Shakib, Tamim to play for World XI
Published: 06:17 PM, 23 April 2018
Bangladesh Test and T20 skipper Shakib Al Hasan and left-hand batsman of Tamim Iqbal have been added to the World XI squad that will take on West Indies in a one-off T20I at Lord`s on May 31. The match is being organised to raise funds for the reconstruction of stadiums that were damaged in the Caribbean last year by Hurricanes Irma and Maria.
Afghanistan legspinner Rashid Khan, the No. 1 ranked T20I bowler, Rashid`s participation, along with the Bangladesh pair of Tamim Iqbal and Shakib Al Hasan, was confirmed by the ICC on Monday. The trio joins Pakistan`s Shahid Afridi and Shoaib Malik, and Sri Lanka all-rounder Thisara Perera. The team is being led by the England limited-overs captain Eoin Morgan.
Tamim, whose only international appearance at Lord`s came in 2010 when he struck a fifty and century in a Test, against England said: "I am delighted to have been chosen to once again represent the ICC World XI for a cause which will only make cricket a bigger and better sport. The West Indies` contribution to the global game is unmatched and unparalleled, and if the cricket fraternity can get together to play a small role in the rebuilding of their damaged venues following last year`s hurricanes, then this is a very small price with hugely positive results."
The West Indies squad is led by Carlos Brathwaite and includes players such as Chris Gayle, Marlon Samuels and Samuel Badree. The match will also mark the international return of Andre Russell following a year-long ban for a doping-code violation.
More names are expected to be added to the World XI squad in the coming days.
West Indies squad: Samuel Badree, Carlos Brathwaite (capt), Rayad Emrit, Andre Fletcher, Chris Gayle, Evin Lewis, Ashley Nurse, Keemo Paul, Rovman Powell, Denesh Ramdin (wk), Andre Russell, Marlon Samuels, Kesrick Williams.
- Make popcorn at home
- Woman teems 4 children at once
- Mentally disabled man memorizes entire Holy Quran
- ‘Enjoy rape in failure to prevent’
- Chris: World’s heaviest sheep ever
- Alia-Ranbir wedding card revealed!
- ‘Nagad’ account in 1 minute
- Govt incentive surges remittance flow
- Goat morsels plant: Youth killed in scuffle
- MPO Enroll: Priority given to remote areas’ insts
- 4 companies fined in Chandina market
- FICA supports players’ strike
- ECNEC clears 5 projects of Tk 4636.80 cr
- No ‘Classical Music Festival’ this year
- Asif plays villain in debut!
- 37th BCS Non-cadre result published
- OC dismissed for intercedes Razakar
- Sand imported from China instead of cotton
- No Salary for 27 months despite daily attendance Tk 60
- UK team meets DU VC
- Nusrat murder case verdict Oct 24
- Way to use body scrubber to get brighter skin
- NBR gets time to report on chemical testing unit
- 157 dead in Iraq protests: new official toll
- Bimal Biswas left WPB
- Hearing on Robi’s due appeal Thursday
- Cricketers’ movement unexpected: Papon
- Amitabh apologizes, storm on social media
- Banning unlicensed easybike-rickshaw in city
- Stop unhealthy race on roads: PM
- All News »
- Pooja Zunjar, new born baby die as family fails to get ambulance
- Child Tuhin murder: 2 relatives give statement
- JMI Hospital Requisite holds IPO road show
- Padma Bank Limited receive insurance cheque
- Now father allegedly kills child in Faridpur
- 3 women killed as truck hits human hauler
- Now PUBG bans in Bangladesh
- Jubo League age decision at Ganabhaban: Quader
- Brutal murder of child: Case filed against 10
- Typhoon Hagibis: Death toll rises to 68 in Japan
- Abrar murder chargesheet soon: HM
- PM urges UGC not to go beyond rules
- Sunny, Al Amin recalled for India T20 series
- Siddik has relations with multiple girls, alleges wife Mim
- New labor laws in Qatar benefiting migrant workers
- 35 pilgrims killed as bus crashes in Saudia Arabia
- Padma Bridge work progress 84 pc
- Gold bars worth Tk 6.5cr recovered in Shah Amanat
- DU ‘Ka’, ‘Cha’ unit admission test results tomorrow
- Johnson sends unsigned letter to EU for Brexit delay
- Japan keen to expand existing bilateral ties: Envoy
- 2 pedestrians die after being hit by bus
- T20 World Cup Qualifier begins today
- ‘Kathin Chibar Dan’ being celebrated
- BUET students’ call off protests
- 9 addl judges appointed to HC
- City Bank MD alleged for sexual assault
- DU ‘A’ unit admission test result postponed
- Sabila Nur’s honeymoon preparation!
- ‘Kurigram Express’ to be launched today