Shakib in Harsha Bhogle ODI XI of the year
Published: 10:54 AM, 30 December 2018 Updated: 10:54 AM, 30 December 2018
Daily Bangladesh Desk
Renowned cricket commentator Harsha Bhogle has announced his best ODI Eleven of the year for 2018, including Bangladesh Test and T20 captain Shakib Al Hasan, in the squad.
The world famed all-rounder, Shakib, played 15 ODI matches to score 497 runs at an average of 38.23 and grabbed 21 wickets at an average of 26.80.
But, the first name came in Harsha Bhogle's mind was Indian ODI opener cricketer Rohit Sharma, who scored his best 1030 runs this year at an average of 73.57. He scored five hundreds in the year and remained not out in five innings out of 19. Rohit is also the second highest run-scorer of this year.
Harsha had a bit of confusion picking Rohit's opening partner. From Jonny Bairstow and Shikhar Dhawan, Bhogle went with the latter because Rohit and Shikhar are batting partners.
Without any second thought, he further picked Virat Kohli for number three position followed by Joe Root for number 4. Kohli is the highest scorer this year with 1,202 runs and at an average of 133.55. Root also has numbers to back his inclusion. He scored 946 runs this year.
Another Englishman-cum-wicketkeeper Jos Buttler made it into the XI in addition to Bangladeshi all-rounder Shakib Al Hasan in addition to Sri Lankan Thisara Perera.
The number seven position had a little battle between West Indies' Jason Holder and Sri Lanka's Thisara Perera. Later, Perera was finally included.
Harsha found it easy to pick spinners for his team. Rashid Khan and Kuldeep Yadav have had a great year with the ball and there was no competition.
Among Mustafizur Rahman, Lungi Nigidi, Jasprit Bumrah, and Kagiso Rabada, Bhogle picked up last two to come good with the ball.
Horsha Bhogle XI: Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Virat Kohli, Joe Root, Jos Buttler, Shakib Al Hasan, Thisara Perera, Rashid Khan, Kuldeep Yadav, Kagiso Rabada and Jasprit Bumrah.
- Motorcycle crash kills 2 in Panchbibi
- 15 Day training for upazila info service officers begins
- Step against entrants with arms in airport
- CSK to field first aginst RCB
- Two students killed in road crashes in Munshiganj, Gazipur
- Bangladesh Archery team to fly to Bangkok Sunday
- Quader talks to physician
- 3 brands to spend 250 crores on Aamir
- Many `march for love` in New Zealand as mosques reopen
- Rowshan deputy opposition in JS
- 19 drug dealers’ surrender in Feni
- Kamal visits Mosharraf Rubel
- 8 Indian nationals extradited
- Schoolboy killed in Munshiganj road crash
- Boro cultivation exceeds target in C’nawabganj
- Jet Airways hangs flight to Dhaka
- Modi greets Imran Khan on Pakistan National Day
- Taskin chooses World Cup over his prolonged career
- Minister for Human rights violation free Bangladesh
- One killed in Gazipur road crash
- Rohingyas’ involve spreading crime
- Messi ruled out of Argentina`s next match with groin injury
- Case filed over killing of Bilaichhari upazila AL president
- IS ‘caliphate’ totally eliminated
- Water crisis in health complex
- Bipasha Hayat with family on birthday
- Finance Minister visit ailing Quader
- Quader’s condition improves, sleeping pills reduced
- Sheikh Hasina nominated lifetime DUCSU member
- 60 burned to death in a bus collision in Ghana
- All News »
- Ex-JaPa leader Mohsen Rashid joins Gono Forum
- Maize production likely bumper in Rangpur
- Registration of Shuprovat Paribahan bus cancelled
- Man held with shotgun at Dhaka airport
- Coal power stations disrupt rainfall: Global study
- Nationwide prog on Bangabandhu’s birth centenary
- Local AL leader shot dead in Rangamati
- 7 incl presiding officer shot dead in Rangamati
- Students again on road with ‘We want Justice’
- Indonesia floods, mudslides: death toll rises to 89
- Six dead, 30 injured in China chemical plant blast
- ‘Send cricket team to ensure security in future’
- Attack suspect Brenton Tarrant appears in court
- BUP student killed in Narda road crash, sparks protest
- AL leader stabbed dead in Sunamganj
- First Bangladeshi girl in UN`s Education Conference
- Monali’s Dhaka concert postponed
- Protest continues demanding justice for Abrar
- NZ PM vows never to say gunman`s name
- National SME fair begins
- 100th birthday of Bangabandhu celebrated
- Drug trader killed in Meherpur gunfight
- Tigers left New Zealand
- Student killed in Sirajganj road crash, road blockade
- 12th death anniversary of Rana today
- Rain with gusty wind likely
- 50 killed as flash floods strike Indonesia’s Papua
- Hard-hitter Sabbir gets hitched
- All 50 victims of Christchurch attack identified: police
- 2 Bangladeshi Christchurch victims’ burial completed