Shakib in Harsha Bhogle ODI XI of the year
Published: 10:54 AM, 30 December 2018 Updated: 10:54 AM, 30 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Renowned cricket commentator Harsha Bhogle has announced his best ODI Eleven of the year for 2018, including Bangladesh Test and T20 captain Shakib Al Hasan, in the squad.
The world famed all-rounder, Shakib, played 15 ODI matches to score 497 runs at an average of 38.23 and grabbed 21 wickets at an average of 26.80.
But, the first name came in Harsha Bhogle's mind was Indian ODI opener cricketer Rohit Sharma, who scored his best 1030 runs this year at an average of 73.57. He scored five hundreds in the year and remained not out in five innings out of 19. Rohit is also the second highest run-scorer of this year.
Harsha had a bit of confusion picking Rohit's opening partner. From Jonny Bairstow and Shikhar Dhawan, Bhogle went with the latter because Rohit and Shikhar are batting partners.
Without any second thought, he further picked Virat Kohli for number three position followed by Joe Root for number 4. Kohli is the highest scorer this year with 1,202 runs and at an average of 133.55. Root also has numbers to back his inclusion. He scored 946 runs this year.
Another Englishman-cum-wicketkeeper Jos Buttler made it into the XI in addition to Bangladeshi all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan in addition to Sri Lankan Thisara Perera.
The number seven position had a little battle between West Indies' Jason Holder and Sri Lanka's Thisara Perera. Later, Perera was finally included.
Harsha found it easy to pick spinners for his team. Rashid Khan and Kuldeep Yadav have had a great year with the ball and there was no competition.
Among Mustafizur Rahman, Lungi Nigidi, Jasprit Bumrah, and Kagiso Rabada, Bhogle picked up last two to come good with the ball.
Horsha Bhogle XI: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Joe Root, Jos Buttler, Shakib Al Hasan, Thisara Perera, Rashid Khan, Kuldeep Yadav, Kagiso Rabada and Jasprit Bumrah.
- UNHCR envoy Miyavi hoped Rohingya crisis’ quick solve
- Sugar rise during pregnancy could make childhood obesity
- Laser technique could unlock use of tough material
- Youths to provide jobs instead of looking for employment: Palak
- Evolution of Puppy Dog eyes
- ‘Sinking’ Mughal-era mosque attracts visitors!
- President visits Imam Bukhari (R) mazar
- Atiqul wants to work for children
- Ruling party gibes on BNP maiden day
- `Please don`t use bad words for players`: Amir to fans
- No charge for client on ‘bKash- Rocket’ balance check
- Fine, if ads on city’s wall, trees!
- Youth ‘kills mother, rapes daughter’
- Mash reluctant to talk about retirement
- Morgan breaks record with six-hitting, England post 397
- IU publishes Fazil, Kamil exams’ results
- Betna River can be crossed walking
- HC orders ‘stern action’ against chemical use in fruits
- Kalyanpur petrol pump fire doused
- Rape allegation against JP Secretary General
- ECNEC approves 11 projects involving Tk 8,052cr
- HM explains posting of Addl SP to Thana as OC
- Massive fire breaks out at Kalyanpur petrol pump
- Trump wants to deport millions US residents
- Give your helping hand for meritorious student`s treatment
- Gold, silver price abated
- GSB discovered ‘Iron ore mine’ in Dinajpur!
- Indonesia ferry sinking leaves at least 15 dead
- Appeal hearing of war criminal Azhar starts
- England wins toss, bat first against Afghanistan
- All News »
- Apurba’s younger brother commits suicide
- Akash of N’ganj made Lamborghini!
- Uber driver’s slit-throat body found in Uttara
- Shakib, Liton star as Tigers beat Windies
- Daraz joins hands with Visa
- Australia beat Pakistan by 41 runs
- Mila’s assistant threw acid at Sanjari’s private parts!
- Ramp up pressure on Myanmar
- Ex-Sonagazi OC Moazzem held
- Rohingyas leave camps, collect Bangladeshi passports
- Amitabh Bachchan`s Twitter Account Hacked
- Oil tanker collision in Chattogram port, closes vessels movement
- PM orders for professional skill based promotion of army men
- 8 children injured as ceiling of hospital caves in
- 53 children die in India from brain disease linked to lychee
- Myanmar buying weapons despite int’l arms embargoes
- Drug trader killed in Cumilla gunfight
- Finance Minister starts unveiling budget
- England wins beating Windies
- BGB man killed by lightning strike
- College girl torched in Narsingdi, 1 held
- ‘Lack of harvesting laborers results of employment opportunities’
- 2 students killed in Pabna road crash
- ‘Rohingya crisis may destabilise Asia if not resolved’
- Bangladesh informs UN about Myanmar’s non-cooperation
- JS budget session begins today
- Cop sues wife on charge of torture for dowry
- Tk 5,23,190cr budget for FY20 unveils in Parliament
- Cigarette, bidi prices go up in Budget FY20
- Uday Hakim joins risingbd as Advisory Editor