in Ecuador
- Five new signs of coronavirus infection found!
- Rain likely at many places
- No new death from coronavirus: Health Minister
- 5 more test positive for coronavirus, raising total to 61
- Over 1 million people infected with coronavirus
- National Film Day today
- Ireland works on preparing graves in advance
- US Captain who raised alarm over coronavirus removed
- Body found in roadside ditch in Noakhali
- Coronavirus claims 950 lives in Spain 24 hrs
- All News »
- Coronavirus hospital to be built in Dhaka like China
- School holiday draws to Eid
- Actor Kazi Maruf, his wife infected with coronavirus
- 54 buildings of Mohammadpur under police surveillance
- British PM Boris Johnson infected with coronavirus
- British health secy Hancock test coronavirus positive
- Lawsuit filed against China for coronavirus outbreak
- Alibaba donates Bangladesh 30,000 Covid-19 testing kits
- US actor dies from coronavirus
- BD made ‘Spondon’ to save the life of critical patients
- AC land Sayma Hasan withdrawn
- Coronavirus measures could cause global food shortage, UN warns
- German minister commits suicide over ‘corona crisis worries’
- 15 of 48 corona patient recovered in Bangladesh; No new case
- Corona death mounts to 33,976, infected over .72m
- Cat found infected with coronavirus in Belgium
- Dogs will detect Covid-19!
- First royal dies of coronavirus
- Lessons for secondary level students begins on Sangsad TV
- Malaysia’s King and Queen in quarantine
- Padma Bridge’s last pillar work completed
- Corona death surpasses 24000 (update list)
- 101 yrs old Italian leaves hospital after healing from covid-19
- DSCC to provide one-month meal for 50,000 homeless
- England plans to return field by early May
- 2 more coronavirus cases detected, raising total to 51
- N Korea fires missiles amid coronavirus outbreak
- Thai King self-isolates with harem of 20 women!
- 5 killed, 11 injured as truck falls into ditch in Tangail
- Corona death toll crosses 40,000; infected over .8 million